Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

I wear flexees shapewear because I can find it at my local Walmart, lol.. but flexees has been around for years I believe and they do work let me tell ya. Sucks it all right in.
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

@ RoseRodent~

I remember reading something about those really tight, lace-up corsets they wore back in the 1800's (like in Gone with the Wind) and it said that when they wore these for years, it actually affected the shape of the bone structure...much like altering a bonsai tree.....or binding of the feet in China long ago.
Is this true and would these have been permanent changes? Since it apparently affected what sort of position or contortion the bones actually grew into?

I'm wondering if what your body shape is can have a large effect on how well the body shapers, like spanx, work for you. I would imagine that there are certain body shapes that would cause almost a worse bulge somewhere else. The compressed stuff has to (be pushed into) show up SOMEWHERE, doesn't it?

I hate wearing anything constricting, including any sort of body shaper, nylon stockings, etc....in fact, hate wearing shoes also. I probably should have been born in the jungle, just wearing only some sort of a piece of skin/fur over the critical areas.

In fact, thinking back, the fatter I was, the more and more I couldn't stand being in anything constricting and would have preferred to just live in sweats and lounge-wear (which I changed into whenever I was home...which was a good bit of the time....hiding). I can't even imagine me wearing the body shapers back when I was 65 lbs. heavier.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Anybody ever have fat that retains shape from spilling out of the underarm portion of the bra? It seems to me that the fat has been pushed there by the bra. I could be wrong but when I was reading these posts they seemed to confirm what I have long suspected that restrictive garments can push fat out of the way but doesn't get rid of it.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

After reading this thread I bought a squeem. I wear a sports bra to bed because I want to prevent my breasts from having loose skin pulling at them and making it worse. I am a very large apple and wanted something similar to prevent more damage then necessary for my stomach.

I loved the squeem. It greatly improved my posture and also while wearing it I used muscles long since forgotten. I feel by using those muscles it pulled everything tighter. I do think it helped with the sag also.

However, I wish it was longer. I feel it is made for short waisted people. It did roll down and after 3 weeks it tore. Amazon gave me a full refund.

I do plan on buying another.

I understand exercise... Just wanted to share my experience for those interested.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote