Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #31  
Male, 27, Boston MA

S/C/G: 236/214/190

Height: 5 foot 10 inches

I started doing a Jillian Michaels routine before I switched to P90X.

I actually enjoyed it I just wanted something a little more intense.

In reality any cardio program will work as long as your diet is in check.
DeJNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 278/257/165

Height: 5' 8"

I was seriously turned off by her manic and abusive behavior on Biggest Loser a couple years ago already.

When I saw her pitching these pills it just confirmed my opinion about her. Forget it!

MissNibs
MissNibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #33  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I have to say I did the 14 day cleanse and burn and I lost probably 5 pounds off of it and it's still off. That's also on a semi healthy diet and some excersis though. Pills aren't magical and I wanted to try them out. I didn't mind it. But would I buy them again? Naw It was just an experiment thing. I do love her video's though and think those work.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #34  

I agree with MissNibs. When I saw a video of her helping some people I couldn't believe it. They were sobbing. I don't think they could stick with that kind of thing for life.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #35  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

I just started the 30 day shred, never been so sore in my life!!!! But I'm mad at her for promoting pills!!! She use to kind of be a hero...
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #36  
Aye Carumba!

I was always amused at her abusive attitude and how quickly the contestants began to crave being abused by her. I never once believed she knew anything about diet and nutrition, and this was confirmed when she told a contestant to increase her salt intake to shed pounds. She has her shtick, the poor schmucks on that show fall for it, but she is essentially a poser.

The dummies on that show sign NDA's but a few have come out with tales of urinating blood from dehydration and laxative abuse. The people on that show are in reality, weight loss stunt performers.

I'd post a link to the story regarding the seizures, 911 calls, fainting and other things that go on behind the scenes at The Biggest Loser but I can't until I have 25 posts.
Ricky Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

I don't feel the least bit sorry for anyone sobbing on TBL, or even getting yelled at by Jillian.

I want to be on that show and I want Jillian to bust my a**. Everyone knows what they're getting into with this show and Jillian when they apply. You wouldn't need the show if you hadn't put yourself in that position in the first place.

It drives me crazy to see these people whining and wanting to quit as soon as it gets tough. **** yeah exercise is going to be tougher than watching soap operas and eating a gallon of ice cream!

As for the pills? That sucks. I wish she wasn't a pill pusher, especially since I highly doubt she's a pill popper, but again, we're all adults and we can make our own informed decisions. Quit blaming celebrities, and take responsibility for your own decisions.
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #38  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Her videos...

Her books...

Wii game...needs some serious improvement. The interface is screwy with the remote and board. Hope they fix it in 2011.

Pills...eh, no personal experience so I'm no help there.

Last edited by JMfan; 07-14-2010 at 09:33 PM.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #39  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

I'm in the middle of the 30 day shred, and I can tell you that works. Pills, stuff like that -I don't know. But you will work your butt off in that video
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 330/297/165

Height: 5'7

I have the30 day shred and have never tried it. A 300 lbs, I am worried i wold hurt myself. I don't like that she is hawking pills and other crap either. I am not a big fan of hers but an awful lot of peple look up to her and think "it must work and it must be ok for me if Jillian says it is".
I think it is irresponsible on her part.
jilly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #41  

Height: 5'5"

I just got home from Walmart, where I was looking for protein powder. The only one that didn't have a ton of carbs was hers, so I bought some. Anybody else tried it? I have been using Wonderslim shakes, which I love, but was getting tired of having to do it all mail order and wait so long.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 212/207.2/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilette31 View Post
Do the pill bottles scream at you and call you names while you work out too?? hehehehe
Haha that is hilarious....but I'm not motivated by being yelled at....
mxochihua is offline   Reply With Quote