Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #1  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Default FitDayPC?

So, I just started using fitday online. I like that I can access the same info from home and work, but entering foods is a little bit of a pain. Does anyone here use fitday pc? Does it have a way to post/synch to the web so I can go between home and work -- or would I have to use it on one computer only?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I use FitdayPC. I do find entering foods easier on the PC version. I find custom recipes much much easier.

However, you cannot post/synch to the website at all. None of the information that you have entered on the web version can be imported into the PC version. Each fitday account creates a user file that can be moved from work PC to home PC. I either put it on a flash drive or email it from one computer to the other. For that to work, you will have to be able to install the program itself on your two PCs.

You will also not be able to make it public, just FYI.

Despite the limitations, I still prefer the PC version because I do loads of cooking, and I frequently tinker with the ingredients. Changing the custom recipes now is quick and easy. I rarely spend more than 5 minutes entering my food at the end of the day.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:49 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

I've had Fitday PC for approximately three years and have used it every day except for a few months that I took off from it. I love it and it's very accurate and easy to use for me.

But as Tammy says, you can't synch it to the online version. It's not even like the online version, at least the last time I looked at the latter.

I used to work at different offices and did not think of doing Tammy's idea of emailing it from one computer to another. I just make a note of what I eat away from my home office (or just remember it) and enter it when I get back. I enter several times a day. I use the goal setting features, exercise log and body log extensively also, as well as the diary and the ability to create custom meals and recipes at the drop of the hat. When I want to delete any of these or edit, that is also easy to do.
Closed Thread