Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default XBOX Kinect - Your Shape or Biggest Loser...anyone tried them?

I'm trying to decide which XBOX Kinect game to get. I'm reading good reviews for both, but can only ask for one for Christmas - which one? Reviews welcome!
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #2  
Happy New Rear!

S/C/G: 240/218.6/140

Height: 5'4"

So which one did you get? I have XBOX Kinect too and I can't decide either!
Lnoelparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

I've heard Your Shape is the best one, I plan to get them both though. At the moment I have Dance Central and EA Active (the one with the heart monitor). I'm looking into that Zumba one, too!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #4  

I just received Your Shape, Biggest Loser AND Dance Central. I will keep you posted as I use all 3. I am still in a massive learning curve. It is tough to see the outline of my body on a wide-screen so I have been dragging my feet.
Sujo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I'd love to hear about The Biggest Loser game. I plan on getting the Xbox 360/Kinect in the next couple weeks and i REALLY want it...but not if it isn't good.
slvrangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #6  
Getting healthy!

Height: 5'7"

I have Your Shape and I LOVE it! It's been great for keeping me motivated for working out and for me it's not at all boring. I find myself wanting to keep playing after a couple of hours, when I usually can't push myself past a half hour on treadmills and what not.

I really want to get Dance Central, too! I've heard it's really fun and a great work out.
Paramedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #7  

I have Your Shape and I love it - although it can be annoying when you KNOW you're doing the movement right and it says you're out of sync. Either way, it doesn't penalize you so as long as you HONESTLY try, it works. It is a very very good work out (I'm just getting back in to it; haven't done it since January!) and was on the New Year New You (I think) program.

I also just bought Dance Central yesterday and I already adore it. I'm working one song at a time until I can master it 100% and then I move on to the next one. Right now, I'm on the easiest song (Lady Gaga "Poker Face") and am just starting to get into the "Hard" setting on it. It's a lot of fun, too.

I looked at Biggest Loser but Your Shape just had so much more to it that I liked. It wasn't as gimicky-looking and the longevity seems really good (constant new programs, etc). Plus you can link it up to the website and challenge friends (although I can't remember if Biggest Loser lets you do that or not).

For those struggling with the weird colors in Your Shape (of your body), you can get it to show YOU, not just the outline of you coloured in with gel-like graphics. I think it's your left foot that you use to rotate through the colour schemes once you're in your work out. If you're just at the main menu, it just cycles through various colours.

I'd be really interested if those of us with one (or both!) games did a challenge? (unless it's been done; I'm new here). I think it'd be really fun and exciting. The work outs aren't really boring (Your Shape tends to get a little repetitive if you do more than 1 session at a time) and best of all you can do it at home (yay!). 30 minutes or more goes by really fast, too.

What I'm doing is 30 minutes of Your Shape, then 30 minutes of Dance Central because the latter seems more like a "game" to me than actual exercise so I'm psyched to play it. Your Shape is hard, and definitely a work out, so I get it out of the way first so I can then play Dance Central.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote