Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/238/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hydroxycut Acai

I've been slowly using the Acai Hydroxycut. I'm not taking the recommended because I'm afraid of how it'll work on my body, but does anyone have any good reviews about it?
soxmanyxemotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I try to stay away from anything with acai, I don't think a berry will change my life. I've also got a virus from one of those acai berry pill websites.

I took hydroxy cut for a few days in the past, I noticed a slight increase in energy with my work outs, but that was it. After the product got recalled for being unsafe I stopped taking it.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I have used different diet pills, including Hydroxycut and others, both before and after ephedra was banned. I never liked the way they made me feel. I should also mention that I am not affected at all by caffeine. I can drink 2 cups and caffeinated coffee and go right to sleep. I've always been like this.
Anyway, I didn't like how the diet pills made me feel, all jitters and dry mouth and I never found they helped that much. If you read the literature with them, they all tell you to follow a strict diet and to exercise. Isn't that what you normally do to lose weight? I also never found that they gave me added energy to exercise. They actually made me feel like crap.
Everybody is different, but in general I this that diet pills are a bad idea.
mom with issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/238/140

Height: 5'5"

I think if you're relying solely on diet pills, it is a HORRIBLE idea. But if you need a little help to get yourself energized and motivated but you're not over using them, why not?
soxmanyxemotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I think if you're relying solely on diet pills, it is a HORRIBLE idea. But if you need a little help to get yourself energized and motivated but you're not over using them, why not?
I operate from a "minimal intervention" perspective.

That is to say, if I can get the results I want without pills, and if those pills are both expensive and possibly dangerous (or at least poorly studied), my preference is to do the HEALTHY things I can do for free and skip the supplements.

Just my 2 cents.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote