Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Default Skin Firming Lotions

Okay, so I'm thinking of trying some kind of skin firming lotion. Not for cellulite, but for my loose skin. I'm not expecting a miracle but just a little bit of help, if you know what I mean.
I was looking at Nivea and Dove and didn't know which one to choose. Has anyone ever tried a skin-firming lotion? Does it work even a little bit?
Old 05-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

I use 'em - I generally buy whatever is on sale, but I prefer the more emollient (thicker) lotions - I've bought Jergens, Dove, Neutrogena, Suave and a couple others. Personally, I think they're all pretty much the same although some smell better than others

Besides, I would be buying lotion ANYWAY, so it's not like I'm spending extra money or anything. And I do like the Dove "Campaign for real Beauty" ads.

we've had some threads on this topic in the past...let me dig up a couple links for ya

Skin Firming Lotions?

Skin firming lotions
Old 05-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9

Thank you my dear!
Old 05-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #4  

skin firming lotions, besides just rehydrating your skin do pretty much nothing. Once skin is stretched out you can't make is regain it's elasticity. What does work is building muscle. The muscle will fill out the sagging part of the skin and it will appear firmer. You dont need to build bulk, any muscle will do. Did you ever notice the ads for skin firming lotions all say "skin "appears" firmer in 30 days" etc, that is b/c all someone has to do is say "ya, i think it worked" to make a claim that it appears to work. There is no actual scientific evidence......... and we all know that personal opinion from someone who is paid to try out a product should be taken with a grain of salt. You can't fix skin from the outside, the outside layer of skin is dead.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #5  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

I use the Nivea body reshaping treatment. While my skin has never been overly loose (I started using it as a preventative thing while losing weight) I have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my stretch marks.
Closed Thread