Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 09:21 AM   #1  
Momma Frog

Default Anne Collins diet?

Has anyone heard of the Anne Collins diet? The info surrounding the diet is located
http://www.annecollins.com/
But you actually have to pay for the diet. Has anyone tried this method?
Old 09-25-2002, 11:15 AM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Who is she anyway? No credentials on the website...just 'comments' from people who supposedly used her plan...first names only of course. No before and after photos...

This comment REALLY disturbs me if it is even true:

Quote:
I started your plan just over a week ago, weight last Tuesday was 236 pounds. This morning was a shock, my weight today is 210 pounds!!! This is a terrific flying start! So I shall raise my glass to you tonight!
Hm. So in a little over a week, this person supposedly lost 26 pounds??? 9% of her total body weight?

Personally, I'd stay away from this...flashy websites and 'too good to be true' testimonals should make the red light go off immediately...

And I'd be willing to bet that you can find the exact same diet (apparently it's high-carb, moderate-protein, low-fat) in your local library...as a famous writer said "There is nothing new under the sun"...
Old 09-26-2002, 01:00 PM   #3  

When are we going to learn that only eating less and exercising will help us with weight loss? I've been scammed too many times to count thinking maybe they know something I don't. Or that they have some kind of miracle. Well their miracles have gotten me 50 extra pounds and low self esteem. I refuse to start anymore "quick fixes" because I know it will only put on more weight in the long run. It's a shame that people hurt those of us that are so desperate to lose the weight. They get richer and we get more pounds put on. I say find a program that your comfortable with and that can live with the rest of your life. We all can do this if we just keep our eye on our own personal goal. I know I'm going to this time. This time I won't stray.
Old 10-01-2002, 10:23 AM   #4  

Never heard of that diet, and I thought I have heard them all. :cherry: They say the sensible way to lose weight is 2 lbs. a week. But thanks for the input about the Anne Collins diet.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:02 PM   #5  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

NEVER FEAR.....If there is a diet out there to be had...I've got it!!!

I have a copy of each of her plans..Being IRISH , she promotes a lot of potatoes..and CABBAGE
Actually, her plan is very down to earth and makes sense..it's your typical low fat diet. She has one for US, ENGLAND, IRELAND,
& VEGETARIAN. For $12, it's well worth it because you have access to all of the plans with MENUS!!!

Once you buy, you will have access to Anne's personal email, and she is johnnie on the spot to answer your questions.

It's not a jip , so try it...you'll like it...

I follow SUGAR BUSTERS, but get a lot of ideas from the plans.

Hope this helps...

BOB
Old 10-05-2002, 01:45 PM   #6  
Mooz

If you go to http://www.************.com/annecollins.html
you will find Diet Information and Reviews on different diets including The Anne Collins Diet. Hope this helps.

Old 10-21-2002, 12:14 PM   #7  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

I did try her free quickstart Souper Soup. I had lost 9 lbs on my own 1200cal/16g fat diet over 21 days. Then I used her soup diet for the 7 days she recommends. I love the soup - I love fruit and veggies and knew I could easily do the week on her plan. Banana day was fun - I ate 7 bananas that day and a couple bowls of soup. On Meat day - I had a pound of shrimp! LOL Used a little salsa for dunking them in. Ate out on Meat&Veggie day - ordered steak/shrimp/chicken fajitas at Ground Round and gave away my sour cream/cheese/fried tortilla bowl and brought the wraps home to my dogs.

I bought everything the week before so I had no excuses for changing ANYTHING! I used the week to finish my caffeine withdrawal - down from 12 diet colas a day to zero. Tried brown rice for the first time - and found I liked it.

Lost 5 pounds that week. Never hungry - wasn't doing anything weird or harmful - just mixing up a week's worth of food into a new pattern. The rules - no bread, alcohol or caffeine. I *like* all you can eat days and that's what the plan calls for.

Anne is also very encouraging and has sensible answers to diet/fitness questions on her board.

I have an online buddy who tried this at the same time and didn't make it two days - she doesn't like fruits and veggies - so make sure it's going to be fun for you!
Old 10-26-2002, 01:57 AM   #8  

RUSTY

I have the complete ANNE COLLINS program, and there is nothing in it about SOUPER SOUP

Are you sure you have the right program?

BOB
Old 10-26-2002, 10:21 AM   #9  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Rusty's most embarrassing moment:

Nevermind. You're right, BOB! Lillie Ross/Anne Collins/Lena Horne.

I always get them confused. Actually I read Anne's board very often and just blanked, I guess.

Diet = Memory Loss?

This is the Lillie Ross Souper Soup and she sends out tips 5 days a week to your email, too.

http://www.dollardiet.com/
Old 10-27-2002, 12:24 AM   #10  

RUSTY...

Just remember...it's the mind that goes first!!! Mine already came and went

I'll check out that link...

BOB
Old 11-13-2002, 11:08 PM   #11  
Velvet Goddess

S/C/G: 297/250/126

Height: 5'6"

The Anne Collins diet sounds really great. I like her attitude about food. I think the major cause of weight gain in America is the fact that we are obsessed with being thing, and then we starve ourselves, then we binge. It's a viscious cycle. Don't even get me started on the huge portions at restaurants. I mean really, do we need to eat a 1 pound hamburger with all the fixin's? So I might just check her out. As for that person who lost 26 lbs. in one week, thats impossible unless she weighed like 700+ lbs. to begin with. That person may have been padding the truth a bit, LOL!
Closed Thread