Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #46  

I went Sun. night and saw all my little kids in a play at their church ... a musical. It was really good. All four of mine can sing ... that whole church is blessed with talent. They have a huge gang of kids. The age range looked to be about 5 to 18. They even had one rapper ... all the kids put on sun glasses and rapped with him - he looked to be about 16 and he acted it out. He was very good with all his yo-yos. That was right down Jenna Rae's alley ... she love's stuff like that. She put her hand on her hip and yo-yoed right along with him! Her mama had her all dressed up like an adult with her hair up and makeup and lipstick. All the kids were dressed like adults. They were so cute. The name of the play was "Free Gift". The stage was set like a store ... two angels, Gabriel and a 'rookie' angel was supposed to be trying to get last minute shoppers to take the 'free gift' of salvation but everyone was either too busy or in a hurry or too rich or something and each shopper sang a song about why they didn't want the gift. The younger choir standing in the back sang the chorus with them and filled in between singing other songs that went along with the musical. It took a lot of work. My daughter directed it.

Tonight we're going to Garrett & Kaylyn's school to see them in their school play. That's my son's kids ... they go to a private school so their plays are always longer and more entailed than most school plays. They don't have as many children and the teachers work with the kids more than they do in public schools. I think there are only about 12-15 kids to a classroom so they can do that!

Only 2 more days to teach and I'm on break for 2 whole weeks!!! (It will fly by!)
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:18 AM   #47  

That play at church sure sounds nice. Boohoo. We had to bring our nativity set back to Lowe's and get our money back. Some of the lights wouldn't work and we couldn't fix them and neither would thety try. It was way too much money to keep it. peo ple are asking where it is!!! Presents wrapped except for the ones that came yesterday. 2 more to come. That man in SS was having a catherization yesterday s o we haven't heard yet. Are you settled enough Tammy? Bye for now Mima gotta get back on the couch!!!
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi Guys! Haven't been in for a while. I've been in constant flare since it started getting cold. Maybe once it settles in, I'll be ok, but it seems like the weather changes every other day. Just found out I need sinus surgery again to boot - ooh yippy. Oh well, I'll worry about that in January.

Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone Happy Holidays, whichever they may be (heck, invent one if you have to - this time of year we need them the most).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #49  

Hi there. Merry Christmas to you. I am having Evan this morning, Brad says we are leaving Sunday after church!!!Gotta get the house ready for Evan!!!! Mima
Old 12-15-2005, 04:25 PM   #50  

I have to teach tonight and then I'm done until Jan. 2nd. Tomorrow night we're going to hear the 'big kid's' cantata at their church ... son, daughter and DIL are all singing ... I think they all have solo parts. I guess SIL is going to babysit. Then Sat. night is the Christmas party at our church. I'm glad we decided to just have sandwiches and junk food instead of a whole big dinner like we did last year. That just kills me to do that. My best friend and I are making soup to go with the sandwiches ... that's bad enough. I laughed so hard at her ... she's making Taco Soup ... so she called the other night while I was teaching. Hubby answered the phone and called downstairs to me, I was letting one student out and taking another in when he calls down to me that Glenda was on the phone and wanted to ask me a question. I said well, what is it, I'm kind-of busy here. There was a pause and he laughed and said, her soup recipe calls for a can of beer, should she go ahead and make it for church anyway! I nearly died laughing. She's such a nut case. I told her to put a can of soda in it instead. What a goober. Even though the heat would kill the alcohol, I can just imagine some of the folk's reactions if they ever found out they were eating soup that had beer in it!!! Especially our pastor!

Well, almost time to resume teaching ... have early lessons and late lessons on Thursday.
L O N G day! It's so gloomy out today, been dark all day long. It isn't even 3:30 yet and it looks like it's nearly 6 already. I just don't like winter.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:54 PM   #51  

Just wanted to check in real quick. Things are pretty busy doing things at both houses. We get the living room furniture delivered tomorrow. I'm getting used to cutting across it, so now I'll have to be careful. Going away this weekend with my friends. We leave at 4:30 tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to it. We always have so much fun.

Take care everyone. I don't know if i'll be back on before we leave or not.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #52  

Lost post-darn computer. Have fun Tammy!. Meme, the beer would evaporate. Lady from Maine is coming over-her whole houuse was destroyed from Wilma. We are taking her out to eat and will help her move into her rented house. All packed-mostly. Bye for now Mima
Old 12-18-2005, 05:56 AM   #53  

Merry Christmas all!!! leaving today and don't know if I can post. Love you all!! Mima
Old 12-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #54  

Hey There!
I am back in business!Got a new Dell and still have to get used to it.. I was lost not being able to get on and talk to you guys..I haven't had time to read the posts I missed.. We had a nice weekend. Today is my Hubby's 80th B/D. Went to church and kids took us out to a really nice Greek resturant.I brought 2/3 of my meal home.. Bye for now..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #55  

Joanne, Happy Birthday to your husband!!! I'd sing for him, but I think it's a bit far for him to hear me. Glad to have you back!!!! New computers are always interesting to get used to, aren't they?

My friends and I spent the weekend in Metamora, Indiana. Little canal town, lots of shops!!! This was the last weekend the shops will be open, so we were all able to get some nice bargains. I bought a tablecloth for the dining room table and a centerpiece to go on top. Beautiful!!

We only have 2 days of school this week. We leave Tuesday after school for Georgia. I'm unpacking tonight to pack again! silly!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:25 PM   #56  

Default Hey There

I must be doing something wrong. I should be getting emails from 3fc.I have to log in each time.I am still getting used to this new computer. Yes the hubby had a nice B/D..Joanne
Old 12-20-2005, 02:24 PM   #57  

just a quick note to let you all know that I am still alive

Joanne - nice to see you back online. A nice new computer and you should be set. Glad hubby had a good birthday. That is something to celebrate.

Tammy - hope you have now gotten moved in completely and are getting used to your new home. Soon you will be all finished with school and have a bit of a much needed break.

Mima - Hope you made it home safely. I also hope it isn't too cold for you.

Meme - well, I know you are just as busy as always. Don't forget to take some much needed time, just for you.

Well, I am plodding along. Work is getting easier as I am getting toknow more By the time I learn it and get really proficient, it will be the end of the term I was hired for

Everybody have a good day, take time to sit down and enjoy a nice cup of tea and put your feet up.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:39 AM   #58  

Well ... not been busy ALL week as usual ... and not JUST getting much needed rest, either (although resting by necessity). Had the stomach virus. Lost nearly the whole week. I started getting sick Mon. morning about 3 AM and vomited for 7 hrs. (Both ends actually.) Ran a temp. - Body aches that were worse than the fibro & arthritis combined. I'm still not back to 100%. I don't have ANY presents wrapped, still don't have all my housework done and NONE of my baking done. I had Jenna and Ross all day yesterday so I really have only had today to get anything done because I was in bed for 3 days.

Oh ... by the way Anne ... I sent you a card but it came back for some strange reason. I must have had your address wrong or something. No telling. Sorry!

Well, just thought I'd let you know why I haven't been around & wish you all a Merry Christmas in case I don't get back over the weekend.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #59  

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY.

Meme, hope you feel better soon. Not much fun being sick to your stomach. Soon, all the hooplah will be over for another year. I know I have overdone it. My back is screaming at me from top to bottom. Even pain meds don't help. I am off to Edmonton this morning, and stopping for a massage before I get to my daughters. After that, I should be good.

Again, may your Christmas be everything you want it to be.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:50 PM   #60  

Merry Christmas Everybody !I have just about everything caught up!
Joanne