Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #158

This is Mima's post from thread 157

I was wondering if you were going to get to see Tim. Brad loves Bluebunny icecream. I sent in my application for subbing. I didn't get a letter to score the test this time=not many people took it. But there is a new company that owns the company that administers the test and there have been some changes. People are womdering. I miss my friends there. But subbimg pays 85 a day and I get to eat and sleep at home. Just wonder if I have the patience.
Suzanne and Jon are having difficulty-please pray for them. I have been a little depressed over the situation. But praying, praying. It's an adjustment period.
We are going to the movies today to see Little Miss Sunshine. It's raining and cold.
I think FL will give me a break but its two months more. Gotta get that apt. done.
Hi Joanne, meme, and Anne. Mima
Old 09-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  

That didn't work so good now did it

Mima - sorry that kids are having problems. I hope they can work them out, but if not, I guess you will still be a grandma. Things have sure changed over the past years, in the way people live.

Tammy - glad you got your boy home for the weekend.

Meme - hope you enjoy your trip. I know you're tired, but they say a change is as good as a rest, so hopefully that will be true in your case. If not, take of next week and just REST!! DO NOTHING that you don't choose to do. YOUR CAN DO IT!

Been doing a little housecleaning here. I have teak furniture that requires an oiling every so often, so yesterday was the day. It looks so nice today. Also had to clean our the china cabinet part of my shelf. Washed everything and now it is so nice and sparkly. I now have the living room and dining room done! Next on to the bedroom.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #3  

Hey Girls- I guess everyone has planned a Labor Day party. Our son invited us to his house tomorror. I will take a fresh salad.. Our Daughter and her hubby have gone camping.. Otherwise everyone be safe...Joanne
Old 09-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #4  

Mima, I hope Suzanne and Jon can work out their problems. I can understand how you would be upset, but just keep praying. I'll continue to keep them in my prayers. Subbing is something that I may do sometime in the future. After I officially retire Feb. 27 though, I don't think I'll sub any during the remainder of this year. I bought some Blue Bunny sugar free banana split ice cream at Wal Mart today. Bob rarely eats IC so I bought what I wanted.

Anne, it was great having him home. He had a couple of home cooked meals, and he said he sure misses that even though he said the food at school is good. He and Jessica went to a church this morning, and they were welcomed with open arms. He said he knows they will go back. We'll be over there next weekend for a football game and staying overnight again. I'm planning to go to church with them. Not sure if Bob will. He rarely goes to our church here.

Anne, come on over and clean our place!!

Joanne, we'll be staying home, except for Bob mowing at the other house.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:29 AM   #5  

This is so nice, I wanted to share it with you.

http://www.mayyoubeblessedmovie.com/

Not doing much for labor day. Did get my dining room and living room all cleaned now. Got all the furniture (teak) oiled so that is a job done. Enjoy your day tomorrow Joanne.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:42 AM   #6  

Hi guys and thanks, Anne.
We had a good day yesterday=church-a nap-dinner and the movies. Saw Little Miss Sunshine and cracked up=only bad thing was the language.
Today will be just a regular day except Leah is not working. I find that a lot of stress even though she has been such a help. Tomorrow I get my nails and hair done and WEd I will go with Auntie after chiro.
So nice that you can see Tim 2 weekends in a row, Tammy. I was thinking that I need to get a bag of tricks ready for subbing. Like tranquilizers for me, I am hoping that these kids are easier than the inner-city ones I had. Hope and pray I have the patience.
Nice cleaning Anne!! I do that sporadically.
Have fun at son's house Joanne-sure nice when someone else cooks.
Next 3 weekends will be busy-2 bd's for one year-olds. Church picnic-flea market at church and then the Fair on the 23rd. I need to finish my crafts-oh, I said that before. Brad found a nice piece of lattice work at the dump and he is going to put a stand on it for my wreaths, He will also help me set up the Fair-and take it down/
Lokks like we will not come to FL til after Thanksgiving. Want to get the apt done and rented.
Bye for now Mima
Old 09-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #7  

Anne, good for you on getting things accomplished! Oiling all of that wood has to be a chore. I did some dusting this morning in the living room which involved moving around all sorts of knick-knacks. That in itself was a job! lol I'll have to check that site.

Mima, you sure stay busy! Always on the go. When did you go to FL last year? I can understand that you want to get the apt. done and rented before you leave.

2nd load of laundry is in the washer, Bob is mowing at the old house. I'm going to try to pull some weeds without hurting myself. Could be interesting. The biggest chore for the day is going to be switching purses. I bought a new one yesterday. I emptied the old one, and now I"m wondering if the one that I bought is going to be too small. Why do I have so much junk????

