Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default IF and low carb combo

I had a lot of trouble sticking to low carb. Definitely I was not eating enough fat to stay satisfied, but I will also say that finding out that I had coeliac disease and getting off gluten has save my life. I now get so sick from baked goods, even though I miss them and am as tempted as ever, I simply can't eat stuff without getting horribly sick, so it doesn't happen anymore.
Along with that, I have embraced IF (intermittent fasting) I "normally" eat 2MAD (two meals a day) within an 8 hour window. I also occasionally fast for 24-36 hours.
If you are interested read "the Obesity code" or "the Diabetes code" for more info.
After years in minimal success with WW, Curves, Atkins etc. I have found the code. I am down 40 pounds. I am no longer pre-diabetic. I am overweight still but not obese. My health has improved so much.
I am able to stick to this WOE (way of eating) .
I do agree that success can come in a variety of ways but being able to stick to what you are doing is the key.
I thank EagleRiver for directing me this way.
No, not all my problems are solved, my life is not perfect, but it sure is better.

fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
I had a lot of trouble sticking to low carb. Definitely I was not eating enough fat to stay satisfied, but I will also say that finding out that I had celiac disease and getting off gluten has save my life. I now get so sick from baked goods, even though I miss them and am as tempted as ever, I simply can't eat stuff without getting horribly sick, so it doesn't happen anymore.
Along with that, I have embraced IF (intermittent fasting) I "normally" eat 2MAD (two meals a day) within an 8 hour window. I also occasionally fast for 24-36 hours.
If you are interested read "the Obesity code" or "the Diabetes code" for more info.
After years in minimal success with WW, Curves, Atkins etc. I have found the code. I am down 40 pounds. I am no longer pre-diabetic. I am overweight still but not obese. My health has improved so much.
I am able to stick to this WOE (way of eating) .
I do agree that success can come in a variety of ways but being able to stick to what you are doing is the key.
I thank EagleRiver for directing me this way.
No, not all my problems are solved, my life is not perfect, but it sure is better.
Hi fatmad! I loved reading your post and am so happy low carb and IF work for you. I’ve read Obesity Code and several low carb books. I’m a huge Dr Jason Fung fan and he is well known among low carb-ers.

Celiac is so serious and requires such a strict way of eating, you were well practiced at healthy eating. And it is a “practice”.

I wish you all the best in your continued journey.
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:17 AM   #3  

HI FatMad!
I started following Dr. Fung's plan (also 16:8, 2 meals a day) on dec 12.
I'm 55 and a WW Lifetime member ("in Remission") and I've try low carb diets, but
nothing was worknig for me. I'm now down 10 pounds (I'd love to lose 5-15 more).
I loved the Obesity Code, but wish there were clearer guidelines regarding what to eat.
I was wondering if there are any other sources regarding the carbs that he allows.
I eat sweet potato, legumes and winter squash in moderation. I tried lentil pasta
and gained weight (too processed?).
Any advice for a relative newbie?
Thanks!
pjblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:31 AM   #4  
This statement is false

S/C/G: 378/298/220

Height: 6'1"

I echo this as I have just dipped my toe into IF (23 fast, 1 hour feast window) while on Atkins 20 and there's a dearth of information out there it appears.

Would the books you recommend be good for someone with such a carb restriction - or are they more for after you're closer to your goal weight?
Jinxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Jinx, I am jumping in here to comment. Dr Fung mostly recommends low carb but says that fasting can be done with any diet. It's the period of time with no food intake that performs the magic. I also recommend any of Dr Fungs books.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote