Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 11:52 AM   #1  

Post Lowered my Cholesterol

Thought I would share some info, maybe this will help someone. I'm a person that has a weight problem and decide to try thre Atkins Diet. I foundf It's difficult to stay on the diet. But, over the past 6 months I did drop 40 points on my cholesterol, and a few pounds.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #2  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default Hello...

I'm on the Atkins program, too.

I had dangerously high triglycerides (nearly 800) for many years and low-fat diets did not budge that number.

My cholesterols were all normal with total cholesterol being 150 no matter what I ate.

Since being on the Atkins program, my triglycerides have dropped to 103. My cholesterols are still the same as before Atkins.

This is a wonderful thing!!! My doctor was so thrilled that he called me personally to tell me to keep doing whatever I'm doing!!!

Also interesting is the fact that my husband has always had super labs. He had a physical done about two months into the Atkins program and his labs are still wonderful!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 03:27 AM   #3  
ChewGirl

Hey Yawl,
Great job to both of you. I too have my cholesterol in check now. What a relief it is. The Atkins diet is going well for me. I've been on it for 3 months now and I love to try out the recipes on the Atkins website. It keeps things from getting boring. I've lost 16lbs so far and even though I feel like it is coming off slowly, I am still determined. I see this as a new way of eating that can only benefit me and my family. Good luck to you and try new ways of preparing the foods you love to keep you motivated.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:21 PM   #4  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

That is great news. Thanks for sharing as those of us that are doing low carb to get a handle on cholesterol and blood pressure need to hear the success stories of others. I have lost about 7 lbs. since January 2nd. I have so far to go I can't believe that I let it get this bad and out of control.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:40 PM   #5  

I'm confused on what diet to do...I'd been doing S. Beach, and had my cholesterol checked...it was 225 with finger prick first time. I stopped eating eggs and anything cholesterol and two weeks later it was 265 with full lipid panel. So, I'm not sure I was better off or not sticking to S. Beach/eating eggs! I'm waiting for my consult on Tuesday to decide what to do next. I'm only 37 and about 15 lbs overweight. I think the cholesterol thing is genetic. The good C. was 78 and the bad C. was 165? Any suggestions?
Closed Thread