Old 04-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Braised Balsamic Chicken

This is one of my favorite recipes ever, not just Phase 1. Flavorful, filling, and easy!

Also - if this has already been posted before, I apologize! New here and still trying to figure out how to search properly.

Braised Balsamic Chicken (serves 2)

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
ground black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 small onion, thinly chopped
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
2 roma tomatoes, diced (or 1 small can of diced tomatoes)
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1/8 tsp dried thyme

1. Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic powder. Heat olive oil in skillet, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken (chicken does not have to be cooked fully at this point, just browned on the outside).

2. Pour tomatoes and vinegar over chicken and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.

Calories: 206 (per serving)
Fat: 6.1 g
Carbs: ~7

Goes very well with "fried" broccoli (fresh heads sauteed in a little olive oil, sea salt, and red pepper flakes to taste).
glavinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #2  
South Beach Babe

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

This was actually pretty good I changed it just a bit because I didn't have all of the ingredients. I used green onions and minced garlic, cut the breasts in half horizontally, and did not add tomatoes. I also used a lid on my pan when simmering to keep the juices in. The chicken was juicy and mildly flavored. I think I will add a bit more seasoning next time. I paired it with oven roasted asparagus and eggplant sprinkled with parmesan cheese and kosher salt. Yum!
TinaTiny82 is offline   Reply With Quote