Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 06:19 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #94

Hi guys-Done with working and not sure I should take that job again-I had an IBS attack yesterday-course there were PUBLIC restrooms. And I had to walk around a lot or sit in uncomfortable chairs. Here I am whining. At least it ws raining so I was inside anyways. Nicer today and I have to weigh in -did not do well. That was a great joke , Anne. I hope the snow goes fast-how depressing!Gail, I sold my house right after my kids graduated from college-they were not happy because they had to move out but I couldn't take care of it anymore. Now I have a house again because I remarried-you never know!!!And my son bought his own house which was a good investment, Bye for now Mima-I am so tired!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 09:38 AM   #2  

Default Hey There

Mima- I can relate to IBS attacks.. I have to be careful,which I am not as often as I should, or I am stuck to the restrooms too.
I weighed in last night and was lucky to get a turtle.We haven't had a meeting in 3 weeks and everyone agreed that was too long. I have 12 lbs to lose to get to the goal weight that the Doctor set for me. I hope I can make it. It is really hard for me. I am so addicted to some baggy junk food. My fault.
I hope you will be feeling better soon.
I am going to Norfolk to see my G/son arrive on the Truman in just over a week ,I think. If anyone has ever seen one of those ships pull up to the dock, they will say how awesome a sight it is. I was very impressed the last time I went there. It will put a lump in your throat every time. All those sailors maning the rails.
Got to get busy...Joanne
Old 05-10-2003, 06:19 AM   #3  

I had to log in because I deleted all my cookies yesterday!I have been having trouble with my computer so I called Sam's-I have a warranty with them-and he told me to do a virus scan-seems I have 16 files affected by 2 viruses.Not sure that is the reason why my computer acts up but I am going tyo buy a virus protection system. And it will clean them up. He sid there ws no system on my computer. strange ! Started to paint the woodwork in the kitchen so I can get my walllpaper on-But today I hav eto clean and go shopping for mother's ady. I made the mistake saying I didn't want to go out biut my son is going to put together my swing!That we got for Christmas from my other son. Today is the interment at the cemetery for the ashes-glad when that's over-seems Brad has not been himself this week. Getting upset about things .Have a great Mother's Day everyone. mima
Old 05-10-2003, 07:13 PM   #4  

Default Hey There

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
I hope everyone has a Great Day .
I will stay quiet. My son will cook out. All I'll do is make a salad.
I did pretty good with my eating till supper tonight. I ate 2 pieces of pizza and some wings. I seldon do that. But what the heck.
I will be good next week and hope to lose a pound by thrusday.
Bye all stay well...Joanne
Old 05-11-2003, 05:34 AM   #5  

Well..we made it though 3 days of severe weather! Tonight we spent two hours in the basement waiting for it to pass and since it is still dark out we do not know if we have any damage...some places not to far from here were flattened (so the news said).

DS was driving home in all this and yelled at us cause we had the outside door locked and he couldn't get in! It was kinda funny..he was drenched...looked like a wet puppy! I hate these storms...too many tonados this season!

Friday I went to the small local nursery and bought $200.00 worth of bedding plants. Now to get it all in and not have it destroyed by storms! It is all stored in the gargage and the gargare is still standing..........Need to get it in within the next week or so.

Have any of you heard of these candy bars?

http://www.awesomebrands.com/index.cfm
Old 05-11-2003, 05:38 AM   #6  

Raven..so you are saying you have never been without kids at home? I'm getting used to my son being here and he is a good kid too..but we just got used to being alone(4 years and now he is back but leaving in August for school.) My older son does still not have a job so he could be moving back!
Old 05-11-2003, 06:45 AM   #7  

Happy Mother's day cyberfriends!!!I didn't realize you were getting the tornadoes Candice. Glad you are ok. We get tornado warnings sometimes-had a big one in 53 when I was 14. Spent last night getting rid of my viruses and installing a program to protect. Couldn't fix 8 of the files but did fix 16 of them . Amazing technology. Kids are coming over today-son is going to put together lawn swing, daughter is bringing some food. someone will cook steaks that i am marinating. Hubby isn't sure of his role.Had the cemetery service and then Brads brother and his wife came over-later we went out for the big Chinese buffet, I need not say more.Have a great day everyone. Mima
Old 05-11-2003, 02:17 PM   #8  

Happy Mother's Day all.
I have a flat tire, that is all it takes to get me to cry. I HATE car problems. That is why I bought a newer car in August and sold my old one to my son.
My sons do not understand why I get so upset. I think it is because car stuff is totally out of my realm and it entails going into a man's world and relying on them to help me. At the car dealorship they will make me wait for hours, then tell me it will cost over $100 to fix. It always does. Also this week, the air conditioning only works on the driver's side. On the passenger side it is hot air. I was going to wait a while on that.
This is going to send me right to the sugar. My kids just bought me candy.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:32 PM   #9  

Happy Mother's Day ladies!!

Hope you all enjoyed a day of pampering. Was a WINDY day here, but my kids, my mom and I all went out to dinner. Had a nice time.
No Candice, I have yet to live without any kids at home, but the time is coming this year. I'm sure I'll enjoy the quiet times again, but I think I'll miss them too. As it is now, between working and and going out every night with friends, they really aren't home much except to sleep and occasionally have dinner with us.
Hope the weather clears up and I can get out and walk tomorrow. I missed today because of the rain.
Take care,

Gail
Old 05-12-2003, 03:02 PM   #10  

hi guys-next year I am going out to eat-it was very busy but nice-staek was tough, I got a nice surprise in the morning wken I tries on one of my new dresses and it fit and actually did not make me look fat. Progress-son was trying to put tgether the new swing -lots of broken and missing parts!!Called the company so I have to get off so they can return my call.Too bad we got it in Dec-didn't open it til yesterday. They were nice. Hope your car got fixed easily Ally. Do you have triple A? Course they don't pay for things. Bye for now Mima
Old 05-13-2003, 12:28 AM   #11  

Glad to hear everyone had a nice Mother's Day. I went out to eat with my kids. Then came home and took a nap. Nice day! I got four hanging pots of flowers (I like to hang them on my front porch) and seasonal tickets to the Cumberland Playhouse - for six seats! That means we get to go to 3 plays! And Cats is playing this summer.

I'm in the middle of a flare up...all the storms and tornados I guess. Tennessee has really taken a beating over the last few weeks. The girls who rent our mobile home next to us have been over here three nights in the last couple of weeks and stayed in our basement. I've had to back off the gold pills. They were making me so sick. And now the arthritis pain is coming back big time. Between that and the weather it hurts to move. I told hubby tonight that I would like to just go to bed and stay there for a couple of weeks ...not have to move. So... he said you'll just have to make the time and do it! I just sat there a looked at him... I said how am I supposed to do that. Tomorrow I'll have Kaylyn all day plus I have 5 piano students. Wednesday you told the preacher we'd do refreshments at church so I have to go to Cookeville and pick up something plus I have a mystery shop I have to do at a bank then I have to go to church and SERVE the refreshments you promised to bring. Then Thursday I have Kaylyn again... I think I got my point across. I go back to the Rheumatologist a week from tomorrow. Maybe he will have some magical potion that will transport me to instant wellness overnight.

Gotta go take a shower and go to bed. We're getting more rain Wednesday and Thursday. Oh Joy!
Old 05-13-2003, 12:35 AM   #12  

Subject: 19 Good Things About CFS/FMS

Nineteen Good Things About CFS/FMS

What's so wonderful about CFS/FMS? Not much, you probably think.
But there's a lot of stuff going on in my life that I'd never even
dreamed of BC (before CFS/FMS). Let me tell you about some of these
dubious joys.

GOOD THING NUMBER 1: I have entered several contests I have a good
chance of winning, e.g. Cognitive Dysfunction Poster Child. First
prize is a 5-year membership in Medicine of the Month Club. I don't
remember what second prize is, which increases my chances of winning.

GOOD THING NUMBER 2: I have saved money on books. Cognitive
dysfunction allows me to read the very same book I read last week
without recalling the ending. (After a month or two, the title
doesn't even sound familiar.)

GOOD THING NUMBER 3: I am a cheap date. I don't drink alcohol or
eat fancy desserts, having eliminated sugar from my diet. Such a
deal!

GOOD THING NUMBER 4: I have found myself to be precocious. Elderly
people complain of symptoms I've had for many years: short-term
memory impairment, aches and pains, energy depletion, and difficulty
getting around, to name a few.

GOOD THING NUMBER 5: I can fool people. I can be sick without even
looking sick. Ha, ha, joke's on them.

GOOD THING NUMBER 6: A relatively good day feels wonderful.
"Civilians" have to have a much more wonderful day to think
it's wonderful.

GOOD THING NUMBER 7: I've made new friends! I am on a first-name
basis with my doctors, their staffs, several pharmacists, and even my
insurance company's claims representatives.

GOOD THING NUMBER 8: I have something legitimate to complain about.
You know those people who "have it all" and complain
anyway? I have no respect for them; I have a genuine problem, which
is even acknowledged now by the popular press and progressive members
of the medical community.

GOOD THING NUMBER 9: When asked at the doctor's office if I've met
my deductible for the year, I can say "Yes!" even if it's
only mid-January.

GOOD THING NUMBER 10: I've been studying chronic illness in great
depth since I got it (or it got me) back in late 1984. Never have I
been such an expert on anything.

GOOD THING NUMBER 11: I don't have to make the bed any more because
chances are I'll be back in it before long.

GOOD THING NUMBER 12: I am easy to find. Although I sometimes
venture as far as an office or store, I'm generally at home.

GOOD THING NUMBER 13: Let's skip 13. I'm not superstitious, but you
can't be too careful these days.

GOOD THING NUMBER 14: No batteries, assembly, or special equipment
are required. Chronic illness just runs on its own.

