Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/162/130

Height: 5'6

A few weeks back I found a CD that my mom had bought but never opened that claimed you could hypnotise your way to a healthy weight. I was curious so I listened to it once and followed the relaxation steps. I got out of it at first pretty much what I expected, it was no miracle cure, but it was very relaxing. When the cd ended I felt very relaxed and calm, and sure enough I didn't want to snack, which I usually want to do within 10 seconds of not being occupied.

The big claim that the cd made was that it would help you better control the amount of food you take in at each meal. And I will say I did actually experience this for about 2 days and then it seemed to gradually wear off. I definetly did not eat as much as usual and didn't feel deprived or hungry. Now this feels like it may be purely because of suggestion, but it does seem to have worked on me (I should add that I am not a gullible person, but I am very suggestible. if someone told me i had a headache i would get one).

I haven't used the cd again since the first time because to be honest i felt really silly lying there listening to a cd giving me advice. but it would be interesting to see if the effects would continue if you continuously used the cd. I'll look to see what it was called and let you know so you can check it out for yourself.

good luck with bingeing, i feel your pain, im going through it right now too...
figureskater546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #17  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I went to a hypnosis, walked out and headed strait to burger king. No, it didn't work for me (should have saved my money ).
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

I did several sessions with a hypnotist several years ago with mixed results. Without addressing the food issues - I don't think anything will work.

Go to itunes....search on Kelly Howell/Theatre of the Mind podcast....date 4/4/06....and there is a podcast with a weight loss hypnosis session just waiting for you to download and try, free of charge.

I don't think hypnosis is a be-all-end-all but I definitely think that there is a mind/body/emotional connection and anything you can do to MAKE that connection will help. At least it does for me.

On the physical side....I think sugar just feeds the cravings and if you are a person who has a problem with sweets/carbs - the best solution is to stop eating them. I know - it's not easy but that is the only way that I have been able to remove fat - by removing the processed carbs/sugars. It's not a message that most want to hear.

Good luck. You've done so well.....please don't give up or stop fighting for your health and fitness.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #19  
Success with TNL

Default Hypnosis can work

I am using Don Mannarino's Think and Lose self hypnosis cd's and am finding them very effective. His approach is to have you just eat half of what you normally would. Nothing is off limits, but he does put in suggestions of not wanting sweets, chocolate, salty snacks, pop, etc. My whole attitude toward food has changed. I was a junk food junkie and am now enjoying fruits and healthier food. Never a huge fan of veggy's, but eating some. I can't explain how it works, but it does. I always knew that the overeating was in my head, but how to control it was a different matter. This is working. I use to scour every magazine for the new life saving diet and now I don't even bother reading them anymore. Food is just not that important anymore. I'm not totally cured by any means, I still think about some of the munchie stuff I loved and lived for, but I can turn away from it now. I've had a couple of nibbles of things now at Christmas, but haven't done the whole binge thing like I would have in the past. A miracle? No. Just my head putting food where it should be. Will it continue to work? I believe so, but there's no guarantees. But it sure feels right. I'm not pushing his product, but if you're considering hypnosis or have questions about it, you might want to check it out. I'm hoping my eating is under control for good, but now I need to get the exercise part working. I'm not too fond of it and have a hard time finding time to do it. (Excuse? probably.) There are exercise cd's at his website, but I can't afford them right now. I'm hoping by joining 3FC's I can keep things going and also get the inspiration I need to get my body going by listening to everyone's inspiration and success.
SisuInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #20  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I did hypnosis a few years ago and I did not lose weight. However, every session she would talk about us craving pure water and I got a HUGE Evian addiction after that and I kicked my habit to pop. Another change that I noticed is that my self esteem went WAY up. Through the hynosis and group thereapy (It was group sessions) I quickly saw myself for what I was and changed alot of things in my life. I demanded to be treated better in relationships, I started wearing make-up again, and I started exercising and taking better care of myself. So I credit the hypnosis for turning things around for me, opening my eyes to what I didn't want to see, and giving myself the courage to change myself for the better.

I would definitely do it if it is a group of sessions- not just a single session.
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #21  
Success with TNL

I saw the end of the infomercial for Think and Lose and that is how I got started on the self hypnosis cd's. I believe I was at the right place at the right time to learn about it. For me it's working great, though it might not be for everybody. I like the one time only payment for the cd's - I bought mine on e-bay because it was cheaper and quicker - and that's it...done. I listen to one of the versions at least once a day and that is all I need to do. I like the idea that it's a lifetime change not just something to do till I lose some weight. I now have control over food, not the other way around. I guess the strangest part is that it's been relatively easy to get my mind working this way. And I truly believe it's going to stay this way. Like I said before I don't quite understand it, but I sure like it.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 475/292/184

I am a Certified Hypnotist and will try to explain it to you this way.
I lost 95 pounds in 8 months using Hypnosis and was blown away on how it helped me so much that I went out and took a certification course.
Hypnosis is not an answer to make you successful... if your hypnotized you will lose all the weight you desire... What it does do is it gets your conscious and subconscious mind to work in harmony and it all falls into place (IF YOU WANT IT) that's the key... If someone came into see me and said, "My husband is sick of the way I look, he told me to come here to lose 30 pounds" I would tell her to go home and come back when she wants it... Reason is because she is not doing it for her, she is seeing me because she is being told to see me and maybe does not want to lose the weight... So please understand, Hypnosis works if you want it to work.
Good Luck!

Steve

Last edited by sjm1027; 01-02-2009 at 09:48 PM.
sjm1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #23  

Default One more thing

There was mention of a CD you can purchase... Most Hypnotists will give you a CD made just for you or a copy of your session and also teach you self hypnosis... The CD made for you will work much better for you. I have seen so many people purchase a generic CD and get nothing but relaxation out of it.

Steve
Old 01-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #24  
Success with TNL

The CDs that I purchased for self hypnosis are made by Don Mannarino a well known hypnotist with years of experience helping people with a variety of issues. Going this route for me worked great as I could never afford going to see a hypnotist in person. I'm sure there are many generic CDs out there that don't provide the necessary instruction to change the way people deal with food. The ones I am using are doing the trick for me. Really well. So it's a good alternative for someone who may be considering trying self hypnosis, but can't afford or doesn't want to go and see a certified hypnotist. The most important thing, I believe, is that it does work and it is a good option for someone who has tried numerous diets and has struggled to get their mind around dealing with food and overeating.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #25  

I am so happy your getting results... Good Luck