Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-30-2004, 09:08 PM   #31  
Hang In There

Anne, The one with the Cold hands & feet is Ranaud's syndrome. They are all auto-immune and related. Sjogren's is the one with the dry eyes and mouth, amoung other things. I enjoyed your graphic pages. Having graudated in 1965 and married in 1966, I'm afraid I remembered ALL of those things!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:22 PM   #32  

Oh, thanks Barb. I graduated in 1964, so we are probably about the same age. Hope your day went well. Glad you enjoyed the oldies
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:03 PM   #33  

Ok...I graduated in '67...so I'm just a baby! I'm afraid I remember all those things, too! I also enjoyed them...thanks Happy Canuk. Life was so much simpler then, or so it seemed. I got married in '68...had twins in '69...life stopped being so simple. But, the Lord has blessed me with a good life. I grumble & complain a lot, but I also know things could be a lot worse than what they are.

ageoldie...my hands & feet stay cold...& turn blue quite often. I figure it's just a part of the RA. It's probably a symptom of a lot of things. I know it's one of Lupus, also. I suppose all auto immune diseases have a lot of symptoms in common. I know one thing...we all have it rough. But, we gotta keep smiling.

I want to thank all of you ladies. You really pick me up, especially by being understanding when I'm down. I need that. I don't need someone to tell me to "get over it", or to just stay out of my way. You all really understand, & I can tell that you care.

Joanne...how did your Dr appt turn out? I hope your colon is ok.

Hello to everyone. Have a good evening.

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:35 PM   #34  

Angel, we REALLLLY do care! We all go through some of the same and all we can hope for is understanding. Unless you experience it yourself, it is hard to understand. I am sure I was guilty of this myself, but have had pain in different degrees of intensity for over half my life. I know a lot of people just don't no what it is like to have it go on and on and on and on and on

Anyway, you do sound a little more "up" tonight and that is so good to "hear".
Old 08-31-2004, 08:29 AM   #35  
RAR

Good Morning gee it has been a long time since I posted but I am back!!!!!!!just wasnt on the computer as muchstill the same with my OAof knee and hands and wrist but live with it daily I see from the other posts we are all around the same age graduated in 66 started a family in 67 so will have to go and read the other posts about oldies WELL DRANK MY and need to get moving wow Ohio hasome :sun: so maybe it will motivate me so ladies have a great day Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:27 AM   #36  

Default Hey There

Well it looks like I am the OLD LADY on the block.. I had my first child in 1956 and my second in 1958...I sometimes feel that old(71) and sometimes I forget about it and feel ageless. It is just a number anyhow.. I find that I am going to have to buckle down more. My Colesterol is high and my Triglycerides is high. My sugar is high too. The Dr. didn't give me any meds for it and I am thankful for that.. I don't want to take them anyhow. My hubby is having a fit about that. Maybe he is jealous because he has to take them.. Angel. My colon is fine as long as the IBS holds off.
Went and voted today..Now I got to get busy..S4ee you all later...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:15 PM   #37  

BACK TO THE FOLD, RITA!!

It IS great to hear from you again. How are you doing? Sorry about the pain. You do seem to be in good spirits, though. I've missed you so much. Tell us what you've been up to.

Joanne....Glad your Dr appt turned out as well as it did. You do have to watch those Cholesterol & Triglycerides, though. And, you're a looong way from being old, my friend. As you said, it's just a number. I get my C & T checked next 3 month visit. I hate doing without my morning coffee! They always have have a cup waiting for me, after the blood is drawn. I guess I'm spoiled.

Happy Canuk...I AM feeling much better, today. Spent the whole day out taking care of business. Couldn't have done that last week.

Hope all of you have a good evening. Talk to you on "hump" day!