GOOD THING NUMBER 15: I have actually heard a few doctors say,
"I don't know." This has not been known to occur among
members of the general population.

GOOD THING NUMBER 16: I have acquired quite a lounging/sleeping
wardrobe, which can be described as funky yet tasteless. But it's so
comfy.

GOOD THING NUMBER 17: I have weeded out my friend list, which now
contains only those who are understanding and caring.

GOOD THING NUMBER 18: Dysequilibrium saves money on amusement park
admissions. The same sensations can be produced virtually anywhere
at no cost.

GOOD THING NUMBER 19: Short-term memory deficit allows me to hide my
own Easter eggs.

I can only think of nineteen good things about CFS/FMS so far. So
what? -- David Letterman can only think of ten of anything, and I'll
bet he doesn't write his own lists. If nineteen isn't enough for
you, maybe you should consider getting some other disease with better
fringe benefits.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:48 AM   #13  

News from my area (central Illinois) ...The news said it was a long track F3 tonado, which means it stayed on the ground for 19 miles straight and was 3/4 of a mile wide at 200 - 250 miles per hr. Everyone had good warning so their are no fatalities but those poor people who lost everything and have no insurance..just so sad! We had no damage this time around, thank the Lord! (oh it was about 20 miles from here) and there were 5 tonados total in 2 hours. Several p;laces are still without power, including my DH's work and MIL house..glad she is not staying here!

......I bought impatients(coral), begonias( pink dark leaf), bacopa, vinca vine, ivy,marigolds (big yellow ones for my garden), ageratem (blue), salvia(red), vinca(gape cooler), Butterfly plant (looks like yellow daises), Samantha Lantana (yellow with varigated leaves), nemesia (little purple flowers), Licorice plant , verbinias and two hanging baskets (bright pink gerainiums and new guinia impatients. (excuse the spelling of the flowers!) I already have my pansies potted. Oh picked up 8 tomatoe plants too but too wet here to put anything in yet and more rain coming this week. I hear ya screaming Meme!

ally..I know what you mean about the cars and being a man thing! I hate dealing with men on anything..they think we are so stupid I bought some after Easter hersheys chocolate bunnies on sale for you..I am eating them so you are probably safe from them! I also made brownies tonight................Hum.....yesterday I had no appetite and ate way below pts.

Mima..sounds like you had a ncie day..what kind of steaks? Yummy!

Today was cleaning day and we did the bathroom from head to toe! So of course I am hurting!
Old 05-13-2003, 05:51 AM   #14  

I am glad you are safe Candice-that posting was really funny.I bought thwe wrong kind of steak and even though I marinated it for 24 hours, it was still tough. Went for a nice massage yesterday-even fell asleep. Last night we went through some pictures that brda;s sister had put together. His younger brother didn't come -he is having a hard time and he is the executor of the estate and not moving very fast to sell the house. Actually he wants to rent it but he can't make that decision by himself. We got some hopefully good news yesterday-former girlfriend wants brad to sign off on her house-he has a lien against it cuz she owes him money-and he won't sign unless she gives us the money.I hope he doesn't weaken cuz it would be nice and it's only fair/I am going to paint today and try to do some more poly....but not too much. only bought pansies so far-I saved my geraniums and they are starting to bloom inside. They will be pretty with the light gray house and window boxes. like you Candice, I love plants but need more perannuals SP? aND IT'S COLD HERE TIL jUNE SO i DON'T DARE PUT ANYTHING OUT. Caps locked. Hope you feel better Meme. Doc is going to try me on new med in fall. everything affects my stomache. Bye for now Mima
Old 05-13-2003, 09:35 AM   #15  

Mima...everything affects my stomach, too. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I got off all the meds except the Inderal (can't do without that...my heart beats too fast). Actually...I can't do without the Premerin either and I wouldn't want to do without the small amount of Buspar I take each morning...I'd be having a migraine every day. All the NSAID type arthritis and fibro drugs affect my stomach and I'd rather just have the arthritis and fibro pain - at least you can take some pain medication and half way function. With the stomach thing going on you never know when it's going to hit you. I was in Wal Mart once with a cart half full of groceries and just doubled over in pain. We had to just leave everything there and go home. And that was a shame because that one was actually helping me...it was Celebrex. The Relafen broke me out...we were at a Valentines Couples Garden Dinner and I started itching. I could actually FEEL the bumps through the material of my pant suit. I went to the ladies room and sure enough, there were little, fine red bumps all over my legs. I thought I had the measles or something at first. Orudis caused my nose and throat to swell up so bad I nearly smothered. The Naproxen in the strength the doctors give hurts my stomach so bad I can't take it but I can take it in the coated Aleve by taking one every 3 or 4 hours and it helps...I take one with a Darvocet and then take another one about 3 or 4 hrs. later. I've tried Daypro, Clinoril and several others but they all hurt my stomach. I'm tired of trying new drugs and about ready to give up and say you win...I'm down and I just can't get back up and fight this time!
Closed Thread