Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-15-2005, 04:04 PM   #16  

I tried the Eucerin products, too, and have seen some improvement. I've been using the cleanser and used the moisturizer for a few days, but I only had a sample and haven't been able to find any more yet.

I wasn't happy with the green concealer, though. They just made me look red with a layer of sickly green on top and in some areas they got into my pores and left me with green polka dots! It might work better if you wear regular foundation on top, but I can't stand make-up.
cher123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 07:08 PM   #17  

I've used the IPL photoderm treatments (like laser). Fantastic improvement that lasted for about 3 years.
WeighToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:38 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

I don't have rosecea but I believe my boyfriend does.
Thank you for all the input. He drinks a lot of strong caffeen.
Being outside really makes it stand out. he has a mushtash(SP) and gotee. And wears a ball cap as he has thinning hair, so it's not that noticable.
When he gets out in the heat or sun he looks very windburned-nose and cheeks and some spots on his forhead.
Maybe i can suggest some changes.
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:44 AM   #19  

I have struggled for years with what I called sensitive skin(redness beyond belief). I finally went to a Clarins free facial for sensitive skin. It was amazing the results. It isn't cheap, but honestly no other product has ever produced such calming effects! I highly recommend trying it, the facial will show you how much your skin reacts. I never left a facial with my skin calm.
cowgirl500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:56 PM   #20  

Smile

I have mild rosacea and was on metrogel for a while with great results. Now I have occasional flare ups mostly when I'm stressed, tired, and/or eating badly. Two things have seemed to help:
  1. Mild, 'sensitive skin' moisturizer to which I add a few drops of hyaluronic acid. (I have a client who sells hyaluronic acid...it keeps your skin so moist!)
  2. Mineral makeup (like the infomercial kind, but I buy mine from a less expensive source). The minerals are supposedly a natural anti-inflamatory and have a natural sun-screen property. I've been using this type of makeup since April and I love it!

HTH!
TechnoDiva is offline   Reply With Quote