Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #91  

Hey Everybody- We are still waiting for Wilma to make up her mind. She has already ruined my plans for the weekend. It looks like next week now before we can go to our daughters and go camping. The hubby won't go till Wilma is on the other side of the state.. Storms we are pretty used to.The only thing we like about them is the rain.
Stay well..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #92  

Default Halloween

Hi there, sounds like everyone is doing well and hanging in there. I still haven't made any decisions about police college yet, I am going to talk to my doctor next month about it 1st and then go from there, I am sure she will give it to me straight up, I am thinking if she says may not be a good idea I might get out of this whole shift work thing, shiftwork is already hard on a body and sitting in front of 3 computers for 12 hrs/day - 2days and 2 graveyards may not be the best thing for my bones. I think I would like to win the lottery and just stay home, hire a personal trainer and just cook healthy, work out, and spend lots of time with my family - oh, and most importantly shop shop shop! I just turned 33 yrs old, and I fell like I am 26! sometimes my bones feel that way too - lol. My hubby and two of my good friends threw me a little surprise party and I did put down a few Smirnoff Ice, and a few vodka cesears, and it took me about 3 days to recover! I quickly realized those days when I was late teens early 20's are long over - especially in the recovery department, but the night was well worth it and that will be my party fix for the next 3 months. My daughter was with my mother for the weekend visiting too, so it was just me & my hubby, and he absolutely adored me! it was the best night ever, and the hangover and bone stiffness was very worth it. Oh, and I kinda blew any chance of holding on to a diet on the weekend, but am back on it today and I bought myself a new pair of jeans - in a smaller size I might add, and that gives me more motivation to get back on the healthy diet train again, I guess falling off is o.k. as long as you get back on. Talk to you ladies later! I love this site!
kelleen920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #93  

Default Halloween P.S.

I forgot my whole point of putting the title of my 1st post "Halloween" now this it is coming shortly and my hubby has about 15 bags of chocolate and candies out, I had to go out and get a small safe, I told him to put all of it in there and keep the combination to himself and my daughter because, I can not be trusted! he thought it was funny but he said he will cooperate as he would like to have them around at least until Nov 1st! ha ha ha. He also hid the safe, that way out of site out of mind - and I like that and need that. You might think that is extreme, but I really can't be trusted with little bite size morsals of chocolate goodness!!! lol.

Now that is it for sure for today.

Take care.
kelleen920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:12 PM   #94  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick fly by for me. The prednisone didn't really help my feet. Darn it! I think I'll buy some different shoes and see what happens.

My dad went to the doctor the other day and he has OA in his knee. The doctor says he'll need surgery in the near future. He's been hurting pretty bad lately.

My mom is feeling better though. She loves her methotrexate and she is able to do so much more. I'm glad.

Joanne-How's Wilma? I didn't read the whole news article in the paper but I saw some pics. let us know how your doing

Hi Charlotte, Hi Anne, Hi Barb...and Hi all you new gals. I did do another post the other day but it didn't post. Darn stuff.

Okay. I have to go pick Kayla up from school. I need to pack the two little ones up (mine and my sister's) and go... Talk to you all soon.

P/S School is going great! I have A's in all my classes so far. THe hardest class for me so far is my business class. If I can survive that one, I'll feel great!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #95  

Hi everybody.

Chris - so happy to hear that your classes are going good for you. You will do well. I'm sorry that the prednisone didn't help your feet. I have a terrible time in the morning when I first step on my feet. Feels like knives cutting through the feet. I also have a heel spur, but the insert has helped that immensley.

Kelleen - I hope you don't have to see your dream die. Is there something else within law enforcement you COULD do that would be easier on your body? Sounds like you had yourself a little party there. We all have to do things (that's just called living) even though we know we will be in trouble for a few days - however, it's worth it. Now, buying a safe and locking the chocolate in is pretty inventive. Hiding the safe, is even better. They did a trial on out of site out of mind. The took a bowl of Hershey Kisses and left them in plain site on an office desk. People kept eating them, everytime they saw them. Then they put the bowl in a desk drawer, and people just didn't think of them at all - so THERE is proof

Lori - is your new brace helping you any? I know the one I got helped me out when I was having a knee problem. The thing is, mine was NOT my knee, but the pain came from the disk in the lower back. Still, the brace gave it some stability, and I do have OA in my knees. They sound like a gravel pit!

Angel Lover - hope you are doing well. I don't know how you and Joanne keep up with all these Hurricane warnings. I would run far and FAST

Well ladies, I am going to start a part-time job on Monday. It will be 4 hrs. per day at the Lab, where you get your blood tests and other stuff done. I will be doing some reception and some data entry. I haven't been able to work since 1996, so I could use some prayers, or at least some good luck. Hopefully, my back will be able to keep up. It is an up and down position, so I figure I will do ok with it, but I am now 59 and I might have slowed down a notch or two I am just finding myself bored at home, and I have been feeling pretty good, which is why I am bored. I have always worked, except for the past few years. Also, this is a temporary postion - only until June, so I will get a good idea of whether or not working is for me, or if not, I will then be content to lay it to rest and just plain retire. Hopefully working agrees with me. I really miss the social aspect of working.

So that is my news and I hope that you all are feeling good.

I AM GOING TO END THIS THREAD AS IT IS NOW ON PAGE 7 AND START A NEW ONE.

New Thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67402

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 10-25-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:36 AM   #96  

Hey Everybody- Wilma didn't touch us here in central Fl. I had hardly any rain.. I went to N/Fl. last week and camping with family. No tents for us. R.V. is better. Saw some deer and signs of bear. Deep in the woods. It is so hard for me to get on Fat Chicks lately. Took 10 minutes today..I sometimes give up because of other things to do..I have to get someone to look at this computer..Stay well...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #97  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Canuk started a new thread...see you there.
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #98  
RA Aussie

S/C/G: 250/250/120

Height: 5'4

Hi all. New to the site. I suffer from lupus, RA and OA. Nice combo! LOL Look forward to getting to know people.
GezzaBella72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #99  

Anne,
MY next appt with my doctor isn't until August. I'm getting my new running shoes tomorrow so hopefully that will help out some. I just got done mowing the lawn. It looked like an overgrown jungle in the backyard. i wanted to get it done before the rain hit again. We've gotten alot of rain this year so far. IT's nice. We've had a drought for several years now and we sure need the moisture. But I would like some sunny warm days too.
ahmedayad is offline   Reply With Quote