Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #1  
Workin' It

Default Iron Man Pull Up Bar

Just bought one of these Iron Man Pullup bars that installs in a door frame today - oh my goodness, I wasn't prepared at all for that...

I can do four pullups on the bars that have my palms facing each other - but only if i start with my feet on the floor and return them to the floor when I lower back down. If I lift my feet up and bend my knees I hang there and swing a little, can pull up maybe 1/2 inch if I'm lucky...

How exactly does one work themselves up to a pull up? Stand on a stepstool or have someone hold the feet up?

On the plus side, love the bar - seems to do exactly what it is advertised to do, easy to assemble.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I want to do this too, but I'm sure I'll need help too!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Shannon...do you have to install this in the doorframe. My bf wants to get one but wants to hang it from the ceiling on a support beam. I wouldn't mind being able to use it...but i think i am a loooooonnnnngggg way from being able to do a pull up!!! lol.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote