Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 04:39 PM   #16  

Meme, congratulations. That sounds so exciting and it also sounds like a lot of work. I know you will enjoy it. As for a vacation, you can come stay with me. I will leave my granddaughter at her house (which is usually where she is anyway). We can walk by the lake, which should become a lake again by the end of the month, instead of a icefisherman hideaway, a skidoers paradise, and the skating is done for this year.

Candice, I sure hope your shoulder is feeling better. Did all that start when you started doing the light weight exercises? My arm is still really sore, as well as both knees. Just don't know when it is going to come, but I sure would like to see it all just plain leave!

Phyllis - Don't let your DIL get you down. Some people just don't appreciate much, I guess. I wish you could feel better, so you could go out and meet some people.
I think that is what would help a lot with the pain as well. It is called diversion. It helps me a lot. If I am busy I can't sit and think about how much everything hurts. I think Meme is trying to outrun all her pain - and I hope that she does!!

Ally - Hi. I would have drowned him I think. Imagine coming in to get water. Can't he buy it in the store instead of getting in your face. I guess if you have a platonic relationship it is ok, but if not, then I think you are a saint.

Take care all.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:10 PM   #17  

Default I worked in the yard today!

Wonder if I will have to pay for it tomorrow! We are gonna get Meme's rain this week too!

I told my older son about my arm and to send laundry home today (he only has a small load) not like my other son who wears enough to keep an army clothed and has been doing his own the last year, so I could get it done before my shot on Wed if I get It and looks like I'm gonna! Both boys sent laundry home six loads of heavy clothes...just what my arm needs! I will be up all night doing it... was gonna bake but don't know if that will get done!

Meme..sounds like the kind of work you love to do! You wouldn't want to vacation here..too dirty! No kids though just cats and a dog!

Ann..it'smy elbow that hurts and how is your arm..is it a muscle thing or joint thing?

Hi Ally and Toots.. gotta go do laundry!
Old 04-03-2001, 12:11 AM   #18  

Default lost a post again!

Hi Ladies, this afternoon I wrote a loverly note to "you all" and I did something to lose it again. Any how, once again today was not too bad, and I would have saved a lot of pain if I went in to see the Dr. last week. I should have insisted, pain doesn't wait and I think it wears you down.
So Candice, I took a shot in the butt, and so far some pain is already gone.It comes down from the hip joint to front of the thigh and down under the knee to the right calf.

I have tickets to go back to NY for a visit and I hope I will not be needing the crutch and the walking stick.

It's positive now, I have arthritis in the spine and slight in the hip and the bone density tests show some bone lose but not bad enought that some treatment will help to minimize further lose.This Rehumi is really nice, after she gave me the horse shot, she massaged the area to get the med around and alleviate the pain. NO OTHER DR EVER DID THAT AFTER A SHOT!!!

Candice, you will feel like a new person and you will be able to do everybody's laundry after the shot.
and Meme with all the work that she has done I can't imagine why she doesn't need a shot to keep going!

I found carb solutions which is a protein bar that is low carb/sugar and is reasonably priced to have when you are out and you need something to hold you off until supper.I made chicken salad this afternoon for lunch and had an apple for breakfast and one of those bars earlier this evening and I'm not hungry now and it's almost 11pm.Hopefully, it stay's this way and maybe the scale will start moving downward once again.

Did you all see the womwn's world paper at the supermarket? Some lady lost mucho pounds eating a modified diet of subway sandwiches!! She lost lots of weight, but she described her self as eating bags and bags of chips and stuff before this. In fact I think she reported losing 22 pounds the first two weeks.
I don't eat anything like that or the amount so what's going on in my bod???

That's why she's in the magazine, that has to be unusual.
Well gotta go. Alley, your beloved should treat you better!Does he have a new lady in his life or does he free lance all over the place? Just get your weight down and when you are ready to buy new clothes then your revenge will be for him to see you so glamorus.My beloved is supposed to come down to Texas and if I don't lose weight I will not have anything to crow about.
So I have to get my revenge someother way.

Trumps first wife said that being blonde was her revenge. But she has bundles of money to keep her cozy. I wish I could win the Texas lottery so that I could have the bestest revenge of all!!!!!!!

ta ta sleep well my ladies
Old 04-03-2001, 03:50 PM   #19  

OK Anne, count me in! When's good for you?
Candice, dirt doesn't bother me (if it did I'd have to move!) When do you want me???

I'm hoping to get a long weekend the last weekend in this month and the first weekend in May. Hubby and I have tentatively (holding my breath) made plans with another couple to go to Pigeon Forge April 27 & 28. There is a new restaurant/club that has opened up there that has (supposedly) wonderful steaks and live entertainment. Hubby's guys(that work for him) got him passes for 2 for one free night up there last Christmas and we haven't gotten to use them yet. Then I have an app. in Nashville for a mammogram on Friday, May 4th and another app. to see the Dr. on Monday, May 7th so I'm going to go up and Fri. and stay the whole 4 days! ALONE!!! I'm really looking forward to that one! I'm not sure I can get a baby sitter worked out for both Fridays. I HAVE to have the friday in May off, though, so if it comes down to just one, I'll have to miss the trip to Pigeon Forge. Any of you ever been to Gatlinburg in the Smokeys? It is only about 2 1/2 hrs. from here and we go there for quick weekend getaways a lot. There is A LOT of factory outlet stores in Pigeon Forge and a lot of entertainment there and in Gatlinburg, too. It's a fun place to go...a lot of people like Dolly Wood but I've never been, hubby doesn't much like places like that!

I have 3 kids again today. Had Ross and Jenna last night, took Ross to preschool at 9 and picked up Garrett for lunch and then went and got Kaylyn at 12:30 and of course I've had Jenna all day. She's my side-kick (literally!) Hubby will get Ross from daycare when he gets off work and I'll have all 4 until sometime tonight. They make me tired! If running could take you away from the pain I'd never have an ache but I'm afraid it isn't that simple ladies! There's no shot to keep me going...just plain old necessity! Babies don't wait until you feel like taking care of them!!!
Old 04-03-2001, 07:14 PM   #20  

Default Hello Fibrogals

Meme - You can come anytime you like. I really hope that you can get away both times, but if not, the time alone will be the best. Just rest and shopping! What more could you want to do, besides find a hottub or whirlpool maybe. You are just like the energizer bunny, girl, you just keep going, and going, and going.

Phyllis - how wonderful that you can go back to NY for a visit. I think that is necessary so you can get grounded again, and then when you go back, join a couple of groups, meet some people, and start to have fun. That will help with the pain quite a bit.

Candice - My arm is sore in the muscles between the shoulder and the elbow. Just throbs. Pulled some muscles and tendons in it quite a few years ago, but don't recall hurting it at all. Just kind of started out of nowhere, just like all the rest of this darn pain. My knees are throbbing away as well, but I believe that it is caused from the lower back. Go for the needle and enjoy at least having your arm painfree.

Ally - Hope your weekend was good.

I went to my daughters in Edmonton for the weekend. It was my granddaughters birthday party (she is actually 3 today) on Sunday. These little people sure grow fast. Never had time to realize how fast when they were mine. Now I see how fast it is, and it makes my head swim.

Now to some serious stuff - I can't seem to get motivated to stick on my diet! Now that is terrible, because Ihave lost 16 pounds and I want to continue. I just get feeling so tired, that I eat to many carbs rtrying to wake myself up - not working anyway, so might as well save the calories. I have to get back on track - no I WILL GET BACK ON TRACK.

Have a nice evening everyone.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:47 PM   #21  

Hi All. AOL was busy last nite. I couldn't get anywhere. Computer experts? Got any idea why I am having a problem getting an attachment forwarded to me? Someone said to check my settings...don't see anything there. This only happens from one particular person who forwards jokes to a whole group. They get it, I don't. (that is not a pun)

Candice....I would love to have a dress come that is too big. I have a bag from LL BEan that I haven't even opened cause I am afraid the pants won't fit. I didn't want to pay extra for Woman's size. Just got reg size 16.

Happy...No way am I a saint. I am a jerk.
By the time I woke up and realized how depressed and needy my hubby is, I was pregnant with twins.
He has not had a date since we split almost 8 years ago. He insists he has no money......but against my wishes and without my approval he has located and purchased two old junker cars for my kids. They are not even 16 yet. He is one of those men who are scared that their kids are going to just walk out of their lives so he keeps them coming back by letting them get away with stuff like this. My kids have threatened to walk away. He whines, gets mean, argues, has brought them home in the middle of the night etc, etc.
Right now he is Mr Wonderful because of these cars, and I am losing ground by the second.
THEY ARE NOT READY FOR CARS!!! Rowdy kids from the other side of the tracks chased them home today on their bikes. I just want to cry. I feel like I have no control.

And Tootie.....Subway diet. Those people have a lot of weight to lose. They eat two subs and a bag of chips a day. An unbelievable decrease over their normal eating habits. Here in NYS we were introduced on TV to Jared...he started this whole thing and lost 150lbs. He is a shy sweet looking kid. I saw him on a talk show. He has gained so much notoriety. BUT he says more than the diet was the fact that he walked miles and miles each day.
When are you coming to NY? Be careful ...you know NY in Spring. Today was an unexpected nice day. About 50. Tomorrow we could have a snow storm.
My Doc was forced out of his practice. He is the part-timer...not bringing enough money into the practice and health Ins cut their rates. I am transferred to the vivacious and THIN Doc who knows it all (and we know nothing)
And I have PMS!!!
Old 04-04-2001, 04:29 AM   #22  

Default Howdy Gals!

Well today is shot day if I don't chicken out! I'm sore today from the yard yesterday..figured that would happen, I should learn to take it very slow the first time out...but you gals know how that goes!

Got the laundry done..I was up untill 7Am doing it! Now we are told we need a new rust filter! I kept telling DH the water was too rusty..it was staining stuff! He never listens ...just does what he wants at his own pace! Men!!!!!!!

Meme....don't know where you will sleep and you will hate my old computer!LOL But come on anyway! I know...you can stop here and get me on your way to Anne's and I will go with you!

Ally..know what you mean about the doc!!!!!!!!! Your x sounds like a real jerk!!!!!!! Did the pants fit?????

Is your mail you are not getting an attachment on through an email group like egroups...cause then you won't get any attachements.....that is what they told me!

Toots..so you had a shot in the a** so we could say you are a pain in the a** We would never! Nice doc..glad it helped.

Anne...get ready for Meme and me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Candicej; 04-04-2001 at 04:41 AM.
Old 04-04-2001, 08:25 PM   #23  

Candice....The dress I got from LL Bean looks like a tent. Already shoved it back in the bag. I have the pants on a hanger, but I think they might have to go back too.
I think their stuff runs big, so I'm not feeling like I am ultra skinny.
I also used a gift certificate and instead they charged my Visa. That tickes me off.
There is nothing like shopping in a store.
Now, if I could only get all stores to buy those skinny circus mirrors.
Almost 50 degrees today and yesterday. Walked too much. Legs are really aching but it was worth it.
Old 04-05-2001, 12:29 AM   #24  

Default Got the shot!

That's it for now!
Old 04-05-2001, 03:11 AM   #25  

Default hope the shot helps

Well, the first day the shot worked beautiful. It is still working but not down the leg.She did say that she thinks that is caused by a pinched nerve. I know that if I lose some of this weight, the pinched nerve thing can ease up also.
So, Candice, don't overdo so the shot can work well and maybe you will not need another until a year or so from now.
So this is my second day on Neurontin and the first night I did sleep and was amazed at the two blocks of time I slept. from 10 to about 5am and then again until 9:30 am,but tonight here I am at 2am and no sleep with the same dose as last night.
I'm hurting all over just sitting down.
Would you believe I have turned the furnace off? and have it on automatic air?

gooday ya all!!.
Old 04-05-2001, 11:46 AM   #26  

WOW...all these shots...don't know what to say! Hope they are helping you guys! We changed insurance companies back in Feb. and my reg. doc. is not on the new Ins. My d-i-l started going to a D.O. a couple of months ago and she loves him...says he does neck and back adjustments. You call him the day or the day before you want to see him and he gets you in right then...no 2 week appts. I called them this morning to see if they would take my Ins and they said yes! I'm going to try them for my next gold shot. I was having to pay $77 a pop with my reg doc. so they fixed it so I could go to the clinic and get it but now I'll be able to go to the Dr. and get it. I just hope I like him as well as my d-i-l does. She has wierd tastes! I always dread going to a new Dr.

Ally...about the attachments...it is probably not your computer...if your server is AOL that is probably your problem. My son and my hubby both have people sending them attachments at work all the time and they said that customers who use AOL have a lot of trouble sending and receiving attachments. Also, I have had several people who are using AOL e-mail me that they can't get some of my web pages.

Candice, when do you want to go??? That would be sooo much fun. How long would it take us to drive to Anne's? I really need a break but I don't know if my body could stand THAT MUCH of a break or not! What with having to stop and stretch and walk every hour or two it would probably take us 2 or 3 days to get there!

My d-i-l was too sick to keep her kids Mon. and Tues. but she took off to East TN this morning!?! And I'm stuck with her dog. So I have 2 dogs to take out every 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. plus a baby I'm trying to potty train. I just get the last one done and it's time to start over again!
Old 04-05-2001, 07:51 PM   #27  

Default You both got shot

so I hope that you are feeling better. Phyllis, are you feeling better today. That would be awful to have the shot and then not get the relief you are supposed to get. How about you Candice, does your arm feel better today?

Ally - take it easy with that walking. My knees have been giving me trouble this past week - again. Hard to walk when they hurt. Don't worry about losing weight. Buy something that you like right now, and enjoy wearing that until such time as you do lose! We women are so unaccepting of ourselves. I don't know that it really matters. I really don't feel any different - just know that I look better.

Meme - It would probably take a few days to get here. When shall I expect you? Maybe Ally and Phyllis want to come along. You just need to fly to Calgary airport and I'll come get you all. Well that is a dream, but it would be a riot, I think.

Went to the Chiro yesterday and also had a massage, and today, I am really hurting. Have taken 222's, Tylenol 3's and still have this stupid pain. Wish it would just go away for a while anyway. Went and got my haircut this afternoon as well.

I am having Easter here. There will be approx. 25-30 people coming for dinner and the day. Don't know quite how I am going to get through this, but I will somehow. What are you all doing for Easter?
Old 04-06-2001, 04:10 PM   #28  

Default Candice

This is for you
Old 04-06-2001, 07:02 PM   #29  

Meme...Do you think I can blame my lack of graphics on AOL too? I did try your plan and got thru and thought I had chosen a pic, and NOTHING. I find that I have very little patience for learning something new anymore. I don;t know that it is age. I think it is a little brain fog. I HATE having to read something over and over. I had to take a migraine pill after doing my taxes.
I had Capital gains cause I cashed in a Mutual fund to get my house carpeted. You should see the carpet now. Doggy brown. It should be "stupid enough to buy CREAM when you have teens and dogs".

It is beloved night. He is here to steal some water.
I am glad to be single on Friday nites.
I am going to heat up some chicken, make a salad, pop in a movie and RELAX.......

Happy...yeah. I am keeping the pants I got even tho they are kind of baggy. They are comfortable and that is the look I can have right now. Sleek is out.
A friend has a picture of me on her desk holding her baby and it is a close up flash. I look like an elephant.
I want to steal that picture. Or just borrow it and white out a few chins.

Candice....Hope the shot works. And Tootie, glad you are feeling relief. I have read about neurontin.
Here's my dream.....that I can walk more and more this summer and get rid of at least one roll of flab and one chin. Actually I don't think I have a double chin, unless I am looking down at my chest.
And I don;t do that too much.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. I am counting on a nice one.
Old 04-06-2001, 07:55 PM   #30  

Going to try put in a picture here.
Closed Thread