Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 10:41 PM   #46  

Mima..that sounds aobut right for the vet! Pets are expensive if you take care fo them right! I was DR. Phil...enjoyed it very much but I already knew most of what he was saying even the tips they gave us!

Well DH's BD was quiet but nice, The cake is so yummy and DQ ice cream too! Gonna have to tape my mouth shut I guess! I made a new Chicken recipe from Martha Stewart, really good.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #47  

Default Hey There

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANAGRAM
I HOPE YOUR DAY IS THE BEST ONE OF THIS YEAR...Go somewhere and have a nice meal and enjoy every bite... Have a cake...Do only the things you want to do..
Mima- I don't watch Dr. Phill.. I am really not a fan of his...
Vet bills are the worst. They almost cost as much as Dr. bills for humans if not more. That is one of the reasons we no longer have a pet..
My daughter talked me into buying the South Beach Diet book.. It is interesting. I am going to try and not eat carbs and see what happens. If it bothers me I'll might just reduce them and go to phase 2...Carbs are my weak spot anyhow...
Candice- Thank God your son wasn't in his car or in the area.. Hope she went to jail..
My eating has been out of control for over a week. I will try to be very strick for awhile. I told my hubby that the house was being cleared of all his junk and he was going on a strick eating plan with me. He yelled! Toooooooo BaaaaaaD!!!!!!!!
Hello Ally ,Meme, Happy....Hope you all are well,
Joanne
Old 09-15-2003, 01:12 AM   #48  

The South Beach Diet... That's just like Atkin's except it's just really strict for a couple of weeks and then you start adding the carbs back ... right? You are supposed to lose 8 - 13 pounds the first couple of weeks and then you add the carbs back slowly the next 4 weeks until you are eating normally again (whatever the heck normal is!!!) In all the years I've been dieting, I've never really figured that out (normal, that is). I don't like eating breakfast most of the time. A lot of the time I'm not hungry at lunch time so if normal is 3 'balanced' meals a day that lets me out!

I read in 'Woman's World' magazine yesterday about a diet these women were doing (a Dr/nutritionist figured it out) where you eat an apple about 30 minutes before each meal and you lose huge amounts of weight. Something about the pectin in the apples. Here's an excerpt from the article.

"Three apples will increase your daily fiber consumption by about 15 grams, and Tufts University researchers have found that folks who added just 14 grams of the tummy-filling stuff automatically reduced their calorie consumption by 10%. And the soluble fiber in apples, called pectin, has even more power to kill appetites than ordinary fiber. Pectin eliminates the urge to eat for up to four hours, according to a study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition.
The reason? Laboratory tests have demonstrated that pectin, which is used as a thickener in jellies and jams, thickens in the digestive tract, creating a lasting sensation of fullness. There's still more: University of California at Davis scientists have evidence that pectin activates hormones that tell the brain to stop eating!"

This Dr. said she discovered this by accident. She was helping one of her patients eat more fruit and the only fruit she really liked was apples. She came back after a week of eating apples and had lost a pound and a half of pure body fat! She said her overweight patients that used the apple approach lost 3 times more weight than the ones who didn't. So...I went out and bought 15 apples ... gonna try (yet again) ... another Monday hopeful ... coming up!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 06:19 AM   #49  

Go to next thread 104
Closed Thread