Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #16  
Noob to weight loss

S/C/G: 155/147/125

Height: 5'3

Do you know the Fable de la Fontaine? It's short stories for children with great value. My favorite is the rabbit and the turtle. They race, but since the rabbit is so fast, he takes a nap, and oversleep and the turtle wins. I identify as the rabbit, as soon as I see progress I dont feel the urgent need to lose weight and so, who cares if I gain a few pounds back, I'm gonna lose them quickly again. But I don't. Maybe that's just cause I really like to over eat, it's one of my guilty pleasure in afoody. Being skinny means to stop it, or control it a lot more.
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:27 AM   #17  

Yeah, I have the same problem and I think bad experiences in the past affect our mind to try new methods or diets. I suggest you read 'The Power of Habit' book because it helped me a lot for these problems.
aydaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:39 AM   #18  

I was overweight in high school and was rejected by all the girls I invited to the prom. It was a terrible experience in my life that influenced my dating life now.
IlliaKhmaladze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:07 PM   #19  

Default Breaking the cycle

Before we even begin a weight-loss plan, it pays to remember this: You are not fat. You have fat. Losing weight isn't about blame or shame; it's simply another achievement to accomplish.

We're bound to accept that there's nothing wrong in the first place, and what we do is simply another way forward of self improvement.

Zanaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:07 AM   #20  

It happens but you should stick with your goals.
Gary017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:20 PM   #21  

It can definitely be from anxiety. At the start of my last bout of anxiety I lost 10 pounds in a few weeks and dipped below 100 pounds. But I was eating maybe 1 full meal a day. One thing that helped me during that time was eating almonds throughout the day. I found them easy to digest. Unfortunately all that not eating had other effects on my health that I'm still trying to get over just try to eat healthy food and keep exercising !
Torbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:16 AM   #22  

Many facets of your emotional health, including sleep, energy, vitality, and mood, improve when you lose weight. Your self-assurance, view on life, perception of your body, and social life can all be directly impacted by all of these.
timmothysmith01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 05:42 PM   #23  

Very interesting!
Jenkins83Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote