Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 07:35 PM   #1  
Slimwithin

Default Fettucini with Fresh Tomatoes

Borrowed from magazine Taste of Home's Light & Tasty, Sept 24,2001 edition. This is a great magazine, by the way, with good nutritional info at the bottom of each recipe. Makes it easy for me to calculate WW points. No advertising either.

This is a great recipe for using up your garden tomatoes without lengthy cooking.

8 ounces uncooked linguini or other pasta (I like whole wheat)
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
6 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 tsp dried basil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tablespoons butter

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large sarving bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and toss with butter. Add to tomato mixture and toss to coat.
Makes 6 servings
I cut the recipe way down to make a single serving for myself as DH isn't into pasta. I suppose you could make the full amount ahead of time and keep in fridge just doling out enough for one serving but it works better for me to make it fresh each time.

Nutritional Info per serving
5 Weight Watchers Points
211 calories, 9 gram fat (5 gr. saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 26 gr. carbohydrate, 2 gr. fiber, 8 gr. protein. Diabetic Exchanges 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch

I like this served with sliced sauteed chicken breast and some stir-fried zucchini, onion & mushrooms.
Old 08-26-2001, 03:57 PM   #2  

Default 26 gm of Carbohydrate isn't low carb!! (NFM)

This is not a low carb recipe!
Old 09-02-2001, 02:14 AM   #3  
Slimwithin

Default Well, SORRY

I thought these recipes were for people doing Lower Carb Weight Watchers AND Carb Addicts Diet not just strictly low carb. In fact, the recipe would fit in perfectly with the Reward Meal in the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet.
Closed Thread