Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 02:36 PM   #1  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Default Trimspa?

Hi all.
I have a question about Trimspa... does it really work? Now two people I know have been on it, one who was seriously overweight, she first was prescribed phenphen by her dr.. and then with the risks in that she stopped it but she lost a lot of weight.. and then she started taking the trimspa and she works out for maybe an hour+ a day and its amazing how much weight shes lost!! and another person i know said she was taking it and with working out shes lost 12lbs already and i saw her and she really does look great. So im just wondering if these things help burn fat.. (of course along with balanced diet and exercise) thanks!
Old 09-18-2003, 02:41 PM   #2  

I'm wondering the same thing
I saw the ad saying Anna Nicole lost weight on it so it can't be all bad right?
Anybody know anything about this stuff?
Old 09-18-2003, 03:38 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Talking Dr. Anna Nicole Smith???

Well, I was going to say that TrimSpa is your basic diet pill crap that doesn't work, but now that I know that Anna Nicole Smith is promoting it...

Actually this topic has come up quite a lot:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...hlight=Trimspa

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=26082

I've probably said this about a hundred million times but I'll say it again...

Diet pills don't work
Diet pills don't work
and oh yeah...
save your money

Incidentally...I wonder how much compensation ol' Anna Nicole got for her 'endorsement' of TrimSpa anyway? (I believe she's still waiting for her big golddigger payoff... )
Old 10-14-2003, 04:11 PM   #4  

I have been using Trim Spa for 4 days now, and just been watching what I eat, no excerzise, and have dropped 3lb so far...weather it keeps working or not is another question. I havent had jitters or anything, so far so good.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:53 PM   #5  
Searching

Anna Nicole should quit eating the Big Macs and drinking Cokes, and maybe a little excercise. GEE girl we all watch why your fat. Oh and alcohol doesn't help.

Miss Chris

Last edited by rochemist; 10-14-2003 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:56 PM   #6  

I have had a hard time deciding what to take. I really need something to give me an energy boost. I took hydroxycut about 2 years ago and it really helped me. It didn't give the jitters and it really helped get over a stagnant point in my weight loss. Now that they have taken the ephedra out I don't know if it will work as well so I am shopping around for something that might help me out. Post back here if it continues to give you good results

Jenny
Old 10-15-2003, 04:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I've tried a bottle of it (after hearing about it everyday on Howard Stern). Its similar to the others, metabolife, xenadrine. Makes you shaky, you do decrease your appetite. But it also made me kind of sick to my stomach. There are other ephedra free versions I havent tried. Although I did try the ephedra free Xenadrine, which did nothing for me. I now eat low carb, that controls my appetite and gives me energy. Hope this helps.
Barb
Old 10-16-2003, 10:59 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

I was using ******** for a while, I didn't do the fast, but I used the supplements and the aloe vera juice and the shakes, it really helped. I stopped the shakes when I went on SBD, but I do notice a increase in weight control and loss when I am taking the aloe juice and the supplements. It is also healthier than the xenadrine type stuff.

rb
Old 10-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #9  

Wink

I bought TrimSpa (ephedra-free) and have been using it the last 10 days. With changes in my diet and addition of exercise, I've lost 12 lbs. so far. Anyways, in my opinion, here's the good and the bad about TrimSpa -- GOOD: it does not make me shaky -- BAD: it DOES curb my cravings/appetite BUT only for a very SHORT amount of time (the effects wore off in about 1 to 1-1/2 hours after taking it), and it's expensive.

Although I feel this product may have helped me "a little", I will NOT buy it again.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Sincerely,
Kelly
Old 11-05-2003, 12:03 PM   #10  

Question Trimspa

Well, I too say the ad with anna nicole and thought "If she could lose weight using this than I sure as **** can!" I did use hydoxycut last year and did lose weight and did not feel jiddery but it was expensive ($40 a bottle)

I think I will give this a shot.

Mel
Old 11-08-2003, 09:09 PM   #11  
Coop class of '82

I bought a copy of that intellectual tome that no-one should be without, STAR magazine today because it had an article on Anna Nicole's weight loss. I immediately went and bought some TrimSpa X-32. I figure if she can do it, I can do it. The fact that she is being paid for it is really beside the point because you still have to WANT to lose the weight and WORK at it. If there's something that can help with the appetite, all the better I say. A lot of us like "crutches" too
Old 11-09-2003, 11:05 AM   #12  
Searching

Exclamation I always thought this was perfect

Quote:
Originally posted by jackslady
Ladies and gentlemen, I was looking at a lot of these threads dealing with this program or that pill. Be beware that pills like ALL things that suppress appetite do not get at the real problem of weight loss, neither does starving oneself, or exercising yourself to death, unrealistic expectations or hopes and dreams of the miracle diet. As for pills, unless you are willing to ingest this stuff forever, you better be willing to gain the weight back. I lost 100 lbs and gained it back when I went off stuff because I hadn't learned what was making me fat in the first place. I had bought ever diet, shake, drink, plan, "miracle" just like you and never succeeded. Just do me a favor and take a good hard look at why you overeat and change that. You would be surprised how much you can accomplish on your own and be much more proud when you do it. Understand, I am NOT bashing anyone for anything they spend their money on, I am just saying weight loss has to do more with the brain than anything else and pills and miracles cures unfortunately won't fix eating problems you haven't dealt with. I am morbidly obese, have been on an exercise program and 1600 cal eating for a month and have lost nearly 30 lbs. Why? Because I am breaking the cycle of what is bad for me. No more soft drinks, not trigger eating ie when angry or sad or reading or watching tv, eating real food like everyone else etc. I am happier than I have ever been and am well on the way to losing it all once and for all. I am NOT dieting, I am choosing to change my eating habits for the rest of my life so that I don't have to contine to go through this. Everyone can do this no matter what their size. I have heard excuses that you can't afford it because buying foods you need are so expensive. Then where did you get the $100 to buy Harry Houdini's Magic Miracle diet? My wish is that just one person out there can look at themselves and realize they can do this without interference from anyone else!!!!!

Much success to you all!
Donna
Old 11-09-2003, 12:01 PM   #13  
Uber-Moderator!!

Amen to that, Rochemist...

The thing is, Anna Nicole Smith...puhleeze...she is a HUGE yo-yo dieter. She's done this MANY TIMES before, and always come roaring back to an ever-higher weight (up to 250 pounds!), which I expect will happen again, since she apparently doesn't know how to discipline herself to keep up permanent healthy habits.

The thing that these ads and articles don't tell you is that whatever weight you lose on these pills (and IMO it's not the pills making you lose weight, but the old formula of calories in-calories out...) is NOT permanent for 99.9% of buyers. And I ask you again to think about this: isn't that really what you want? PERMANENT weight loss, however slow? Isn't it better to lose 10 pounds in a year and keep it off permanently than to lose 30 pounds in a couple of months and keep it off for a week?

The world seems to be in such a hurry these days, for INSTANT and MIRACLE results. Check out this article by Michael Fumento that I've also posted at the Ladies who Lift forum...
Quote:
Get Thin Slowly

...certainly it's better to stay down [in weight] once you're down. And apparently one "secret" to doing this is to go down slowly.

Wayne Callaway, M.D., notes that marketing studies conducted by one weight-loss organization found that, when dieting, most woment expect to lose between 2-3 pounds a week and most men expect between 3-5 pounds a week. If this expectation is unmet, dieters will discontinue the program by the 3rd week. Not for nothing do you hear slogans like Slim-Fast's "Give us a week and we'll take off the weight".

"To remain financially successful, commercial operations try to meet this expectation, even when they know that most of the early weight loss is from water and that a water retention cycle will eventually follow," says Callaway. "Virtually all the experts - from the Surgeon General to well-respected popular health and nutrition writers such as Jane Brody...agree that diets designed to meet these expectations always fail over the long term."

Remember that virtually any diet can cause you to lose weight; the real problem is keeping it off. With that in mind, choose a regimen that emphasizes not speed but permanency. While one often hears that no more than 2 pounds a week should be lost, it appears even this is toomuch for most people who are not extremely obese. (Obviously, the fatter you are, the less of an overall percentage of your fat 2 pounds is. So with some people, 2 or even 3 pounds might be OK.)

George Blackburn, MD, chief of surgical nutrition at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, is considered one of the nation's foremost authorities on weight loss. He suggests that you begin by aiming to lose no more than 10% of body weight at the rate of no more than a pound a week. Only after maintaining that loss for 6 months and recieving permission from your physician, he says, should you attempt to take off another 10%.

In my case, after I began writing this book I initially lost 14% of my weight, which struck me as a good goal since it brought me to the weight that I was at when I joined the army at age 18. So I went a bit overboard, perhaps, but not by too much. In any case, it brought me down to a good, healthy weight. Then I went conservative and held that weight not for 6 months but for a whole year before trying to drop more. Then I said, "Congratulations, you did it. Now it's time to try and reach your ultimate goal, which is to be not only healthily slim but downright athletic." I'm not advising that for all my readers. But this was what I wanted for myself and I did it.

The main reason to aim for slow weight loss is because you are seeking to permanently change your eating habits. The calorie deficit you create should be close to what will be your permanent calorie level and certainly no lower than 1,200 to 1,300 calories. The further you go below this, the more likely you are to suffer from hunger - and nothing defeats a weight-loss regimen more quickly than hunger.

Another big advantage of slighter reductions in calories is that evidence indicates you may lose somewhat less muscle this way than with sharper calorie restrictions...

Very low-calorie diets may be necessary for those few cases where people need to lose a lot of weight quickly because of serious health problems, such as the need for surgery. Other than this, I believe they have little going for them - though all too many doctors continue to recommend them to patients. Studies comparing the two types of weight loss regimens have found that you definitely get more bang for the buck with less caloric restriction. That is, you lose more fat off your body per calories reduced with milder restriction. Consider severe energy restriction as a jackhammer while lesser restriction is more like a hammer and chisel. You can break up rock more quickly with the jackhammer, but more to your liking with the delicate instruments.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:55 PM   #14  

Well, to me that sounds a lot like Weight Watchers. I'm so glad I joined.
Closed Thread