Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #1  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile Finally Ordered A Treadmill!

I'm so excited and can't wait for it to get here. I haven't bought any exercise equipment in the past because I live at home with my mother and our house is too small for anything to fit in it! I have been dying to get one lately, knowing that I'll dedicate LOTS of time to exercise if I am able to do it at home. After tons of online research and visiting a few stores for some testing I decided on a Smooth Fitness treadmill. The company has great reviews. They only sell online direct to the consumer to cut out the middleman. Their warranties are phenomenal (lifetime on the frame, 25 years on motor). I bought their new, lowest model, which is a super space-saving fold-up. It was on sale for $799 down from $999 and I got free shipping. I should get it within the next two weeks. Already comes fully assembled! Weight loss here I come!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6.5

Awesome!!!!! I LOVE mine. It gets dusty from time to time but I've stepped it back up again. I'm doing the C25K program. You should too!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Smooth fitness does have a good reputation from what I hear. Congrats!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:34 AM   #4  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

I've had the treadmill for a few days now and LOVE it! It's very simple, but sturdy. It folds up so well and saves so much space. Of course now that I have it set up, it's probably not getting folded up unless we have company and need the space. It runs well and feels like it will hold up for a long time. I haven't tried jogging on it, not sure if I trust it for that.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

AWESOME ONCE....now make sure it doesn't become a clothes hanger!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

Default re

I have a treadmill that I had used to hang clothes on but this thread is motivation for me to dust it off and start using it agan!!! It's great to use for a nice walk while watching tv (esp after a long day at work).
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote