Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 06:23 PM   #16  

Hi Ally. Candice and I did not type all that - we just copy and pasted - that is so easy. Would hate to have to type it all the time. Sometimes it is necessary. Have a good time at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I am sure it will be very interesting, and is probably something I will never get to see - so we need a commentary when you get back

Meme - How was you weekend. I hope you got some rest. Remember we tend to forget things, but try remember that little tiny word that says so much NO!!!! Perhaps if you say it often enough someone will believe you mean it. You are going to make yourself SO sick if you don't stop. Enough MOTHERLY advice now. I truly hope you are feeling a lot better.

Mima - Hi. I wouldn't worry so much about gaining a pound it I were you. If you have osteoporosis, I would think you need to eat lots of calcium rich foods - or not? Don't know much about it. I had a bone density test done in January and everything is fine - the Dr. was surprised to say the least. I new that carrying these extra pounds was good for something. May not look as good, but it is GOOD for the bones, and where I carry it, it doesn't hurt the heart.

Joanne - Hi. Nice to have company, and nice to have everyone go home again as well. The weather here is so nice today - about 76 above with a nice gentle breeze. It gets nice and cool here now in the night - down to 45 above or so. Makes for nice sleeping. I love this weather and wish I could have it all year long.

Candice - Cute little girl. She seems to be enjoying her cake. Hope your arm is coming along with the PT.

My little week vacation didn't pan out to much. Went to Calgary on Tuesday, and that was it. Tuesday night, smoke from some forest fires, settle over our area (the fires are 400 miles away for heaven sakes, but the wind was right) and I ended up with a sinus problem. Still a little annoying but definitely better. That started the FM to act up a bit. Muscles in my back from my neck to my tailbone hurt like crazy. The Tylenol Sinus caps. that I took seemed to help that out as well. Must have been an allergic reaction. Starting last year, I can't stand smoke, and living at the lake we have tons of campfires buring all the time.

Hope you all had a great day.

Anne
Old 08-27-2001, 08:23 PM   #17  

Default Hi

Happy Canuk- I love your donkey and you are so right it is nice when everyone goes home. I hope you are enjoying some of that nice cool air for me. I am waiting for the weather to change. We will most likely get some storms first. We need a good Hurricane to get our water table back up to a healthy level.
Mima- My daughter is a teacher and my husband a retired teacher of 30 years. My daughter teaches 2nd grade children with learning disabilitys.
Ally ...Beer. I have n't touched one in so long... You are right we have to pay the piper later.
Candice ..Cute baby. I bet that was a nice birthday.. How is the arm doing?
Hello Memetoo...
Bye ...Joanne
Old 08-28-2001, 03:42 AM   #18  

PT today and they worked on my neck and now I have a headache! The arm still hurts but at times it seems better..untill I go to pick something up! Still can't type much so when I can copy and paste something I will!
Old 08-28-2001, 05:56 AM   #19  

Default hello

Good morning. I had a good day yesterday-meetings and setting up the room. It's all coming back. The kids will be cute today-first day.I will have to reassure them because their teacher is out.I gained.2 lbs-getting back on track because the scale is going in the wrong direction.Sure did plenty of stairs yesterday.And walked for 30 min. Our WW leader gave us a physical challenge-every 15 min. of exercise to accumulate as a group to walk from Holden to Rockport MA. Figuratively. I still want to be 3 lbs. Below my goal. Daughter lost 6 and a half -Happy-smoke makes me wheeze-Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is supposed to be nice.Candyce-take care. Jo-anne ,rest.Have a good day everyone. Humid today-gotta get someone to open my windows in school=old bulding-over 100 years-old windows!!!!Mima
Old 08-28-2001, 03:06 PM   #20  

Those windows are almost as old as I feel!

Well... the lake was tranquil...even if I'm not!!! The pool was cold, the bed was hard and I couldn't stand the sun out in the boat. The meds I am on make my skin very sensitive to sun. Had a real rest on Saturday. Didn't do anything except lay by the pool and sit on the balcony of our room and read (had a "roof" for both but was still by the water.) Water always has soothed me!!! The restaurant at the hotel has food that is out of this world. One night was seafood night (complete with crab legs) and then Sat. night they had lasagna, fried chicken, catfish, BBQ ribs and prime rib all!!! It's a good thing the desserts weren't too good!!! Came back home Monday to the same old life; Kids wanting me to keep kids. D-I-L called Sun night right after I got home...needed me to keep the 3 yr. old Mon. morning. I'm tired of kids. Wish they'd all go away and leave me alone for a little while! Have them all tonight!!! D-I-L is thinking about taking a teaching position at the private school where my grandsons go...she actually asked me if I'd be interested in keeping her 3 yr. old for 3 days a week. I have told her (and my daughter) repeatedly that I am not able to take care of children and the only reason I'm doing it at all is because my daughter doesn't have anyone else. I can't stand the thoughts of putting a little one in a day care where you don't know the people. It's too scary!!! I told he NO. I told her I was not looking for more children to keep but trying my best to get rid of the ones that I have now! She probably got mad at me...she's always been kind of jealous of my relationship with my daughter...she thinks I favor her and her children. But, although my son lives within sight of my house, he doesn't average coming here but about once every month or so and then, if he wasn't invited to eat, he needs to borrow something. I love him but he visits his in-laws more than he does us and they live 3 hrs. away!!! And the only time his wife comes is when she is dropping the kids off or picking them up. I'm just tired of keeping kids and want OUT! I'd like to have my life back when I had 20-25 piano students in the afternoons and my days and nights to myself. That'll probably never happen though...until I'm too old to enjoy it, anyway!
Old 08-28-2001, 08:20 PM   #21  

Default Hey There

Memetoo- It is so easy to relate to you and your Grandchildren and D I L and keeping children. I did the same thing for a while. Then my daughter moved to the northern part of Fla. and I had no more children to keep. As we get older and not as able to keep up with them we have to say"you know I love them very much ,but you will have to make other arrangements".Believe me they will. Take care of yourself. I do have to say that if my son got married and had just one I would be willing to do it all again. That is how much I would like to see him with just one.
Mima, We have some of that smog down here. The weather man said it is coming from the north east. Air was just thick this evening and it will probably be around tomorrow. And with it the humidity and 90 degrees. I have had a upper resp. problem for two weeks and this now. BOY!
Hello Happy Canuk and Candice...
Bye All...Joanne
Old 08-29-2001, 06:30 AM   #22  

Default Hi

I survived the first day of school-I led my 22 kids right past the entrance and had to turn around to go in . Funny!!!Worked hard but there is so much to do the first day. I did my Yoga tape very carefully for an hour to destress but I did it too late and was wound up to sleep well.Nice day today. Meme, I was so worried about my step-grandaughter going to live with her mother but I knew I couldn't take care of her. Sometimes you have to let go.Not all daycares are the same-I found some great ones when my own children were small-I always worked. And then one not so great.Listen to your body and your emotions.Glad to hear you got some rest. Oh yeah-pray for a good decision-not listen to me.And would everyone pray for a girl named Liz who just went off to college, finding out 2 weeks ago that she had a degenerative nerve disease. Her Mom teaches at my school.Hi to everyone else. Gotta get ready for work. Mima or The Mim as I sign my e-mails to my daughter-in-law!!!
Old 08-30-2001, 06:18 AM   #23  

Default Good morning!

So guys-where are you? Hope you are sleeping better than I did last night. I drink an extra coffee at work so I'll have tea today.Had a good day yesterday-it was fun teaching. But I really am tired. I'll be glad when I only sub once in a while. One of the kids is in love with me-he's a space cadet but adorable. I had his 2 brothers so I know the family.And then there is Ronald-past one o'clock he's in his own world-I actually think he's obsessive-compulsive because he gets one thing on his mind and can't change it. ood thing he's cute. It's a really nice class and I'm getting atttached.But I am tired and I hurt.Hope everyone is ok. Ally-are the boys back in school yet? Nice cool air from Canada this weekend-thanks Happy. 2 days til 3 days off-gotta plan something nice for the weekend. Have a good day. Mima
Old 08-30-2001, 10:42 AM   #24  

Checking in and I think a mother does favor her daughters, my mom did and my DH's mom does way too much for her daughter and kids! I only have boys so won't have that experience. Got a whoppen headache so off to lay down!

Double impatients here
Old 08-31-2001, 01:01 AM   #25  

Hi Everybody.

Candice, pretty flowers. Hope the PT works for you - fast. Lots of work to do soon, digging up gardens etc., or do you do that in the spring? Glad to see you come and let us know how you are doing anyway.

Mima - I'll bet you are tired and hurting and a little stressed! I don't know how you do it. What grade do you teach? I'm sure you told us, but I have forgotten. It will take a while to get back into the swing of things. Well at least this weekend is a long weekend - at least here it is Labor Day Weekend. So if it is a long weekend there, you can catch up on some much needed rest. Mima, glad to send you some of this nice weather - cool for you, but just right for me - been around 75-80 and is supposed to continue, but it cools of at night to into the 40's so morning is nice a fresh and cool as well.

Joanne- Hope you are keeping well. Haven't heard from you for a couple of days. Mima gets the feeling she is talking to herself. I wonder where Meme is - must have been some weekend.

Meme - Where are you. Hope your feeling ok.

Ally - How is your son? You sure didn't need another accident now did you!

Everyone have a great weekend. My son is home for the first time this month, and my daughter and family is coming on Sunday, and staying until Monday, then having company on Tuesday, for dinner, and my girlfriend is coming on Wednesday to stay with me for a few days.
Old 08-31-2001, 03:08 AM   #26  

HI!...I'm hurting really bad...no one to talk to...it is 2 a.m. here. At least I have a long weekend...S-I-L is taking the whole day tomorrow off and keeping the kiddies so I have FOUR WHOLE DAYS...HALLELUJAH! I can hear Handel's Chorus playing in my head!

I really need to rest but I also REALLY need to clean out closets and finish cleaning my basement which I started last month and didn't finish...what I did probably needs redoing by now! No...I cleaned out closets down there so I'm not going there for awhile...not until we drag everything out for Christmas! I will probably rest at least 1/2 a day tomorrow and clean out my walk-in closet tomorrow afternoon...then we'll see what Sat. holds. My Son and Daughter and families are going to be out of town this weekend so NO KIDDIES!!! FOR FOUR WHOLE DAYS!!!

The diet is going better this week. I didn't do so well last week...too much stress I guess and then the weekend eating out didn't help much...but at least I didn't GAIN any. So now I'm settled down to lose! Guess I have more to lose than anyone else in this group so I need your support! It is so hard to lose weight when I have to have cookies, chips, cheetos, icecream, etc. in the house for the kids. But I'm still trying... I bought some "low cal" stuff at the gro. store last night...some choc. popcycles that are only 50 cal. and some granola bars with choc. in them...few little things to take the place of the FAT stuff! But when I get stressed or depressed I wind up eating BOTH! So...guess the trick is NOT to get stressed or depressed, huh??? I'm working on not letting others make me feel bad about myself or...as happens a lot...GUILTY...mostly for not doing what they think I should be doing.

I'm tired...stay tired all the time! It is also hard to diet when I feel so tired and everyone is urging me to eat! I'm not tired because I don't eat! I'm tired because I'm doing too much! I've told everybody except my mom that I'm going to have to slow down some and rest more! Hope it SUNK IN! I've decided to just stop trying to get anything to sink in with my mom...I'm just ignoring her as much as I can...which isn't easy since she lives right next door to me...

Think I'll try going to bed and see if I can get some sleep. I'm sooooo glad I don't have to get up at 6:30!!!

FOUR WHOLE DAYS!!!!!!!

Hey...go take my "Word Play" Tests...I have two done so far and am working on a third! Let me know how you do!!!

http://www.geocities.com/memeswordweb
Old 08-31-2001, 06:04 AM   #27  

Default Hello

I had forgotten how important TGIF was. I teach 5th grade-great age-6 special ed. kids-and math to everyone-about 75.Love kids-love to teach kids-don't like the rest-but I have 3 days off- feeling like Meme-I am hurting-have stayed on ww but I'm at a plateau with weight loss. I slept better last night. I did a relaxation tape-one where you scrunch up your muscles-it's really good for fibro. Mey Meme-we are all going t hold you to your resolutions!!Haha . It works both ways, doesn't it?I have to let go of what my daughter tells me about her life. It's harder with daughters-I think they remind us so much of ourselves.There are plenty of books on that subject.I have to laugh at the mistakes I have been making-I taught the kids the wrong spelling of latitude-and the definition does not match the one in the dictionary. See-that's why you shouldn't teach at 63-but then I do recognize andadmit my mistakes. Gotta go eat my egg and toast. Hi to everyone-and Happy, love the cool air. We'll send you some Joanne. Mima
Old 08-31-2001, 10:35 AM   #28  

Default Hey There

Hi everyone
Happy Canuk, I have been right here. The weather here is hot as usual lately. I envy you that cool weather. I still have a cough and so I guess It has had an adverse effect on me. I think it will take a little longer. My son is going to be here sat. to help us with a plumbing problem. He designs buildings for a living. He also is very handy in fixing most everything else in the home. Thank God,It would cost an arm and a leg to call a plumber.
Mima, My daughter told me much the same thing last night. She loves her job and the children she teaches.
Memetoo, Keep working on your diet, it will be well worth it. It doesn't matter how long it takes,just that you don't give up. I still have about 10 lbs I want to lose. I really don't have to as I could be satisfied at where I am,but , I want to get some more off. It is really hard. Cleaning around the house seems to be always there. We finish one job and another is waiting.
Well we have the long weekend. Being retired we don't do to much. Our kids are grown and have their own lives. I guess I will have to find some trouble of my own to get into.
Bye all... Have a great weekend...Joanne
Old 09-01-2001, 06:46 AM   #29  

Default Hello

Good morning-seems like almost everyone is busy-Joanne,I have a wonderful son and brother who help me out a lot-a lot-I thought I wouldn't need so much help since I sold my house but I do.We had an evacuation drill yesterday in case of a bomb scare-we had to take the children across the street to a church parking lot-all 500 0f them .I counted mine when I got there and one was missing and of course it was Roger who thankfully arrived in a couple of minutes-he will walk with a teacher next time.I am so tired all the time but that is the way it is in Sept. anyways-no matter what the age. This is so bad for my fibro-my legs are killing me-so much walking and standing.So glad it's 3 days off.I even had a glass of wine last night to relax.I need to swim!!!For 20 minutes. See ya guys-have a good weekend. Mima
Old 09-02-2001, 04:33 AM   #30  

I lost another pound! I know I already hit goal but if it wants to go off fine! It is probably muscle since I can't do anything cause of my arm! I still stretch and stuff but can't garden or clean like I want to!

Meme...Four whole days off. Good for you!

Joanne..hope you get to feeling better!

Mima...I loved teaching and always took a count after we had been out of the room and I was short a kid once! He was still on the playground with the older kids! (Kindergarten was my class) I miss it but don't miss the stress!

Happy...Sounds like you will be busy entertaining the next few days!

Ally..where are you??????????????

My arm still hurts..I don't think therapy is helping much I know the typing hurts it bad!

Meet my Gabby......She got her name because she is very vocal all the time!

Last edited by Candicej; 09-02-2001 at 04:37 AM.
Closed Thread