Old 09-01-2004, 03:44 PM   #38  
RAR

Good afternoon ladies hope your Wednesday is goig well for you thanks for the welcome back been doing the same things as beforejust seem to be slowing down more Joanne I have high cholestrol on pill but been trying to diet as they really bother my legs as I already have enough problems but need to get it checked as I dont always stick with the food that I am supposed to well going to ride my bike for my exercise today for 20 minutes so you ladies have a great day andthanks for the welcome back have a great evening Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:14 PM   #39  

Default Hey There

RAR- If the pills are bothering your legs you need to tell your dr. I was on zocor and having the most awful arm and leg pains. I finally told him and he took me off it. I am taking red yeast rice and co q 10 now. I get it at the health food store. I refuse to take the other meds. It hasn't helped all that much but it hasn't gotten higher. That may be my fault as I have slacked a little with my walking. A lot has been going on in my life and I just don't seem to have the motivation I should.I work on my weight most of the time. I have been staying the same but am on a fine edge and it is really easy for me to gain..I am finding it hard to give up all the time..
Angel I called for an appt. for a mammogram. They said to come on in. I went and then discovered that they really could not do it today as it hasn't been a year yet. I lack 2 weeks to be a year. Needless to say I was really ready to YELL.Getting dressed and going 15 miles in the traffic is not my idea of a fun afternoon. I did ask why they couldn't have told me that when they made the appt. I am sure they had the same information on the computer in the am as they did in the afternoon.AHHHHHH!!!No wonder I am tempted to eat!!!!!!!!
Hello Grasshopper..How is your appt. going??I hope everybody else is well and in a better mood than I am right now...I love ya all....Joanne
Old 09-01-2004, 10:25 PM   #40  

For years and years they told me,

Be careful of your breasts.

Don't ever squeeze or bruise them.

And give them monthly tests.

So I heeded all their warnings,

And protected them by law.

Guarded them very carefully,

And I always wore my bra.

After 30 years of astute care,

My gyno, Dr Pruitt,

Said I should get a Mammogram

"OK," I said, "let's do it."

"Stand up here real close" she said,

(She got my boob in line),

"And tell me when it hurts," she said,

"Ah yes! Right there, that's fine."

She stepped upon a pedal,

I could not believe my eyes!

A plastic plate came slamming down,

My hooter's in a vise!

My skin was stretched and mangled,

From underneath my chin.

My poor boob was being squashed,

To Swedish Pancake thin.

Excruciating pain I felt,

Within it's viselike grip.

A prisoner in this vicious thing,

My poor defenseless tit!

"Take a deep breath" she said to me,

Who does she think she's kidding?!?

My chest is mashed in her machine,

And woozy I am getting

"There, that's good," I heard her say,

(The room was slowly swaying.)

"Now, let's have a go at the other one."

Have mercy, I was praying.

It squeezed me from both up and down,

It squeezed me from both sides.

I'll bet SHE'S never had this done,

To HER tender little hide.

Next time that they make me do this,

I will request a blindfold.

I have no wish to see again,

My knockers getting steam rolled.

If I had no problem when I came in,

I surely have one now.

If there had been a cyst in there,

It would have gone "ker-pow!"

This machine was created by a man,

Of this, I have no doubt.

I'd like to stick his balls in there,

And see how THEY come out!
Old 09-02-2004, 10:12 AM   #41  

Default Hey There

Angel -I think that is pretty good... I have told my hubby the same thing.. I wonder how he would like his thing stuck in that vice..Men have no clue how easy they have it!
Everyone here in Fl. is waiting to see what Frances is up to..Joanne
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #42  

Good morning ladies.

Angel - cute little ditty and true as well. I swear a man made that machine. Oh well, thank God we have it. I hope you are feeling better as the days go on.

Joanne - be safe. Are you in it's path again? i always thought we didn't have severe weather here, in Alberta. Then we started having Tornados. Apparently, Alberta is the Tornado zone for Canada We have always had them here, it is just that we are more populated than we used to be and they are now not just hitting trees and farmland. Such disasters. I pray everyone will be safe.

Rita - nice to see you. You have been gone for a while, so welcome back. Hope you are doing well.

Hi Deb, Pam, Ageoldie. Don't know what has happened to Laura, but I hope she is ok. Everyone have a nice day.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:23 PM   #43  

DON'T POST HERE!!!
GO TO "FRIENDS WITH RA & OA...#9"

HERE'S A LINK: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/newt...newthread&f=14