Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2001, 04:31 PM   #1  

Hi All. Just wanting to say Happy Birthday to Meme. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Old 05-20-2001, 04:27 PM   #2  

Happy Birthday Meme!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you are doing something nice and fattening.
BBQ was OK, but I figured out that I have moved from young to old there. I knew it was just around the corner, but this year there was no doubt.
Worried about beer and it's effects.
Ate the whole dinner including baked beans.
Sat the whole time.
I was on the side of the place where women wear elastic waist pants and sensible shoes.
Saw a woman with the tightest pants in the world and felt her pain. HOw can women do that to themselves?
She was my size in a pair of maybe size 12 jeans. Complete wedgie.
Mammogram tomorrow.
Fun.
Old 05-20-2001, 04:31 PM   #3  

Thanks Anne...I'm 54...gonna have to stop having these birthdays...I'm getting too old!

Went out to dinner with daughter and family today. I'm going to church with my son tonight and we (son, daughter and I) are singing there tonight then back to his house for pizza. I had a hot fudge cake for dessert after lunch, too...I'm going to get back on my diet tomorrow... I hate feeling like this! Sweets and junk food always makes me hurt worse! Anyone else affected this way? I don't know what to do about the diet thing. WDW wasn't working too good for me the last time around...so...what now??? I know I usually FEEL better when I up the protien and cut back on the carbs and sugar. I think I need something more "structured"!!! I also think I need a "diet buddy"!

What happened to Meshell?

Wishing you all a pain free day!!!
Old 05-20-2001, 04:35 PM   #4  

Thanks Ally...looks like we were both posting at the same time! Glad you were sensible and enjoyed the BBQ. I couldn't get a pair of 12 jeans zipped up!!!... I'd have to just leave part of me "hangin' out"!
Old 05-21-2001, 06:47 AM   #5  

Default I missed Meme's Birthday!

Happy belated BD and you sure don't look 54 but I bet you feel 94..I do!

Did any of my email go through to you Meme?

I always feel worse when I eat suff that is not healthy! Meme Have you tried WW ever? This my first time on it been almost a year and I really like it!

Last edited by Candicej; 05-21-2001 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-21-2001, 10:24 AM   #6  

Thanks...and thanks for the balloons. I had a really good day. I just LOVE singing with my kids...we sang four songs at my son's church last night and it was so much fun. I always inject a little humor between songs so everyone is relaxed and smiling when we start singing...I have missed all that. We used to sing between ten and 15 songs at singings at least twice a month but haven't sang much together in the last ten or twelve years...maybe that will change now that I'm not tied down to having to play an instrument at church every single service. Now I'm FREE!!!

I don't FEEL free...I feel trapped in a pain racked body. We have huge lines of big time rain and thunder storms headed our way and one on top of us right now. Poor Sammy can't even get outside to poop!

Candice...got the e-mail. You wouldn't believe the names I've gotten. Over 40 so far. I'm going to have to make TWO pages to get them all on.

My daughter got me a certificate for an hour massage for my BD. I can't wait for that!!! There are several different "kinds"...I don't know which one to choose. Hubby got me a personal CD player (I ordered it off ubid but he intercepted it at the mail box and wouldn't give it to me...said he was paying for it and I couldn't have it until my BD. So he gave it to me yesterday (I'd about forgotton about it!) Mom gave me money...that's always a good gift!!! I'm giving myself a trip to NC next month...I'm still not sure if I'm going alone or not. My mom finally said she wasn't going (thank you Lord) but now hubby says he may go. I've found three hotels with indoor heated pools and suites so I'm going to wait another week to book just to make sure. I really need to lose about 15 pounds in the next month...before facing all those skinny relatives...any ideas??? Candice...can you do WW at home? I've done it before by going to the meetings and it worked pretty good (for awhile anyway!) but I can't go to meetings with the rugrats!
Old 05-21-2001, 03:55 PM   #7  

Default a good reason for the pain in the legs!!

Hi ladies, happy birthday, meme. I think I lost my last post, because I can't see it.
it sounds like you had nice family gatherings, with sing alongs.
In my family, we had professionally trained opera singers, so those of us with any/no voice, just kept quiet.
But I do remember those that were talented, played the madolin and violin every time we got together
Now the family has moved apart or lost the talented amongst us.
Well, now that the results of the MRI are in, the new Rhumie feels vindicated, and said there is enough wrong with my lower back to cause the pain in the hips,buttocks and legs.and she is sure THIS pain is not fibromyalgia.
I need to go to see a neuro-surgeon, not necessarily to operate, but to inject cortizone to relieve the nerve inflamation.
I'm going to see what he might propose, but I'm scared of either.
Well the new baby might be induced, because the Doctor has to go away!!
Baby on demand!!
Still leary about taking kiddies to see this stuff.
I know the kids are acting up becasue, the little guy this morning was crying when mommy went to the obgyn.
He said he was afraid mommy would not come back!
So all this talk about going to the hospital and having the new baby, didn't make him more comfortable, it just gave him something else to worry about.
Like I said, you never know what is in their little minds, no matter how truthful you are to them.I think he knows he's going to be displaced as the"baby"

Have a good week ladies, Ally hope your son is doing fine, and Happy hope your daughter is doing great also.
need to get off this thing, I already made potato salad and home made ravioli soup for DIL and kids.{not to eat together}

so the hurt is still here!!
BTW Meshell is on another thread/PICOS board
the new little girl is going to be born next tues or wed, her name will be "analee"
{sounds made up}
toodle-de doo

Last edited by tootie; 05-21-2001 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:54 AM   #8  

Default Down right cold here!

So not much woking outside this week! My bones won't take it!

Meme..I have never been to a WW meeting I ordered the At Home program over the phone and you get phone support for questions and weigh ins. I would not have done it if I had to go the meetings! The toll # to order is 1-800-710-4663, you can ask them questions before you decide to order too! I get a lot of info and support on the puter too! Some areas will not let you order the at home program due to franchiseing conflicts, so then people have relatives order it for them in there area. Check it out! Glad you had a good BD!!!!!

Toots..hope they can help your pain and it is nothing serious! I like the name Annalee...I have a cousin named Jannalee.

Got a dental check up and cleaning today and will do some shopping which I hate!

Meme..can't wait to see the list of Hunks!

Last edited by Candicej; 05-22-2001 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-22-2001, 03:56 PM   #9  

Default did I miss something?

Hey ladies, did I miss the hunk parade?
My vote is still with Brian. but it would be nice to "look" over the field, {HEHE}
Well I have a crew taking some over grown bushes out so that you can see the house. Now I will have to design a front landscaping so that it looks better than it was.
Over grown does nothing for the symetery of the house/land.

Cnadice, could you come and help?
Went for a screening of carotid artery;aorta,and leg BP.
All to prevent a stroke.
Worth the 99.00 because insurance does not pay for preventative medicine.
They did'nt send me to the hospital right a way so I have to wait 10/15 days for the results.
Imagine if they make you wait days and in the meantime, something bad happens?
I have enough going on my "plate".{so to speak}
Candice, I didn't know that WW does this stuff on the net?
MAybe Ally and me could find appropiate gentlemen for some companionship on the net?
NAAAAAA, not a good idea.
Old 05-22-2001, 07:40 PM   #10  

Hi guys. Mammogram was painful as I have bigger mamms than ever but the good news is.......they don't weigh us anymore. Said that was the responsibility of the referring Doc so I am off the hook.
Oh, and the gram was negative...

