Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Ilene, I just finished the Yoga Burn dvd. I really enjoyed it. I found it much easier to follow than the yoga strength, because it was slower. I liked the repeating of each move. It took me until the last boat pose to actually be able to remove my legs from the floor, so it wasn't all pretty I can asure you. lol My arms really feel like they got a good workout and It finished so nicely that I'm very relaxed. Thank you for the suggestion.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnmom View Post
Ilene, I just finished the Yoga Burn dvd. I really enjoyed it. I found it much easier to follow than the yoga strength, because it was slower. I liked the repeating of each move. It took me until the last boat pose to actually be able to remove my legs from the floor, so it wasn't all pretty I can asure you. lol My arms really feel like they got a good workout and It finished so nicely that I'm very relaxed. Thank you for the suggestion.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it ... The downward dog poses, over and over killed me the first couple of times
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #18  

A year or so back I purchased "Sunrise Tai Chi." I thought tai chi would be a nice change now and again to help my exercise stay interesting and not get boring. The dvd is a terrific workout, but not at all what I "think" tai chi is. I've always thought it to be slow controlled fluid movements. Anyone interested in tai chi and have suggestions?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

lnsnmom -- I've never done tai-chi sorry I can't help you...

Today I did :

I did the intermediate session #2 Toning... ....I shoulda done the #1 Energizer aka beginners to learn the moves... it was an excellent workout....
Old 04-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #20  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I happen to have both of Leslie Sanson's You can do Yoga and You can do Pilate's. She gives great instructions and I found them both very easy to use. I enjoy doing both of them a few times a week now.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #21  

Ilene, Somehow I missed that you had posted here again!!! I have a Rodney Yee Power Yoga for strength. You go through the moves VERY quickly. I actually felt sea sick the first couple of times I used it. Does Kests' style move from pose to pose quickly? Also, the Rodney Yee contains two poses where you balance on just your hands. I don't see that as "beginner," but maybe you're not suppose to be a 43 y/o mother of 4 when you begin lol I just modify them leaving one foot on the ground. I can still feel my upper bady working and strengthening and being stretched since I nearly look like a pretzel for both!! I was really excited yesterday......I did the Rod. Yee yoga burn you had suggested earlier and was actually able to do three really good boat poses ( the belly down, grab your ankles, lift your legs ) The first time I did the dvd I wasn't able to lift my legs. My thighs just burned like crazy as they tried!!! The next time I managed a little lift by the third rep etc...but yesterday 3 good ones with plenty of clearance between me and the floor. Thanks again for suggesting this dvd. It really is helping me build muscle AND I'm actually back to losing weight!! Muscle does need more calories to survive.
Have a terrific Monday!
Kristi
Old 04-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

lovnmom,

Kests does move from pose to pose quite quickly, but it's a good workout...

for the improvement on your poses... I see changes everytime I do a DVD ...
Old 04-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #23  

Thanks for the Kudos Ilene!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I use Pilates or basic stretching. Crunch Burn and Firm Pilates is THE best workout I've tried because it incorporates light weights and focuses on upper body strength in addition to core and leg muscles.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote