Old 10-24-2006, 06:57 PM   #1  

Question Ground Turkey

Does anyone have a good recipe for ground turkey? I would like to start using more of it, but I dont have any recipes.
Rach05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I just use ground beef recipes and substitute it! We don't eat ground beef at all anymore
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Ground Turkey Mini Meatloaves
1 20oz pkg ground turkey (or to save even more calories, ground turkey breast)
1 large onion, grated
1 large carrot, finely grated
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
6 tbsp tomato ketchup, divided
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
dash cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/3 c. fat free chicken broth
2 tbsp barbecue sauce
cooking spray

In a large bowl, place all ingredients except 2 tbsp of the ketchup and 2 tbsp of the barbecue sauce. Gently combine all ingredients with a fork, lightly tossing until combined...do not overwork or overmix!

Spray 8 cups of a standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide meatloaf mixture into 8 equal-sized portions and roll each into a ball. Place each ball in one of the muffin tins, press lightly to flatten.

In a small bowl, combine the 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tbsp barbecue sauce, and another dash of cumin. Mix well. With a pastry brush, brush the top of the meatloaves with about half of the mixture.

Bake meatloaves at 375 degrees for 20-25 min. 10 minutes before they will be done, brush the tops again with the remaining barbecue sauce/ketchup mixture and return to the oven.

I am having these tonight, actually, with roasted potato and green beans with lemon and garlic.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #4  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

That recipe sounds sooooo good! And I like the idea of mini meatloves.. it sounds fun.

I love turkey meat too but my dad doesn't like it so we don't eat. I'm not very fond of ground beef but he is.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

and two meatloaf "muffins" is a serving, so you get a decent amount of food - 5 oz protein, plus some extra veggies hidden in there.

Best benefit - meatloaf, fully cooked in half an hour.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

I made this recipe this week, and my husband loved it. I don't really like ground turkey or beef, but I thought it was good.. the sauce is SO GOOD!

I made it with regular egg noodles (you can use wheat) and steamed carrots. I made four cups of egg noodles (two servings and two servings of leftovers for us, so 4 servings total), and one bag of carrots. It comes out to about 7-10 weight watchers points just to give you a general idea. The original recipe was 7, but I tweaked it a bit.

Salisbury Steak

8 oz lean ground turkey breast
1 cup Total (measure before turning into crumbs; you can also use All Bran)
½ cup quick oats
1 egg
2-3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 of an onion, chopped fine
Garlic powder
Parsley
Non-stick cooking spray
2 cans Campbell's French Onion Soup

Place all in ingredients, except the soup, in a bowl and mix well. I use my hands but it is quit messy. Form the mixture into 4 patties, each a little more then 3 oz each. Brown in a large frying pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Once both sides are browned add the cans of soup, and a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce, lower the heat to simmer and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes. Prepare 1 Tbsp. corn starch/water for thickening. Remove patties from sauce and add corn starch mixture while bringing the sauce to a boil. Thicken as desired.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #7  

hi there, the mini meatloaves sound delicious, how does 20 ozs convert to lbs? Do you know the points per serving? I'm not too fond of ground turkey/chicken, no idea why since I love them both in any other form! So I'm always on the lookout for recipes that I can dress it up with and save some points from using ground beef.... thanks!!
nicmic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Height: 5'4"

Default ground turkey

Nic, I would say that 20 oz. is a lb and 4 0z. I put a little sage in mine for a delicious taste. You can use any herb I suppose that you like. A little onion, or garlic, along with salt and pepper. For meatloaf a little bread crumbs and ketchup. When I stuff cabbage I use a little ground pork to make a tasty meal.
Lizabeth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

I also use ground turkey in place of all ground beef. To add a little more 'beefy' flavor, I add beef bullion powder to it.

A favorite in our family is my turkey veggie meatballs.

In a food processor, I process a small onion, 2 carrots, and a green pepper. Then I add in the usual suspects.. bread crumbs, egg whites, seasonings, GROUND TURKEY, some beef bullion and a little bit of grated (not powder, the fresh stuff) parm cheese.

They will be a lot softer than regular meatballs, and messy. Takes a little bit to figure out how to roll them into balls, but you can! I usually only use about a pound of ground turkey and it heartily feeds 4 people twice.

I usually use them to make spaghetti one night, then meatball "subs" (we use light hamburger buns) another night. Even the picky eaters in the house love them, and don't realize they are more than half vegetable.
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

The mini meatloafs were a hit in our house and I can't wait to make them again. I had those with a bake potato and thought I was in heaven
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/175/130

Height: 5' 6"

Those sound so good, I think my fience will love them to, so I'm going to try them tonight with baked mashed potatoes and green beans
MikesBabyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote