Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 05:17 PM   #1  

Hi. Just thought we should start a new thread as the other was getting so long.

Phyllis - you should be a writer. You are so funny. . I am still laughing, although it is not funny. You explain it so well, I can just see it. What a surprise to find yourself somewhere you never thought you would be. I hope that the med. is helping you with the pain, however. Did the shot help yet? You must be having some nice warm temps. there in Texas right now. Here it is cold - only about 42 above and dull. Hope my sunshine comes back soon.

Meme - Wow, you look great. That is also a very nice pooch you have with you. It is nice to see pictures so we can envision whom we are talking to.
Let us know when you have your new web page going. I suppose Tennessee is also nice and warm. Only cold spot must be here.

Candice - Nice pictures. Still think you look like a kid. Good picture of you and your mom as well. Did the shot help your arm? I sure hope that the pain goes away soon.

Ally - Buy what you feel good in and enjoy wearing it. I don't think it does any of us any good to want to buy size 10 clothing when we wear a 14 or 16 or whatever. Just do the best with what you have. I know one lady that has always been heavy (she is probably about 45 now) and she always looks great. She dresses with such pizzazz I am jealous of her. She is one attractive lady. See, it isn't about size, it is about being comfortable in our size. I think we all have to relearn this as we get older. Hope you are not overdoing the exercise. To much walking can be so very hard on the knees so I found out!

What are you all doing for Easter. I am having company (20 - 25 people) for easter dinner. Always have done this, but it does get to be a bit more tricky each year with all these stupid pains that pop up out of nowhere. But will do the best I can. Started baking today, and will finish tomorrow. Will make a chocolate cheese cake on Saturday. Still have to get the turkey etc. but that is this weeks shopping spree. Have no room in the freezer to stuff him right now.

Take care ladies.
Old 04-09-2001, 07:40 PM   #2  

OK...All of you look younger than me. And thinner too.
So if I can ever figure out how to get a picture posted here, you can be sure it'll be one from my younger thinner days.
I just had to name a "celebrity" that I thought I looked like and years and years ago, people thought I looked just like Sissy on Family Affair. Chipmunk cheeked, big smile, brown shiny hair.
Well, I still have brown hair.
My face thinned, but not the rest of me.
Now, I look more like Mr. French.
Tootie......Is that the neurontin causing your sleep washing? Be careful that you are not out foraging thru the cupboards. Throw out those Twinkies and Little Debbie cakes.
I could only eat those in my sleep anyway.
Although I did kill of a corner of an Entemanns cake on Saturday.
We had our first warm day here yesterday with way too much wind mixed in. That is NY weather. We consider ift a good day if it is not snowing. We ignore the fact that garbage cans are blowing around.
I did get in a few good walks.
Back to rain today.
Old 04-10-2001, 12:39 AM   #3  

Default Arm still hurting!

And we have had such nice weather...cut I couldn't do much in the yard without makeing my arm worse so I didn't stay out long. WE are in for lots of rain and severe weather this week...the yard already needs mowing! How am I gonna grip the wheel! My son will help, that is one of his jobs!

Anne.....I couldn't cook a meal for all those people..can't even cook for me right now! I love Turkey are you roasting it or grilling it? Set a place for me! So I look like a kid to you..must be the long hair!

Toots...where is your picture..I want to see the one of you sleep washing in the shower!

Ally...I pictured you kinda looking like Sissy, but with blonde hair! Funny how we think others will look when we just talk to them and don't see them!

Gotta rest this arm...I hate it!!!!!!!! I have too much to get done and this arm is slowing me way down for this time of year!

Hi Meme......Hows Sammy????He's so cute!
Old 04-10-2001, 12:43 AM   #4  

Thanks for all the compliments but young skin does not make up for old bones! If it did, Candice would be doing cartwheels!!!

I wish I could lose some of this weight but lately all I've wanted to do is pig out on carbs!!!

As for the web site...it is getting there but going slow. There is soooo much involved to a business site! Soon as I have it finished I want you all to be the first to check it out and tell me what you think! I had this on another site, a free site, but it never did do any business. This time I'm trying to do it right! I'm having an order form and taking credit cards and listing it with search engines, etc. A LOT of work and even more time!

It is supposed to rain here for the next 3 days...oh joy...more pain!

Last edited by MemeToo; 04-10-2001 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-10-2001, 02:23 AM   #5  

Default no encore tonight!!

I hope, ladies that I do not have a repeat of what happened last night!! A few days ago, I found myself sort of in the closet {it's a walk in} and I atributed it to just uneasy and jumping legs. Which I have now, can't sit still.
So yes the pain in the thigh and leg is much better. This morning I needed no crutch or walking stick. But as the day wor on, it slowly came back to the thigh and knee.
But if I experience anything like that again, I assure you I'll stop taking neurontin.
Maybe I can skip a day and see what happens.
Can't send a picture to this board, but if you want me to send to your email, just list it and I will send what I have.Remember ladies, I don't have a puter.
toodele dooo
Old 04-10-2001, 07:53 PM   #6  

No rain today so I got in two good walks after work and after dinner. And I ate pizza so I figured stupidly that I could walk that off.
Now I am really in muscle pain. Do you hear me banging my head on the computer desk???
Dumb, Dumb.
I just want to get rid of some flab and I want to take advantage of this nice weather.
I am as impulsive as my kids.
Candice...you just think I'm blonde cause I can't do the graphics. And Meme it is Netscape....how do I switch?
I enjoy seeing your graphics....that's enough for me now.
Picture me brown haired and befuddled....
Old 04-11-2001, 01:11 AM   #7  

Ally...WHAT is Netscape? If you are talking about switching from Netscape to IE you just go to one of those links I posted on the first page of thread #17 for Candice and click on it and then download IE to your computer. There will be a "download" link on the link page. Just click on it and it will guide you through downloading IE.

I am hurting soooo bad. I called the rheuatologist in Nashville this morning and asked if I could get a prednisone dosepak but they never did call back. I sure hope they do tomorrow...gotta have something for this pain. I have way too much work to do...more than I sould be doing plus it is supposed to rain here the next couple of days.

As for what am I doing Easter, we are going to our son's for dinner...everybody is taking something. Actually I dread it...rather come home and rest!

Oh, by the way... Sammy is a girl. I wanted a girl dog but Ross wanted to name the new puppy "Sammy"...hence a girl named Sammy! Guess I should have spelled it Sami but I didn't think about it at the time.

The picture below if for Ally...

P.S. I have a "bank job" to do Thursday! (Mystery shopping job that is) It pays $20 for 15 minutes of work...my kind of job!!! Plus...I have a contract in Nashville to do a Hampton Inn job on the 20th. We get a $119 room and breakfast FREE!!! And all I have to do is write down the host names and the breakfast server's name and do an on-line audit telling if they were courteous, etc. Shouldn't take but about 10 minutes max! I'm still doing Shoney's restaurant every week...'bout to get tired of eating there!

Last edited by MemeToo; 04-11-2001 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:29 AM   #8  

Default Rain..Rain..Go Away!

Meme..it's raining here to and some severe stuff! I have a male cat named Sami Jo..he was named when we got him! I also have a son named Sammy(Samuel) but we spelled that one right!

Toots..you have my email address don't you?????? I would love to see you! Glad you haven't had anymore sleeping washing spells!

Ally.....You sure you aren't blonde?????? Meme put a cute picture of you on here didn't she!(But it was a male I think!) Are you really female???????

Hi Anne...are you ready for your big dinner?

Meme here is a rainbow for you! From this old bag of bones!
Old 04-11-2001, 02:39 PM   #9  

Thanks for the rainbow...but it hasn't started to rain here yet! They pushed it back a day...today was unbelievable...we set a new "high" record today. It is in the 80s here. I took Jenna out on the back deck to play and we wound up staying out there for 3 hrs. I took my pictures out there and got them all sorted and put in order to start scrapbooking...even got the first page in my new album done. Anyone else do any scrapbooking? My d-i-l does parties for "Creative Memories" and got me interested in it about a year ago. I bought all this neat stuff, brought it home and put it in the closet...been there ever since. I cleaned out the closet a few weeks ago and found it and all my pictures I've been meaning to sort so I got started on it all today. It's kind of fun. I'm only SIX YEARS behind on putting my pictures in albums!!! I have some from Christmas in 1995...I have 2 of hubby's shoe boxes (size 13) packed FULL! I'll never get caught up! But at least with scrapbooking you just use the best ones...not like I always did before and put just about everything we shot in an album...I have EIGHT already full like that! Guess I get carried away with the camara!
Old 04-11-2001, 07:42 PM   #10  

Default Hi all

I am just going to test and see if this is going to go in.
Old 04-11-2001, 07:50 PM   #11  

I posted a nice long letter (the kind Candice likes) and lost it. So will attempt to do it again.

