Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 03:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 5'6"

Default total body makeover

has anyone tried the michael thurmond total body makeover?

i have been thinking about getting it but i'm very unsure. just wondering if anyone has done it or knows someone that has.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #2  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Lucky,
I don't have the full program, but I did buy his 6 day makeover book and I've done a lot of research. What I found was, it is a VERY strict eating plan that requires a lot of home prep. Eating out is next to impossible.

Basically, you will eat 6 minimeals a day which include a few ounces of lean protein, some veggies and/or fruit, and maybe a starch like rice or potato. Seasonings are strictly limited... no salt, no fat, no sweeteners, no catsup, no mayo, no dressing, etc. Food is simply prepared and very bland. It's also very few calories, so of course you will lose weight.

His body type theory is sketchy. The menu plans I've seen all look very similar, and the exercises are common sense. So, save your $$$. Pick up the "6 day makeover" book used somewhere and you'll have the majority of the info for very few dollars.

Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #3  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I actually bought the whole program and ended up selling it on Ebay. It sounds like a good plan, and for some it does and may work. But for me, a lot of the things that are in the plan, I COULD NOT find in any of my grocery stores. For one think, low/no sodium chicken broth? I could not find it! And like one of the meals I did like was Tuna Fish with some lemon juice on it, and that one can of Tuna Fish was a dollar fifty. So, you consider eating that can be pretty expensive, because you have to eat about every 2-3 hours on the plan. Also, what was mentioned, a lot of home preparation.
I am just telling you my experience with it, and how I feel about it. I only ended up following it for 1 day, and I will admit, I felt like I lost weight in that day. But, it just wasn't for me. Hopefully that helps you some!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:58 PM   #4  

I did the program a few years ago. It works, though it is very strict and difficult to maintain. Especially for me being a vegetarian.
It is particularly good for fast weight loss, but I found the weight came right back on once I went off plan.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/184/110

Height: 5'2"

I borrowed the books from a co-worker and tried it... we all found it to be extremely restrictive, not to mention that you no sooner seem to finish eating, and it's time to eat again... trying to do this plan and actually WORK while at work is difficult at best. Eating out is virtually impossible. I can't see how someone could make this type of eating a lifestyle choice not just for the here and now, but an eating plan for life. It's pretty unrealistic for the long haul.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/223/130

Height: 5'6

Default tried it

i paid 160.00 for it and liked the exercise but the eating every 2 hours the same thing over and over got to me, my plan for me was meat meat and more meat, for 8 times a day and the food that i had to have was so exp. so it sits under my couch a160.00 worth of nothing. thats my story about it.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #7  

Default 6wbmo

I am currenting using this program for weight loss and I love it. I have tried a multitude of ways to lose weight, but haven't been able to due to a very slow metabolism. This program has gotten my metabolism moving again. I do eat out, but not very often. When I do, I order grilled chicken with no salt. You would be surprised at how great grilled chicken tastes with no seasoning. I can actually taste the real flavor of foods now. I also order salad with veggies only and plain baked potatoes. I love baked potatoes, so I don't need a lot of additives. I cook in bulk and freeze so that I don't have to cook all the time. I feel great. I have lost about 15 pounds in about 5 weeks and have about 20 more to go. This program has been a lifesaver for me, so I have chosen to make the sacrifices. I will admit that it probably isn't for everyone. I work from home, so that makes it more convenient for me than someone who has a regular job. Anyway, you have to weigh your options and decide what will be best for you. This was a good fit for me.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #8  

There is an incredible amount of people who have had success - just like everything else, it is all about trying to find the right fit
Old 07-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #9  

The short answer....it works...but it is wicked hard and I could not stick to it longer than a month...you can't even have salt! (not that I need tons but I like a little in my food!)
Old 07-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #10  

It definately works. Nothing else seemed to work for me but I lost about 25lbs in about 7 weeks. Felt great but I couldn't stick with it. It was much too restrictive for me to continue as a way of life. Finally gave it up and 2 yrs later I'm back where I started.
Closed Thread