Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-30-2004, 06:15 AM   #31  

The condo is a rental-I used to live there but we rented it out when we got married. We live in a big house 30 minutes away in the country. By the way, I am really enjoying the living room. Anyhow, we have been discussing what we should do and decided we wanted to stay here and buy a park model in FL for the winter. However, next year we will still be in the 5th wheel because we alraedy rented a pad for it to sit on. And then we will have lots of time to look around. By the way Meme, the churches in the South are so much better than the North. We really miss the church in Ft Myers-Brad's that is. I like my church here, Starting to work on the yard a bit-can't plant yet but I will get some pansies. I am going to grom some lettuce on the decl. It's so expensive to buy. Bye for now, Mima-ps-it's in the 70's today.
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:53 PM   #32  

Default Hey There

Mima- What makes the churchs in the south better than in the north?
It is hot now..I walked to the beach and almost got a burn.. I have been wearing sleeveless shirts as my shoulders were almost white..I like a tan..
Hello everybody..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:15 AM   #33  

We're friendlier! (And we like to eat!)
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:09 AM   #34  

Well in the north, they are friendly and like to eat. There seems to be more spirit and , Of course, we went to that huge Baptist church with the orchestra and the huge choir. Brad's church is small but there sure are wonderful people there. Threre was so much going on at the big church and I suspect your church is like that too. Meme. We got the appraisal for the condo-144,000 and I paid 66,000 4 years ago. I don't think we will get that much but we will get enough. Prices in the Northeast are skyhigh. WE do have to pay capital gains on the money -not all-just the difference in what I pd and the selling price. We are starting to fix our yard-have to put drainage in the front and driveway and then pave. It was gorgeous yesterday. And today. Kids are coming tomorrow and I will meet Suzanne's new boyfriend. Bye for now-Mima
Old 05-03-2004, 10:06 AM   #35  

Default Hey There

It looks like it has been a quiet weekend for all of us.. Monday morning as usual is is looking like a standard.. Breakfast dishes and laundry is waiting for me.. My weight is staying the same.. I need to lose a few more pounds.. I am at goal and that isn't good enough.. I need that safe zone..
It has been raining for a change.. Maybe I will get out to walk if it clears up.. Bye for now...Joanne
Old 05-03-2004, 06:49 PM   #36  

Stop worrying about your weight Joanne and eat healthy and walk-that's it and congrats that you are at goal. Did I tell you the cndo appraisal came in at 144,000-I bought it for 66,000 3 and a half years ago-that doesn't mean we will get that. Maybe I will advertise on I sold my house.com-rainy day here.Bye for now Mima
Old 05-04-2004, 01:53 AM   #37  

My scale may have been wrong cause I found out that DH has been weighing and my scale only likes one person, I guess it gets used to that weight. (it always messes up when someone other than me uses it) I will know when I weigh this week, been pretty active since my anxiety level is up right now and all the yard work.

DH droped 20 pounds just do to stress in the pass few months!

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/p...rticleID=10811

Joanne, you plant all the succulants too...like chubby finers, we have very rich black topsoil here, prime growing ground but if the weather does not cooperate then nothing will grow right!

Mima, I did not know you lived int he country. Nice huh? No wonder you have mice too. None have been in my attic since I started cleaning. Just reboxing now and going through the kids things they made in school..so many fond memories!

Meme, I gained my weight when I went on the high doese of elavil for Fibro to help me sleep. All medicines make me gain, no matter what it is, right now it is my prilosec for my stomach. I eat very healthy all the time except for the occasional cookie!

Anxiety level is high so have lots of energy to get things done..hope I can get some sleep tonight!

Son lost his cell phone...so we cannotl call him!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:18 AM   #38  

Good morning!!!It's our anniversary-2 years-but we are not going out til tomorrow night. We have had a gift certificate for 2 year to this really nice restaurant and we are finally getting to go there. It finally stopped raing: getting my hair frosted and cut today. That will be nice. I was doing some yard work last week and I hurt like crazy so be careful guys. Bye for now. Mima
Old 05-04-2004, 07:45 PM   #39  

Default Hey There

Mima-I know what you mean about worring about my weight. But, I have to stay aware. I gain so fast..I walked today..It was not so hot,but windy. They are predicting 90 by the weekend. If I were you ,I would ask at least 5000 or more higher than you will take for your condo. They always try to price you down.. Two years annivarsery. Good for you. Have fun.
Candice - that's a good one about the scale.. Do you really think the scale knows who is on it? You have so much will power ,I wish you could send me some..What are chubby finers?
Meme- You are right . We are friendlier down here. I have been in the grocery and spoke to some of the what we call "snow birds" .They looked at me like I came from MARS...No reflection on you Mima..
Hello Happy, Ally...How are you?
Bye for now..Joanne
Old 05-05-2004, 04:26 AM   #40  

Joanne..that would be chubby fingers!

Mima..Happy 2nd anniversay! Give Brad a big kiss from me! Who mows your lawn? You said you are in a country home..is there a lot to mow? WE have 2 acres..too much for us!

Ok, DH has been down (kind of depressed and stressed out) and got behind on the mowing so while he rode I walked and pushed the little mower and it is not self propelled and very heavy. I have not done this since my arms have been bad with my tendonitis so it was a real challenge, I do not think I will be doing it again! Took me two hours of continuous mowing!!!!! I will just have to get the weed wacker out I guess. But that hurts my arms too and now I have to use the trimmers around stuff, get to my weeding, get the veggie garden planted, and my flowers...no one helps me when I get behind. I cleaned the whole house yesterday by myself, my gal had a sick kid home so she cancelled. I think pusing the sweeper is easier than the mower but I would rather be outside!

I'm hurting and pooped but my anxiety has kicked in so no rest for the weary!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:03 AM   #41  

We have a tractor to mow-it's fun to drive but hurts my back so Brad does it, We are not way out in the country-I grew up in the city and then moved to a busy town so this is country to me. Actually my house growing up was next to a farm and the rooster used to wake me up every morning. I have had the munchies lately and haven't walked -it's so easy to slip. It's more fun to walk in FL. Had my hair frosted by a new girl-frosting is nice but haircut isn't. I guess I'll have to crawl back to my other girl when I need a cut. massage today!!!Bye for now Mima
Old 05-06-2004, 01:29 AM   #42  

Hi gals. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Snowed here today and the weather has turned cold. Hungry as a bear!! I wish it would settle down. Went out for dinner tonight, and twice last week. Not easy to be good when you are eating out.

Joanne, hope you are getting your walking done.

Mima - pictures of your living room, please. Happy Anniversary by the way.

Candice - busy as ever. Hope you are not hurting too much from doing all that!

Not much to report from this end. Just busy doing a lot of nothing, but it takes me forever
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:52 AM   #43  

Up in the middle of the night again (no, this is not Candice). Been lurking occasionally but not getting to post much. All the busy stuff.

Had shot in cervical spine last week because I was having pain and numbness in left arm (may have mentioned that in Dec when they were doing heart tests). Hurt more for a couple of days but doing better now.

Rehab pool finally reopened after five months for repairs. Went Tuesday. Felt good. I have lost a couple of pounds (finally). Seemed like I was plateauing for forever. Have had some decent weather but oh, so changeable.

Dh and I went to a summer theaer today and saw "Smoky Joe's Cafe". Some real talent there and good music. DH as usual didn't like it that much (I really thought he would this time).

I sure hope to be able to fall back to sleep before daylight. Slept 3 hours, woke up and am wide awake. Hard enough to get things done w/o sleep grogs.

Hope all have a good Mother's Day weekend. I suspect mine will be very quiet (my choice). Spent five of the last six weekends w/daughter and family (and saw son on at least two of those weekends), enjoy it but tiring and that many days I fall behind. Enjoyed last weekend at home.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:40 AM   #44  

Hi Anagram-hope you got back to sleep. We went to this very fancy restaurant-bill was 110$ and we had a gift certificate for 60. Food was absolutely wonderful but my stomache still hurts. Good thing I'm walking today. And it's going to be nice. Going to NY Sunday and Mon-we have tickets to the View to be in the audience and we will take in a show Sunday night. Love my sister-in-law-we have such a great time together. Oh yeah-a little shopping too. Finaly bought some pansies. Bye Mima
Old 05-07-2004, 09:28 AM   #45  

Default Hey There

Good Morning- Happy- SNOW!We are in shorts and t-shirts down here. I get the hungry days too and it doesn't have to be cold for it.. I try to walk as many days as possible. Today may not be the one but as it stays light till 8.30 I may still go. This time of the year the beach is the place to go.. Sunsets are nice.
Mima- I stayed on goal this past week.. I gave the program last night . Maybe I got to a few..I try to be educational and not boring. Pancys are winter flowers here. Going to get my hair cut today..
Anagram- It is nice to be able to go to a pool whenever you want. If I ever hit the lotto I may give that some thoughts. But ,I only live a mile from the gulf of mexico so that is where I might go to walk in the water.
Hello everybody. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! My son is coming over and we will probably cook out,,Watch it rain!...Bye, Joanne