Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Dailyplate

Hello,

Is anyone else using dailyplate dot com. I just found it and think it is the neatest tool. I had no idea how many calories i was really eating! Anyone had any luck checkin themselves with this gadget?

Heather
hmtklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I've been using it for quite some time. I had used FitDay before, but I find WAY more foods in the TDP database, including lots of restaurants and name brands. I don't like that you usually have to enter the number of "servings" of something rather than a measurement, but I still like it more than FitDay for the ease of finding more foods without having to add my own custom foods.

I've been losing weight, but I don't attribute that to TDP because I could just as easily track to much food instead of little enough to create a caloric deficit
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I've used it since the beginning of the year.

I like how easy it is to track my calories.

I HATE the whole net cals thing they have going on. I think it's unnecessarily confusing and misleading. Especially when they add things like "driving" and "typing" to the list of calorie burning activities.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #4  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

Isn't that funny. I just started using daily plate yesterday. I paid for WW online but wanted to try out some other sites. I really like it so far. The features and database are very similar to WW online but no cost!! I really like that you can adjust the serving size so if there is something that has incorrect data I can just adjust the serving size to get the data I want. I also really like how it breaks down percentages. I thought I wasn't eating that much salt- i don't add it to anything and I am eating so much less than before. The suprise is it shows you all it takes is one frozen chicken breast stuffed with spinach and boom- there goes your sodium over the daily allowance. I was also worried that I was being to strict on carbs but it adds up all the small numbers that I previously wasn't accounting for. The exercise data base is great as well. Anyway -1 day into it and i am really enjoying the site.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm thinking of trying their "Gold" membership. I believe with the Gold, you can get a breakdown of the types of fats. I'm very interested in increasing my monounsaturated fats and decreasing my saturated fats, so I would like to be able to see a breakdown.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

I paid for the gold. I like seeing the breakdown of fats. I also like being able to group my food by meals and see how many calories I'm using for each meal.

It's worth it to me.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:35 PM   #7  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

I thought about gold b/c you can use it (they say) on a mobile phone w/web capabilities-- like blackberry.

Any input?

I like daily plate very much. Photochick, how did you link it to your siggie?
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I use thedailyplate.com as well. I love it more than fitday.com

I ignore the calories burned in exercise, and just eat my allotment for the day. I love the breakdown of nutrients - and also how many foods are already in there! Also, being able to create meals of my favorite foods is a time saver.

You can look me up at javaqueen01 - add me as a friend
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:16 AM   #9  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

I love the Daily Plate's ease and user friendliness.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/147/135

Height: 5'2"

I really like the daily plate. I am much more cognizant of my eating now. It is a great tool to have.
mstigger is offline   Reply With Quote