Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #16  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I took the apple cider vinegar pills a few years ago. I felt better while I was on it, and at the time I was constipated a great deal and it cured that problem. However, I did not lose weight.
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #17  
Yes We Can ~Obama

I take two apple cider vinegar capsules three times a day to keep my gallbladder in check. It helps to soften and even disolve gallstones therefore making them easier to pass naturally.
InnerChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #18  
Empress/Queen

Lol, I just drank some because my grandmother always drank it on New Year's!

I like the taste.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 210.6/198.6/160

Height: 5'8"

i tried drinking it and about puked lol.... tried the pills but didn't notice any difference ?
Joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:16 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 76.2/76/58kg

Height: 5ft6/1.67m

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but could someone let me know how I could use apple cider vinegar in cooking? I've never used vinegar in cooking, and now I have a whole bottle
tiggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy123 View Post
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but could someone let me know how I could use apple cider vinegar in cooking? I've never used vinegar in cooking, and now I have a whole bottle
I don't really cook much with it,but I add a very small amount to my split pea soup now and then.It might make a good salad dressing.

I do alot of cleaning with it though.I've added it to my laundry,clean my windows with it,clean the bathroom and kitchen sink faucets(makes them really shine!).

I tried drinking it and taking apple cider vinegar pills.It never did anything for me,besides make my stomach kind of blah feeling.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 230/184/140

Height: 5'4 When I stretch :)

I am a fan of apple cider vinegar because it really wakes me up in the morning, lol! I don't drink coffee anymore but this really gives me the kind of jump I need in the mornings. I also love it mixed with olive oil and a bit of honey as a salad dressing.

I have not noticed it being useful in my weight loss efforts, but your mileage may vary.
CookieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #23  
Empress/Queen

Tiggy, it's good, as Cookie Queen said, with olive oil (or you could try safflower oil also) in salad dressing or in deviled eggs or egg salad. A little bit of apple cider vinegar perks up a lot of things, especially egg dishes. It's used in a recipe I have for tofu scramble that supposedly tastes like scrambled eggs (it doesn't). It's good in potato salad made with olive or safflower oil also (not great with mayo, though).

It's also good as a mouthwash, in my opinion. I believe my dentist thinks I shouldn't use it but I think it's great, not all the time but on occasion.

Your coworkers will wonder where that vinegar smell comes from, though. Drinking it has the same effect.

Even though it's white vinegar that is used for cleaning, I've also used apple cider vinegar. Again, I just like the way it smells.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #24  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy123 View Post
I love to sprinkle a little vinegar on cooked spinach and also brussel sprouts. Yummmm. In the old days I'd put some in a mixture of mayo & sugar for a tasty coleslaw dressing. It is also great as already mentioned as a finish rinse for your hair.

Oh....and I LOVE a splash in my navy bean soup. I mean really, it's to die for!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #25  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I have some ACV also, and was downing a shot every morning, boy oh boy does that stuff burn.
I read somewhere that it should be diluted in water and add some honey if desired.
Every morning I have flax seed oil, and metamucil and once again ACV plus all my vitamins and pills, and that's all before I even have my first cup of coffee.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:17 AM   #26  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

I read this and thought...oh god. I tried this one. The taste was horrible....and such a torture to drink. I found no difference at all.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

I've used apple cider vinegar to help me feel better when I'm sick, and I use it to exfoliate my lips. Yes, it hurts. But your lips feel REALLY soft afterward.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #28  
rainy

I have used it some time ago and it didn't work at all with me...
Old 05-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #29  

Height: 5'2

I took a couple tablespoons a day for about 2 weeks ( in very thick strong tasting juice) because I thought it would help my skin, which it didn't, but I did somehow lose 4 lbs by the end..........now that I need to lose wieght it doesn't seem to be helping as much. If you do use it, brush your teeth with baking soda, or rinse with baking soda and water so the acidity doesn't ruin your teeth.
fendrgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 149/143/115

Height: 5'0"

I wanted to share my ACV experience with you all. It has been great for me and I have notice a huge difference in my energy level, skin, and possibility weight. I can't really say that it has help with my weight loss since I have been exercising and eating well. This is what I do.

Morning: 8oz of warm water & lemon juice

5 minutes after:
2 cap full of Bagg's Organic, unfiltered, Unpasteurized, ACV
4oz of R.W. Knudsen Just Cranberry Juice (it has no sugar and is really really tart)
10-12oz of cold filtered water

I started this about 2 weeks ago and like I mentioned before notice a big difference. I used have a drink coffee about twice a day. Now I have no cravings for it at all. Poor Starbucks. lol. Both my sister and my mother are doing this too and they do like it a lot.

Last edited by beingaimee; 05-09-2009 at 10:36 AM.
beingaimee is offline   Reply With Quote