Had an email from Tim talking about Spring Break already! I thought he'd want to go somewhere with Jess or some of the guys. He wanted to know if we (as in the family) could go away. His break is in March, and it's right after I am officially retired. Might be a neat idea! He did mention that it would be nice if Jess could go with us. lol They've been together 3 years in October. It won't surprise me if they end up getting married, but I sure hope it's after they are out of school.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:34 AM   #8  

Well I'm back. Long, tiring trip but it was all good. Lots of groups sang and did a good job. Have any of you heard Tim Lovelace? He performed last night. Cracked me up. He's so funny. There was a lot of 'funny business' there. Performing at the Grand Ole Opry on Sat. night was: John Conlee, Steve Warner and Vince Gill among others. Our seats were only 12 rows from the stage. I couldn't believe that. The rooms at the Opry Hotel were fabulous, of course. That place is so big we walked ourselfs to death - I think I've actually lost weight. Isn't the first time I've been there ... we've been a couple of times and walked through to see the Christmas lights and then hubby's bosses daughter was married there and the reception was in one of their ballrooms. The ballroom the concert was in held seated 2000 people ... just to give you an idea how big this complex is. Then breakfast was in another ballroom nextdoor. They had big tables set up to feed half of those people between 7 and 9:30 A.M. Just imagine that! The Grand Ole Opry House seats about 10,000 people, then the Opry Mills Mall is also next door to all that. Inside the holel is also an atrium with fountians and plants and a small 'village' of shops with restaurants, icecream bar, cookie house, gift shops, etc. and other things all through the hotel. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, spa, sauna, beauty palor and exercise rooms. Everything you need in one place.

Anne, I need to clean (and clean out) so bad. Maybe now that my last trip is over I can do that after I rest up for a couple of days. I'm taking tomorrow off, for sure. My daughter told me she is going to cook dinner for me tomorrow night. She gave me my choice of nights this week and said I should probably pick Tues. since I'd probably be tired after my trip. I took her up on it. Don't know what she's making (don't care as long as I don't have to cook!)

Tammy, I bet your son was glad to get home in his bed and to your cooking. I missed my bed so bad. I enjoyed the shows and our friends and stuff but I missed my bed and home. I think it's so great he wants to go somewhere with his family on Spring break. You must be doing something right!

Joanne, hope you had a great day. It's always good when we can go to our kid's house and just take something and LEAVE the mess (like they've been doing to us for years). I just love that! Are you feeling better?

Mima ... you'll be in FL soaking up the sun before you know it. (Then you'll be running around getting things done down there and stressing out about what's going on back home.)! Hope you get your basement done soon. I hate having an unfinished project going on in the house like that. So, if you get a job substitute teaching, are you only going to be doing that for 2 months?

Guess I'll get in my nice, soft, warm waterbed. Can't wait any longer!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:56 AM   #9  

Actually, three because we don't think we are leaving til after Thanksgiving. Brad doesn't need pressure to get it done by November. Bobby wants to come for Christmas , maybe Suzanne. She and Jon are going to cool it and just be friends for now. Talk about pressure. I am putting it in God;s hands and praying for a miracle. he has His own plans for them/
That hotel is gorgeous-we walked through it when we were in Nashville. And huge!!! Glad you got to hear all that nice music.
I actually slept more than 8 hours-did take a walk yesterday. Boy, did it hurt!! My hair appt was cancelled-family emergency-guess I will have to get a seeing eye dog.
Hey, Tammy, you will be on break too-retirement break. Being retired sure frees you up . The first thing I did was go to FL and then I was a chaperone for my step-grandaughter's school to go to Washin gton for 4 days=never had been!!!!
Hi Joanne-how was the cookout,
Hi Anne-I bet your wood looks nice. Mima
Old 09-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #10  

Default Hey There

My son fried fish ..His wife made potatoe salad and banana pudding(I didn't touch it, too fattening). I made a tossed salad. It was a nice day.. He lives on a inlet to the Gulf so he fishes all the time he has free.He has loved the water all his life..
Got a Dr. appointment today.. Guess I will drop off some books and maybe get some more.
I went out to get the paper this morning. It was cool,not steaming today.. Hope cool weather is on the way..
Meme- I would love to go to the Grand ole Opry.. I watch it every sat. night. It was a repeat this week on T.V.I have been to Tenn. a couple times but never got there.
Mima- What ever happens with the kids may be for the best. If they aren't sure it is best to step back. Is she the daughter who is going to have a baby?At least when you come to Fl. it will be cool.
Tammy- You will enjoy your retirement... You may find yourself really busy..I was still working when my hubby retired.. He got depressed and I had to really be on my toes. My director of nursing told me to buy him a dog.. It was the best thing I could do.. We had it for 14 years.. No more though. Too much work for me..He is not a person for hobbies.. Now ,I chase him out into the yard to work..
Hello Happy...Joanne
Old 09-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #11  

Joanne ... if you ever see one with Vince Gill hosting parts, Steve Warner hosting parts and John Conlee hosting parts and then Legacy Five singing a couple of songs inbetween, that will be the one we were at last Sat. night ... they taped the whole thing! Vince told a joke that he said his wife, Amy Grant, told him to tell because so many people would be there from the Legacy Five concert. He said it was her favorite religious joke. He said a man was shipwrecked and stranded on a desert island. When he was rescued they found he had built three impressive dwellings. They asked him how he had done all that and they wanted to know what they were for. They asked him what the first one was for and he said that one is my home. They asked him what the second was for and he said I've always been a very religious person and that one is my church. Well, there was another hut way on down the beach so they said what's that one way down there. He answered, Oh ... that one down there is my 'old' church. Thought you might like that!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #12  

Default Hey There

Meme- Thanks ,That was good..I think Vince Gill is one of the best.. I will watch for those shows . Also look and see if I can spot you...
My glucose is 135.. The Dr. was concerned. my trig. 305..High to say the least. Colesterol 251 also high..I do it all again in 2 months.. I seem to be falling apart all of a sudden. My B/P was down.I guess I am heading towards being diabetic..I will be looking again for diabetic diets on the net tonight.. I told him I was on S/B diet which he said that was good.
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #13  

Hi everybody.

