Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #61  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Feb...

If you guys have a February challenge, I'm in... my nike+ name is deeinthekeys.. hope you guys have fun with January, and that I'm able to run more in Feb. right now I'm signed up for a 5k on feb. 17th.

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #62  
Move it and lose it!!

S/C/G: 243/238/170

Height: 5'10"

Dee-

If you would like I can add you to Jan! It will include all your previous runs!
kristanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #63  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

I was just coming to say that all you 3FC people are kicking my beginner runner's butt!!

I'm proud of my little bit of running but am still trying to get up to 5km at a time. I've only been able to squeeze in one or two runs a week and they seem to, for now, average about 3.5 km. I'm getting there though and I'm enjoying watching my numbers go up on the Nike site. It seems a little simple almost but it can be surprisingly motivating.

Kristan - I'm not sure if the site would include previous runs before you "accept" the challenge. I'm no expert on the site and I only did one run before the challenge (and it was in January) and it's included in my personal totals but not the challenge totals. Unless it was before the start date?? I think my run was Jan. 2nd.

For me, no big deal either way given the numbers we're looking at, I just wanted to let you know.

If there's something I'm missing, let me know! And thanks for setting up the challenge. I really hope to keep improving.
elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:13 AM   #64  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Kristan, but I'm so new to running that this month is sad.... I've only just now gotten to where I can run 1/2 mile without stopping. I have a 5k next month though, so will be working up some more mileage soon.
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #65  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Dee - good for you for going for the 5km next month. There's a website that shows you how to train for a 5km race, if it's your first. I think it's set up for a "novice" rather than a "beginner" which just has to do with the current shape you're in. I think it's an 8 week program.

Here's the link...there's also links there to a walking program and more advance stuff too. http://www.halhigdon.com/5K%20Training/5-Knovice.htm

As I said above, I'm also new and hoping to get to 5k soon. I'm at about 3.5 km and am hoping to go for 4 next week. I guess where you live, there's a lot more options at this time of year. I don't know that I'll get outside to run until March or April...but that's just because, being new, I'm scared of the cold and the snow/ice etc.

Good luck and let us know how your progress goes.
elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote