Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 06:49 AM   #1  

Default Amino-Vital?

What do you think of this product? There was a marketing rep at our last DCFit seminar on hydration and he was saying that this should help your recovery faster after a long run. But the way he kept reminding people to hydrate during and after the run and to eat carbs and drink gatorade as well, I am kind of leery. OK, more than leery - like read flags and warning signs all over. On the other hand, if there is something that could help me recover fast, I am all for it.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:02 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Amino acids are good, but looking at the 'supplement facts' and ingredients of these pricey products, I don't see anything here you can't get elsewhere much cheaper.

What kills me is that these are being promoted as some sort of breakthrough new discovery - when the benefits of aminos have been known and studied for years now.

Check this link out at Supplementwatch.com for info.

I'm not saying that this isn't a good product...I haven't tried it so I wouldn't know - but IMO this is an example of putting a new 'marketing spin' on something that's been around for awhile. I see on their website they have lots of testimonials (paid endorsements no doubt) and focusing their marketing to athletes and aspiring athletes. But IMO, as I've said, there is nothing new under the sun and to my unexpert eyes, I just don't see ANYTHING new here to warrant the high markup...
Old 05-16-2005, 04:45 PM   #3  

Thanks MrsJim. Guess my warning bells are getting stronger. I'd rather spend my money on something that really matters, like jewlery and clothes ...

Oh, yeah, and personal training session ...
Closed Thread