Meme...I did WW a long time ago and I liked the comraderie, even got used to weighing in public. Ironically I was a skinny little thing back then and THOUGHT I was fat. I NEVER would have guessed that I would weigh as much as I do right now.
And feeling old? I got a lady kinda prickly talking about feeling old......I forget that not everyone understands what we mean when we say we feel old. Not in my head. In my body.
And Meme, it is what we eat. I am back to the high fiber and if I steer clear of that sugar I do so much better. Also am working my way to decaf coffee. Have light coffee right now.
The sad thing is it is not like if I do all these things I will run a marathon this summer. It just means that maybe I can get up in the morning without as much pain.
Candice...How is the new computer? I am getting sick of this AOL. I have it free til October, so will have to make do.
Tootie.....the thought of a gentleman caller sometimes seems painful too. Today I got my comfy shoes muddy so wore some regular one inch slip ons. And now every muscle and bone in my feet hurt and I know I won't be able to wear anything but sneakers tomorrow. If some guy wanted to go out I would have to wear slippers.
Old 05-24-2001, 05:10 AM   #11  

Default I'm tired again!

The weather here is cold and rainey but I go out when I can. Made the best recipe last night for Tuna cakes from the new Taste of aHome cooking light magazine..oh they were so good! (parsnips were the special ingriedient)

Toots...we need to have our Yews in front of the house pulled out but hubby doesn't want to do it yet they are old big and ugly!

Ally..the puter is working fine..it's the operator that is having the problems so my son tells me!

Where's Meme???????????? Can't get into my email so don't know what she is up to!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:33 AM   #12  

Default Great Recipe

Tuna Patties With Dill Sauce

These are Wonderful YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

2 large parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices

2 egg whites, lightly beaten

1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (about 1 slice)

1 TBS dried parsley flakes

2 tsp lemon juice

1/2 tsp grated lemon peel

1/2 tsp dill weed

1/4 tsp pepper

2 cans (6 ounces each) light water packed tuna, drained and flaked

2 tsps olive oil

Dill Sauce

1/2 cup FF mayo

1 tsp lemon juice

1tsp grated lemon peel

1/2 teaspoon dill weed

Place parsnips in a sauce pan and cover with water; bring to a boil
reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or untill tender. Drain
well. Place parsnips in a food processor or blender (hand blender will
do too) process untill smooth. In a bowl combine 1 cup pureed
parsnips,egg whites, breadcrumbs, onions, parsley, lemon juice,and peel,
dill and pepper, add tuna mix well.

Shape into 8 1/2 inch thick patties (patties will be soft)in a large
nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties 5-6 minute
untill lightly browned (I browned them ,then baked them in the oven,
Also used pam spray instead of olive oil.)

combine sauce ingriedents in small bowl serve with patties,yeilds 4
servings(2 patties)( 2pt per pattie 4 per serving)

Nutrional Analysis: One serving (2 patties with 2 Tabelspoons sauce
equals 211 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol,
635 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 16 g protien. Diabetic
exchanges 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat

This is from Taste of Home's Light and Tasty brand new magazine!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 04:13 AM   #13  

Default Everyone must be out playing!

Where are you gals??????????????????My dog couldn't walk with me today cause her right front leg was hurting(the shoulder joint) she is 15 now and we don't know how much longer she will be with us. I sure missed here on my walk!

Ugly weather here! Cold rainey, and windy and the furnace came on last night!
Old 05-25-2001, 12:29 PM   #14  

I have had a migraine every single day this week. I didn't teach any and am just barely surviving the Rugrats. Also, my arthritis and fibro are much worse. I called the Rheumatologist in Nashville and he called me back and said for me to go back on the Methotrexate. I dread that...it makes me sick to my stomach. I will start them tonight because I don't have the kids tomorrow...in case it makes me sick again. I have to take 8 of them at one time once a week. Also, I had tried to space the gold shots out to once a month instead of every 3 weeks and I'll have to go back to 3 wk. intervals now. I hate my body! I'm in so much pain I can't really concentrate on my diet. (One track mind you know!)...WHAT MIND??? BRAIN DEAD!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 12:34 PM   #15  

What's the difference in a Senior Member and a Senior Chickadee???
Closed Thread