Meme - Me, I do Creative Memories and really enjoy it. I have done a holiday album and am doing my daughters album now - unfortuneatly haven't had it out for quite some time, and am only on her 4th year. Will go faster now, as didn't take nearly as many pictures as when she was a baby(lol).

Candice - Why do you think your arm isn't getting better? Did the shot help at all?

Ally - Who takes who for the walk Ally, you or your dog?
You are so funny. Doing the graphics are so easy here. If you want help, just e-mail me at happycanuk.hotmail.com and I shall be more than happy to help you out.

Phyllis - I like what Candice calls it - sleep washing! . I hope that the meds won't continue to affect you that way. Do they help with the pain? You did say you were able to go without your cane now, didn't you?

Well all, this is shorter, so maybe you luckedout.

Here is my terrible graphic for the day. I think it is hilarious myself, but then ......

Have a nice evening everyone.
Old 04-11-2001, 07:52 PM   #12  

Well, my excuse tonight is that I still have kids waiting for the computer. They have to send thank you notes to my brother and sister in law for gift certificates for their birthdays. They are the ones who gave us this computer. I do have a very generous brother. Now he knows his computer, Meme and he THINKS I do, so I have to sneak questions to his wife.

I might have to leave well enough alone for now. One of my kids tried to get a new master screen name but I am way too smart for that. Yeah. They sent me a message. He says he didn't know what he was doing.

I got stuck in the city today and had to walk and walk to waste time and find food. Had my work shoes on and now have blisters and total aches. I bought a bottle of Migraine Motrin. They worked pretty darn good.

I think I might have dropped a pound. My bra feels loose and that is where I would lose it first.
SO now you know that I am NOT blonde and NOT buxom.
Old 04-12-2001, 12:47 AM   #13  

Default cane? who uses a cane?

happy I use a walking stick!!thank you very much! and a crutch sometimes. I think the neruontin was helping with the pain but I don't know if I can take 300 mg. right off the bat. I know I sleep walk with this as odd as it sounds, but it was not nice finding my self in the shower at 2 am in the morn.
A nigt before that I found my self in a walkin clothes closest.
Last night I left the Neruontin out of my meds.
What I was experiencing was that if I sat to catch something on the TV, my head would go down and feel like I was passed out.The doctor was out for the holidays.
Same thing last year,when I lost all that blood.One year ago this week, and I have not been the same as prior to blood transfusions.
This will be a nice holiday, having my daughter and her boy friend?visit for Easter. He seems nice and I hope she will settle down.
No sleep again so I have to try and lay down when the sleepiness comes around.
Happy did I tell you that thee is a bakery that is called CArmine's bakery in Daytona beach and makes NSA cream cheese cake. It's my treat at the end of the night.Still fluctuating, but i think it;s down 2 pounds.
I really need to get rid of this pain.
Ta TA
Old 04-12-2001, 05:55 AM   #14  

Default Saw the doc and I need your input!

I'm not a happy camper I still think it is an infalmed
joint and tennis ellbow but since there was not much
improvement he wants an EMG test run and my last doc
would not run one because he said they were too painful
for Fibro patients! ( or anyone for that matter!) Does
anyone know about this or have any experience with this
test?

He said an orthopedic doc would want to go in and look
around and I don't want that so the nuerologist is the
next step I guess. Well I'm not really seeing him just the
test and if something should happen to show up then I
will have to see him..but nothing will cause it never does!
(well almost never!) My doc said another shot might
help in a different place in the elbow but wouldn't give it
untill I had this test done. What do ya think? I hate
having tests done and seeing more docs...I'll never
beable to work in the yard! Need your advice
gals????????

It's hurting bad gotta get off here!
Old 04-12-2001, 03:49 PM   #15  

Candice, have you tried any NSAIDS? Like vioxx or naproxen? My hubby had what sounds like a similar pain in his elbow/arm several months ago...couldn't sleep at night (and for him that is some pain!) He would just get up and walk the floor it hurt so bad. The Dr. put him on vioxx and within a week it was all but gone. Some Alieve might help. Another thing that might help is putting your arm in a sling for a few days so that you aren't using it at all. I've done that before and it really helps. At night when you lay down lay on the side that doesn't hurt and put a pillow up against you then lay your arm on that, for some reason when you allow your arm to just "hang down" at night it makes it hurt a lot worse. Another thing, have you tried anything "topical" like flexal or osteo-bi-flex (my personal favorite)...they don't smell too good but they help sometimes.

Go here to read about the EMG...almost sounds like it would make you hurt a lot worse, doesn't it?

http://www.yourhealth.com/ahl/1539.html
Closed Thread