Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #1  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default Green Tea? for diet support?

Anyone have any luck with Green tea helping them lose weight?
a friend brought mea bunch from china and she swears if i drink it, i will losemore weight?

any reviews? LOL
Thanks
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #2  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Green tea can slightly boost your metabolism to accelerate weight loss. I doubt green tea alone would allow you to lose weight, but with a weight loss plan already in place, green tea would probably give you a small boost.

For the past year I've been drinking 2-3 cups of green tea a day (mainly because it's healthier than soda and there is only so many glasses of water I can drink before I go insane, lol). I've lost a bit over 100lbs I'm not sure if the green tea boosted my metabolism, but drinking it is healthy option and if it helps weight loss that's an added benefit!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #3  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

thank you Gracie, I appreciate it!
Congrats on the 100 pounds also!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I'm also not sure if green tea is really that much of a metabolism booster, but I do think it's a great replacement for sodas, and a nice change from water! Go for it. I'm sure it won't hinder you, at least...and it tastes good!
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #5  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

This is an absolute yes. It's clinically proven (in supplement form, vs. placebo) to (slightly) raise metabolism -- and has a higher effect than caffeine can account for.

Also helps reduce hunger cravings and it's a tasty alternative to sweet beverages. All-around win
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

I don't like green tea, so I take green tea extract pills.

And by extract, it means "will extract all the food from your body".

I lost 9 pounds the first week, because I couldn't get off the pot! (sorry if tmi)

I still take them religiously because it really is good for your health and mine.
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

redreine - What are in those pills? Be careful because it sounds like the pills are a laxative and your body can actually become addicted to laxatives in such of a way that it would NEED them to go.

As far as green tea in pills, from what I've read, you can't get the same antioxidants in the pills as you would from drinking green tea. Don't like green tea? How about white tea? black tea? Both have antioxidants. Don't like tea? Then look at other high antioxidant foods like blueberries.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #8  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

My green tea pills definitely don't work as a laxative... they are a diuretic though (as is green tea itself...)

One thing: they're a blood thinner (like ibuprofen and aspirin), so I have to stop taking them after today so I can go under the knife in a week. Metabolic withdrawal during Christmas is going to be awful.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #9  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I have drank an average of 4 cups of green tea daily for more than 10 years (because I like it) and during that time always weighed over 250. So if there is any affect on weight, my experience would show it to be pretty negligible.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #10  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I drink a lot of green tea - maybe 2-3 cups a day - I don't know if its helped in my weight loss as a metabolism booster, but it definately helps as a diuretic, as well as giving me something low-calorie (other than water) to put in my system.

Celestial seasonings makes a green tea cut with white tea that isn't too abrasive, if you don't like the taste of regular green tea.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

I have been taking these pills for almost a year, and all it really does is help me have healthy bowel movements.

The first time I took it, I lost weight, but haven't since then. I take them on a semi-regular basis, but do forget sometimes, so I doubt I have any sort of addiction.

The other ingredients aside from green tea extract are:
Maltodextrin
Gelatin
Calcium Sulfate
Vegetable Magnesium Stearate
Silica
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #12  
it's always something

The only real study ever done on green tea and weight loss showed if you drink 4 cups of green tea every single day, you might lose up to 8 pounds in a year. Also, this must be real green tea, as supplements (including extracts)have not shown to be effective and are questionable as an antioxidant as well. Apparently the body doesn't metabolize them as well as the real deal. Freshness of the green tea matters as well. If your box of tea has been sitting in your cabinet (or at the grocer or the warehouse before it) for longer than 6 months, you'll gain much less antioxidant benefit. You might consider buying green tea from sites like Adagio that turn it over quicker and offer higher quality leaves.

A lot of members here drink green tea regularly for the antioxidant benefits and many have commented that it did not help in weight loss at all. However, a lot of members have said that they often reach for a cup of green tea instead of something with calories, so it helps in that respect
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I have always drank green tea over the past few years, and in these years my weight has increased. Without proper diet green tea is so magic cure. However, It is full of antioxidants, tastes delicious (to me anyway), and goes well with food. So for me green tea doesn't seem to do much, but I feel that if I am dieting it gives me some confidence when I drink green tea that maybe just maybe it does help. Oh and it shouldn't be making you go to the bathroom so much like a commenter said above. I wonder if that is another ingredient in the pills or from something else?
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #14  

Location: Charlotte, NC;--------------------------------------------> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=847659493

S/C/G: 237.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6''

i bought green tea in costco. i make it every evening as i wind down for the day.
princesslisa88 is offline   Reply With Quote