Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Just sneaking into this exercise thread if I may. I've had EA Sports Active for 3 days now. It definitely kicks butt compared to Wii Fit and the squat holds are a killer (managed full 30 seconds day 2 but yesterday I was so sore I had to stop 3 or 4 times).

Anyhow, whilst I'm liking the format I'm having difficulty with some, but not all, of the band exercises. I played and played the video but can't see where I'm going wrong. I've tried repositioning the nunchuck and wiimote, standing closer to the TV, further away, moved the sensor bar but I still can't get the thing to pick up my movements. Anyone else have this and solved the problem or am I just going to have to skip certain exercises?

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:18 AM   #32  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KforKitty View Post
Just sneaking into this exercise thread if I may. I've had EA Sports Active for 3 days now. It definitely kicks butt compared to Wii Fit and the squat holds are a killer (managed full 30 seconds day 2 but yesterday I was so sore I had to stop 3 or 4 times).

Anyhow, whilst I'm liking the format I'm having difficulty with some, but not all, of the band exercises. I played and played the video but can't see where I'm going wrong. I've tried repositioning the nunchuck and wiimote, standing closer to the TV, further away, moved the sensor bar but I still can't get the thing to pick up my movements. Anyone else have this and solved the problem or am I just going to have to skip certain exercises?

Kitty
Took me about a week to really get the right way to hold the 'mote, I was so frustrated I wanted to throw the foolish thing. What I started doing (and seems to be working) is puttng the "face" of the wiimote right against my palm (so the buttons are in the crook of your hand) just rotate it a bit from the way it feels comfortable (with your thumb on the button) and rotate it in more.

I know this sounds confusing, I should just post a picture, but as soon as I shifted the wiimote and nunchuck "in" more, all the exercises started registering normally.

Hope this helps.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:07 AM   #33  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

there was a new piece released in gamestop stores that you can attach to the remote to help with sensing. It is called the Wii Motion Plus, please see article for more or type wii motion plus in google if the address doesn't work.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/det...JAKWhEO9zBvyPH

It came out with the Tiger Woods game this month and now it's sold separately.

Last edited by Minya; 07-25-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Just an FYI - the motionplus is not compatible with Wii Active. Hopefully that will change as the response time is the only thing about the game that is a pain in the butt. Well, some of the exercises are too but not in the same way.
LeslieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #35  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

I have 2 of the motion plus's, since we just picked up the Wii Sports Resort.

I hope they make an upgrade so it's compatible with Active, thats the only thing that still irks me about it, it's lack of motion sensitivity.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:55 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Thanks Lissus. I'm still not getting it on some of the exercises with the band. Seems to be those when you start off with your hands lower down - the bent over rows, alternate bicept curls etc. are just not happening. Normal rows and shoulder presses I can do fine. Its odd.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 198/184/150

Height: 5'3"

If you haven't already bought the Gold's Gym or the Fitness Coach, the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout focuses mainly on boxing. It does offer abdominal, leg, and back workouts also. I think the Cardio Workout is a lot more fun than the Personal Trainer. I just can't seem to get past all of the talking on the Personal Trainer. Hope this is useful.
lilpiglet228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #38  

Strange...I actually haven't had any problems with the MotionPlus and EA Sports Active. The game doesn't recognize the enhanced sensitivity, of course, but the workouts all seem fine to me...

BTW, this site gives a rundown of different games that can be used for exercising on the Wii (it's got some good information on Nutrisystem too).

http://www.nutwiisystem.com/best-wii...ise-games.html

There's always debate of whether to go with EA Sports Active or Wii Fit or Gold's Gym Cardio or whatnot. To be honest, I started out with Wii Fit and got bored with it, moved on to Gold's Gym Cardio and got bored of that...today, I have all of them and mix them up EA Sports Active is best for a good old-fashioned cardio full-body workout, Wii Fit is good for those days when you want to unwind, and Gold's Gym Cardio is the best for upper body workout.

Last edited by hcl777; 09-05-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: additional info
hcl777 is offline   Reply With Quote