Mima - things usually work out as they are supposed to. In the book, Don't Sweat The Small Stuff, they talk about how God has a plan for everybody and the DNA of that particular baby is as it is supposed to be - married or not. I hope, if they don't make a good match, that they just walk away. No point in compounding a problem. I know, as a Mom, it is hard to watch your child go through this.

Meme - so glad you enjoyed yourself. Now, just rest for a few days, and you may start to feel better.

Joanne - YIKES!!!! Nothing is EVER easy, is it!! I hope everything gets under control. My cholestrol was a bit high at 5.8, but not high enough to warrent taking meds - yet! I guess the next test may show more. I hope you don't get diabetes. Not a fun thing to have.

Tammy - I guess in a couple of days you will be off to see your son. You will be ready for a weekend away after starting back to work. Not so long left now, befor eyou can make a break for it lol

Didn't do much on Labor Day. I didn't want to go away, any my kids were busy doing whatever kids do. We all visited last weekend. So, nice a enjoyable and quiet. We did a BQ with just the two of us.

Hope you are all enjoying your day. It is a beautiful one here.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #14  

Meme, the trip sounds great! Maybe that's a place we'll have to go sometime. I just got off the phone with Tim, and he's still talking about spring break. LOL He has mentioned different places. We went to Gettysburg, PA, last summer. He'd like to go back there. He said he and Bob can do the history stuff, and I can hit the shops. Now that boy knows his mom!! Hope you enjoyed your sleep in your own bed! It's always nice to come home to it, isn't it? I liked the joke that Vince Gill told.

Mima, retirement break! I like that!!! It might be a good idea for Suzanne and Jon to step back and really think about what their lives have in store for them. Hope things work out for the best.

Joanne, I'm sure I'll stay busy after retirement. The 5th grade teachers are already asking me to come back next year and do volunteer work in their classrooms. If we still lived a mile from the school, I just might do it. It's a 20 minute drive now, and with the gas prices, it wouldn't be worth it. Bob isn't much for hobbies either. He did say the other day that he might think about getting a parttime job. I'm sorry about the high readings that you had on your bloodwork. Hope that you can find information to help you get all of the readings to a lower level.

Anne, I am looking forward to heading to Muncie for another football game this weekend. Hope it doesn't rain! We're going have Tim and Jess over at the hotel after the game. We're either going to order pizza or run out someplace to eat. They were so hungry after last week's game. They had to eat a very early dinner in order to get ready. The only breaks they get during the game are restroom breaks. No eating in the uniforms. Also, they were so tired from standing. The band stood the entire game. Makes my feet hurt just thinking about it.

One of the teachers said to me today, "You only have 2 more days this week! " They only have 3, but it made me smile. We had a beautiful day here too. I came home, walked in the house, and groaned. Bob had all of the windows closed. Warm and stuffy. I love having the windows open when it's nice. I opened the bedroom window last night, but I put an afghan across his side of the bed so he wouldn't freeze. I am so thoughtful. lol
Old 09-06-2006, 12:38 AM   #15  

Joanne ... before you consider meds for your blood sugar I'd like for you to try something simple. Hubby 'happened' on this. I love green tea and drink a lot of it. I recently went on a 'diet' to lose weight in order to get in a dress I bought for a wedding ... this eating plan included A GALLON of water a day. I was afraid I couldn't drink that much water plus my usual amount of green tea daily so I thought I'd try some green tea supplements. I thought I felt less hungry when I took them so I told hubby he should try them. He did. One night he had eaten a lot and then we went out with friends and he ate a huge ice cream cone. Next morning his sugar count was down. He was amazed and didn't know how that happened. A few days later he forgot to take the pills and his count went up. He began to put 2 and 2 together. Last weekend, while we were at the Opry he forgot the pills again and his sugar went really high. He asked me yesterday if I brought some pills. I did and he took some. Today his sugar was back down. You can buy them at Wal Mart in the Vitamin - Weight Loss Supplement department. Wouldn't hurt to give them a try. They are Mega - T Green Tea Dietary Supplement and you take 2 a day. The ingredients are:

Green Tea - Curbs appetite, improves fat metabolism
Chromium - Reduces body fat
Garcinia Cambogia - Reduces food cravings and increases metabolism
Guarana - Boosts energy levels and stimulates metabolism
Eleuthero - Increases stamina and energy
Bladderwrack, Fo-Ti and Gotu Kola - Metabolizes fat and eliminates excess fluids
Calcium
Closed Thread