Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 12:36 AM   #1  
Oreos and NutterButters

Thumbs down Metabolife Caffeine Free and other failures

Hi everyone. First post here.

I thought I'd start with Metabolifes Caffeine free because it's so new and noone has posted anything about it.

Third day on it, only taking one half and I am MORE hungry than usual because I am weak. When I get weak and fatigue I crave sugar. I ate Mom's spagetti and it was delicious, but I felt SO SICK after. How did I feel better? When I chowed down an eskimo pie. Last night same thing. Ate a Lean Cuisine with Metabolife (1 half, they say take 2) and I felt so sluggish I needed a bag of oreos to make me feel normal again.

I have been taking Chromium Picalante for 2 mos. NOT A POUND LOST I also have tried Dexatrim, Puralin, and Milk Thistle, Kelp, and 5htp. NOT A POUND LOST. I was 16 in ER from Puralin. Did nothing. Did the apple cider thing, heartburn, burned my insides . . . did the grapefruit thing, what a joke.... Green Tea thing made me pee, big deal, water weight . . .

The ONLY way I ever reached my goal weight of 130-135 is by lowering my caloric intake by half and exercising. I reach that goal twice a year than I ballon right back up to 150 again. Why? because when I reach my ideal weight I chow down the doughnuts again in the middle of the night. The only thing that has worked for this 5' 2" 20 yr old is exercise, small portions, and slim fast choclate shakes.

The reason why I am writing is because after reading some 3fc posts I have decided to return the metabolife caffeine free garbage, get off my lazy *** and do what i know works best. The mods on this site are anti-pill and I think I know why!!!! 2 mos on Chromium and nothing....... what does that say!!
Old 09-10-2004, 04:05 AM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, welcome to 3FC!

Thanks for sharing your experience! You are so right, it's all about reducing overall calories and burning more by exercising. There are still so many useless weight loss supplements out there, and everyone knows they are a sham, they'll stay in business. Look at the Chromium -- it's still sold everywhere as a weight loss supplement, when it's been clinically proven NOT to affect weight loss at all! Supplement makers are not required to prove claims like this, and when they do provide "results of studies" they are usually inaccurate, based on false claims. It really is Buyer Beware!

Metabolife Caffeine free also contains chromium, but includes another popular weight loss supplement that has been proven not to work: Garcinia. Also known as CitriMax, this item has been claimed to reduce appetite, burn fat, or prevent the formation of fat. An extensive study by JAMA concluded: Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo. According to Berkeley Wellness: no one knows if HCA has any long-term adverse effects; some animal research found that it's toxic. It may be combined with other diet compounds, and the safety of such products�witch's brews of herbs and chemicals�is certainly questionable. The PDR for Nutritional Supplements states that pregnant or nursing mothers, and those with dementia syndromes such as Alzheimer's disease should avoid HCA. They also state that those with diabetes should be cautious with it.

Bet you won't find all that on their labels
Old 09-10-2004, 04:59 PM   #3  

I think we all know how we gain weight and we know how to lose it. It 's hard and when we see these Amazing diet pills we all want to jump in and try them but really......if any of them worked we would all be skinny minies!!!! Exercise more and eat less! Who doesnt like to eat? I do! I am learning the "moderation" thing. It has always been hard for me. I am like you kitty I dont have a problem losing the weight its KEEPING IT OFF!! Good luck to you!!!
Closed Thread