Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #16  
Mel

Be careful when self-diagnosing with thyroid meds. You can make youself very sick.

Most of your symptoms are also symptoms of food allergies- particularly gluten.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #17  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

How can I tell if I'm allergic to gluten? I don't want to go through allergy testing again. It's expensive. O_O
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #18  

If you don't want to test for gluten allergies, then try eating a gluten free diet for a few weeks and see if you feel better.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #19  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm curious...did you ever get your adrenal saliva test back? You said you'd update and I've been wondering about you!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #20  

You are skating on thin ice if you think you can treat hypothyroidism on your own and you can KILL yourself if you don't need the drugs you are taking. It causes rapid heart rate and can give you a heart attack. If doctors are finding you normal, are you sure you aren't looking for a scapegoat for being overwieght? What diet are you following?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #21  
Free-thinker

Mandalinn82:
Yes I did. Other than low DHEA and slightly low morning cortisol, I'm okay. I'm on some stuff for that.

QuilterInVA:
Many of the people on the thyroid forum I go to have had to medicate themselves. I am on 2 and a half grains of Armour, and I am doing fine. Other than not being at an optimal dose yet. But I'm monitoring things, and I know that if I feel anxious, jittery, or have a fast heart rate I need to back down on it. But I haven't felt any of that, just continuing hypo symptoms. Docs don't know everything, and neither do lab tests.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #22  

Height: 5'4"

Sorry to bump this up, but after my doctor suggested I get my thyroid tested I've been reading up on it, and I seem to have a lot of the symptoms. I was in to see the doctor for a pre-surgery checkup, and I wanted to wait until after the surgery to get the test. So now I'm very anxiously waiting getting tested, but that won't happen for a few more days.

Anyway, this thread really caught my attention and I was wondering how things are going. Did everything work out? The thought of buying non-prescribed drugs really scares me!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #23  

AMY, if you are curious and don't get a reply here, you could try sending a private message to BlessedBe.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #24  
Free-thinker

To answer your question Amy, I went off Armour a while back because nothing was changing. But I think I just didn't go high enough on dosage. So I'm back on now, and I'm up to three grains. No bad side effects yet. I'm think I will need to go to five to be optimal. Also, if my thyroid was perfectly normal, as my idiot doctor said, then I would be getting bad side effects. Like jittery, anxiousness, and really fast heart rate. But I'm fine, so I'm doing okay. I'll keep you posted if you like, as I go up to four and finally five.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #25  

Height: 5'4"

Oh, thanks for responding! I'm glad things are working out!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote