Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 01:43 PM   #1  

Default Pound A Patch, anyone tried it?

Pound A Patch, anyone tried it?

http://www.poundapatch.com/

I know that there is no "Quick Fix", but I really need something to suppress my appetite safely. It claims, NO ephedreine, ma huang, caffeine.

Yes, I exercise, lift weights, treadmill, drink tons of water, etc. and it makes me HUNGRY!!!

ANY suggestions for an appetite suppressor. Please, I Don't need preaching. I need to lose 95 lbs. and I'm tired of yo-yoing.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:26 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Short answer...it's a scam. Save your money.

There have been countless so-called 'weight-loss patch' scams marketed on the Net...

http://www.dietfraud.com/action_patch.html

Check out the above link.

Nicotine patches are one thing - they might work (I don't know as I'm not a smoker - I have no idea of the success rate of those) but weight loss patches are SCAMS, pure and simple.

Good luck...
Old 02-17-2003, 02:58 PM   #3  

Yes, tried it 2 mos ago, did not work at all and I sent back the remaining 2 patches and they are going to give me a refund. Also, the patches fell off in the shower even when I had taped it down with surgical tape.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:20 PM   #4  

What are you eating - hunger and cravings are 2 different things. You may not be eating properly. Too many carbs will make you hungry. Are you having a little protein or fat with each meal or snack? It makes a big difference.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:30 AM   #5  
Coop class of '82

I tried these also, they did nothing for my appetite. Too bad huh, they sound like a great idea. You'd think they could come up with something like this that works if they can make nicotine and birth control patches... Hurry and send them back before the guarantee time limit is up and they'll refund your money, at least they did mine.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:06 AM   #6  

I guess I'm the oddball here since they actually helped me. I felt extra energy and had less cravings for the month I took them. Unfortunately, they are very pricy and I haven't reordered anymore.
Toodles,
Denise
Old 04-12-2003, 01:05 PM   #7  

I would be careful about anything with ma huang in it; it's been known to cause all kinds of problems, one being severe diaharrea. Nevertheless, I done some research on some of these new 'weight loss products' and I haven't seen much positive feedback on the patches. As MrsJim says, save your money.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:09 PM   #8  

I have never tried diet pills, or anything, always afraid that it'll do something to me that I don't want. My friend who is extremely health conscious introduced a patch to me. However, I was still very leary, when it comes to these types of things. I don't like to put anything in my body where I don't know where each and every ingredient came from and more over, how to pronounce it!

I have thoroughly reserched the Jen Fen patch before purchasing a one months supply two months ago. Wow. It really helped me. The patch I used doesn't have an ma heung in it.

I would just like to say, that I did not use these as a "miracle" diet, but in addition to a healthy diet and excercise. Because it has curbed my cravings, I have no interest (and I was a super chocoholic) in chocolate what-so-ever. I prefer natural sweets like honey. But if anyone has read my journal recently, you'll know I fell off the bandwagon Easter Sunday and am paying for it today with sugar shock. OY.
Closed Thread