Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:19 AM   #1  

Unhappy Pre-diabetic trying to lose weight

Hi there,

I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, I'm 26 now. I had thyroid cancer in 2012 and had my thyroid removed, which has only made my weight issue even harder to manage.

Anyway, more recently, my doctor ran a bunch of blood tests for me and it showed insulin resistance so she suggested going on a strict diet to see if it helps and do more blood tests in 3 months.

Well, I'm trying my best to go low carb but I'm having an issue of just literally never ever being full. I go to bed hungry every night and wake up feeling sick/stomach issues every morning. I feel like maybe I'm not eating enough? But I do eat snacks throughout the day, eat a good size meal in the evening.

I'm just not sure what to do, it really sucks feeling miserable every morning.
Should I try to find an actual "weight-loss" doctor? Would therapy/counseling help?

I know there's a lot to unpack there, but any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
sarangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/189/150

Height: 5'3

Hi, I struggle with diabetes, too, so I know what you're going through.

I suggest you start logging all your food in an online tracker, such as MyFitnessPal, Fitday, or Lose it. This will help you see exactly how much you are eating, otherwise, it's difficult to say you are overeating or undereating. You need to find out if what you are feeling is true hunger, or just appetite for foods you are missing. It will also tell you how many carb grams you are eating. Eliminate all junk food carbs, like salty snacks and sugar and make sure the carbs you ARE eating are healthy carbs, like vegetables. Most fruits have too much sugar for diabetics, but berries are good. You can have starchy carbs, like bread, pasta, rice,potatoes, but in very small servings. Fat, such as cheese, can help with hunger. A cube of cheese, or two. Exercise will help, too. Moderate exercise, like a brisk walk, will help regulate blood sugar and blunt hunger.

This is not going to happen overnight. Make gradual changes that you can live with. If you are truly hungry, eat something, but something that is nutritinally dense. You can do this!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:15 PM   #3  
Associatesinhealth

For weight loss, I think you need to make a calorie chart that you should take. For this online dietary assessment can help you. Fill out basic detail and get the dietary chart instantly. You can make it on Associatesinhealth
Associatesinhealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
always hungry, insulin resistance, low carb