Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 10:27 AM   #1  

Default Anyone wear Slimming Shapers

Hello. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding on the 25th and my dress doesn't fit. They ordered my dress in January but I guess I went up a size because at the dress fitting in July it couldn't be zipped up. The seamstress said she'd take the sides out. I went back at the end of August and it zips but it's super tight. I don't know if I can sit down in it. The seamstress said there was nothing she could and that I should try drinking water for a month. Well of course I'm not going to be drinking water for a month. I've been goingto Curves for 3 months but haven't lost any weight yet. Slimming Shapers is some new girdle that I guess was on an info-mercical and now can be bought out of some catalogues. I ordered one since the wedding is next Saturday. but I was wondering if anyone else had tried and if it helped at all. Like I said, the dress zips up but it's so tight you can see every little roll on my body and it pushes the fat up. It's not pretty. I'm really stressing because I'm scared that I won't be able to even get the dress zipped next week. Thanks everyone.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:37 PM   #2  
it's always something

I've not tried them, but I don't think they would be any better than a regular girdle. You might check your local shops for a very good "all in one" type girdle, and ask the sales person to help you.

What type of diet have you been on? The South Beach Diet promises up to 13 pounds lost in the first 2 weeks, which is a carb restricted phase of the diet. Most of this is water weight. If you've been following a carb restricted diet already, then you probably won't see anywhere near this much weight (water) loss. Otherwise, it could be to your advantage to do this, even if it's just until your wedding. Also, keep drinking plenty of water, so your kidneys can flush out any excess water weight.

Congratulations!!
Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would agree with Suzanne, try finding a girdle in the store that'll help you out. I would also recommend just watching your food very closely until the wedding. I was on a low carb plan before I switched to South Beach Diet and I still lost 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks.

Basically, the first 2 weeks are eating lean meats and veggies, with some dairy and legumes. You could also try adding in some extra exercise, perhaps some walking?
Old 09-20-2004, 03:50 PM   #4  

Default body slimmers

Hi!

I was a bride recently, and searched the world over for a body girdle. The best one I found was at Victoria's Secret. Actually, they had to special order it for me...it cost around $60, but it was worth it.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:30 PM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

for weddings, I think it's worth it to invest in a real custom made corset...I have one, it cost 300$ but is worth every penny for the hourglass shape it gives me.
Closed Thread