Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #1  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Default fat loss for idiots?

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links here, but ? If I'm not allowed can someone pls let me know.

Here's the website in question
fat loss 4 idiots dot com

I was doing some weight loss reading/searching and came across this site. I have no intention of signing up but wondered if anyone has tried it, and how well they found it works for them.

Premise seems to be: 11 day diet plan, and then 3 days off diet. They give you a list of what to eat for each day, based on a food list of 'favorite items' you give the 'food generator'. Promises 8 pounds per 11 days (which brings up a flag for me right there). The idea of keeping your body guessing by changing what you do, makes sense.

My thoughts though are:
1. I don't much like being called an idiot
(it says " I'm an idiot!" at the bottom of page 1)
2. Nobody can promise 9 pounds in 11 days.

~ Angie
Old 08-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #2  
it's always something

Check this thread for an expert opinion, as well as a sample of the diet: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=90848

For the record, you aren't alone in feeling insulted by the title. A lot of people share your opinion
Old 08-06-2006, 07:19 AM   #3  

Interesting that the site was originally called "Weight Loss 4 Idiots" and now they call it "Fat Loss 4 Idiots". They still make the same wild promises though. "Lose 9 lbs Every 11 Days!"

9 lbs of what??? It sure isn't fat. And if you followed that line of logic through to it's conclusion - losing 9 lbs every 11 days - you would soon be in negative numbers and cease to exist!

Excellent link Suzanne posted. The assesment of the diet on that thread just about sums up everything a person needs to know before wasting their money.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #4  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

thanks for the link.

ya oops I was wrong, 9 lbs in 11 days? eek that just can't be right.
Maybe they're calling it fat loss for idiots cause they're calling you that when you sign up! haha (sorry guys whoever you are)

I really wish there weren't so many gimmicks because people put their hearts into these things and when they don't get those great results it really brings you down.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

There's a series of books that are calld "The Idiots Guide to Windows" Etc. It has branced out in a million different books. It's a spin off of "Basic (computer program) for Dummies" Etc. Right now I have "The Idiot's Guide to Nutrition" in my bookcase. It is basic stuff, nothing gimmick about it. My point is this website is probably a play on those words of a popular book series that covers many topics and isn't meant to make you seem that stupid. Of course saying it at the bottom of page one makes me have my doubts. I do hate that suck a gimmick of a program (as one that claims that much fat loss) is using the name of reputable line of books that aren't gimmicky like that.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200+/140

I too am sceptical, but I like the premice of increasing your metabolism naturally - with food. I'm a meal skipper, and have NO metabolism! Would love to here from someone who paid the money and tried it!
Old 08-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I signed up for the "Idiot Proof Diet Handbook," and here's a humility moment for me: yeah, I paid money for it. At the time, I was around 165 pounds and it was cheaper than some diet pills/supplements I tried.

All it did was ask you to choose between three food choices over and over, which basically ruled out what you don't eat that's on their list of foods (they had a vegetarian option too).

Then they map out your diet. Basically, if someone said "eat smaller meals, but in greater number throughout the day, and eat healthy foods like tuna and nuts, and avoid pizza," you could have saved yourself some money.

I wasn't really exercising at the time and didn't see any real results.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #8  
Laurelei

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5' 6"

Yeah, that website is all pretty much made up. The people who made it were just looking for a quick buck. (And sadly, it probably worked too.)
Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #9  

Been there, done that - it didn't do a thing for me except waste my money.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:09 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Interesting that they demand you pay $39 for it BEFORE you really have a clue what you are getting.
Closed Thread