Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:52 PM   #1  

Question Gall Bladder Surgery

I'd like to hear from anyone who has had their gall bladder removed. I had an attack last Friday that was serious enough to send me to the ER, and I am now scheduled for this surgery.

I know... I ate burritos the night before. I have learned FEAR OF FOOD.

I'd like to hear about your experiences: how was the surgery (that scares me), diet changes necessary after, etc.

Thanks!

Sheryl
Sheryllynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:14 PM   #2  

About 4 years ago, I had my last gall bladder attack. It was bad enough that it sent me to the internet to figure out what my options were. I ended up doing a "cleanse" of sorts that I found on the net which was as simple as olive oil and grapefruit juice. If I had only known that there was that simple of a cure when I first started having gall stone attacks about 15 years ago! I would have saved myself countless experiences of waking up at 2 a.m. in agony. The gallstones came out and were so neat! Needless to say, I was somewhat angry that no doctors I had seen over the years, or friends that I had talked to that were nurses knew of this non-invasive way of passing gallstones. Their only solution is to cut you open. Here is a link to the cleanse, basically epsom salts, olive oil, and grapefruit is all you need:
http://www.spydertechnology.com/Heal...anse-clark.htm
I admit, it's nasty stuff, but it WORKS (and you will feel so good afterwards)! I only got about 25 small stones about the size of 1/2 of a marble. I haven't done it since, but would not hesitate to do so if I ever got another pain.
Any search for keywords "Hulda Clark" and "gallstone" will turn up quite a few references to this cleanse, some of which call for fasting on apple juice for a couple of days before. I found that the fasting really turned me off apple juice for about a year. (too bad I couldn't do the same with chocolate)
Good luck!
mizmotiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I had my gall bladder out last year, the gallbladder attacks were horrible I thought I was dying they hurt so bad I had several attacks but because I was pregnant and high risk they wanted to wait til I had my baby to remove my gallbladder they removed my gallbladder 4 weeks after I gave birth and the surgery was nothing compared to the attacks I was having. I had a great surgeon as well so that made it that much more bearable. Good luck.
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:09 AM   #4  

Be real careful if you try the cleansing - I had just one gall stone that was as big as a peach pit - that clogged up my duct. I though I'd die before the pain stopped - surgery was the only answer for me. I find I have to stay with a low fat diet or I end up in the restroom a whole lot...but maybe that is a good thing (the low fat, not the restroom)!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:23 AM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I have had my gall bladder removed too. They did my surgery for me the same day I had to go to the ER with an attack. I thought I was going to die that day it hurt so bad. They scheduled me right there and the surgery wasnt that bad. I was back to work in a few days.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:11 PM   #6  

I too have no gallbladder. I only had a few attacks before I knew something had to be done. I actually had to take a trip to the E.R. They hooked heart monitors up to me and put that nitro-glycerine pill up under my tounge. They thought I was having a heart attack and at this point, so did I. A week or so later I had the laproscopic surgery. I only had to stay 1 night and there was nothing to it. I would highly suggest going ahead and having the surgery and getting it over with.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Cassandra B is offline   Reply With Quote