Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2001, 05:07 AM   #31  

Meme....That gives me the heebie jeebies. Are you out in the country? Do you have a dog???
And 5-HTP.... even though I am having some general aching from this crappy weather, I just realized the other day that before I started taking this I could not get up off the couch at night without total pain. That is the only thing I am taking so I think that must be the reason things are better.

And Happy.....I believe that about the sugar. Making my aching right now is cold weather combined with sugar. And when I really hurt one of my muscles after Thanksgiving? I had just eaten a huge meal with desserts etc.
I went to see a freind who just had twins. Can't remeber when mine were that small.
Geez. Another kids waiting for the computer..... see ya.
Old 02-24-2001, 04:09 PM   #32  

Gee..Meme.....That would have scared me to death! I didn't know you were taking 5HTP????

Ally...sugar is a bad bad thing..it really makes me hurt! Are you taking the 5HTP too and how much??????

Anne..why are you selling your house????

I have been pooped the past few days...cleaning will do that to me but I'm not done!!!!!! I'll never be done..wish I had my cleaning lady back!!!!!!(She moved over 3 years ago but she was good!)

Wild weather here..a spring thundersotrm Sat and snow Sun.!

My computer is still messing up..It is the hard drive..it is too small and full!

------------------
Candice~the late night owl~
Old 02-24-2001, 11:50 PM   #33  

Cleaning...UGH...that's something that NEVER gets done!

It DID scare me to death! Hubby is downstairs right now putting a dead bolt on the basement door. He said he isn't sure if he locked it or not but that if there was a dead bolt on it he would THINK about it when he went out and be sure to lock it back! Don't know if I can trust him or not...guess I will be waking up as he leaves for work from now on...don't think I can sleep not knowing for sure...

I'm pooped, too! The kiddies (I have 3 of them this weekend) didn't go to sleep until midnight and then the boys got up at 5:30. My leg was hurting so bad last night I couldn't sleep...layed awake until after 3!!!
Old 02-25-2001, 01:09 AM   #34  

Meme - poor girl - scared to death (which I would have been) and then have three kids that won't sleep, pain that keeps you awake, and then early risers. What a fun weekend(lol) Glad it is yours

Candice - we built this house to sell it. My hubby designed it, but when it didn't sell, they wouldn't insure an empty house, so we sold our condo (took 1 day) and moved here and in June we will have been here for 2 years. We would like to move back to a condo. Looked at one on the weekend that had a swimming pool, hot pool, sauna, pool table, library, lots of sitting areas, a great huge kitchen and room for larger crowds, Like when I have Easter at my house, I have between 22-28 depending on who is around, a T.V. room with a huge TV in it, and a craft room (which I would never go into). At first I thought I would never use all these things, but the more I think about it, the more I think we would - so who knows. Looked at a couple of others as well, that were not so elaborate and they were fine as well. One thing that must be there is underground parking. Really need that with the winters we have here. Some builders still don't do that. Today it is 8 below zero for the high and heading for 30 below this weekend. Brrrr. That is even cold for February - I guess we will be having our January weather now.

Ally - You New Yorkers are having a not nice winter. Do you usually get this many storms. Keep working at your diet. The 5HTP, I stopped taking, because I was taking another product that the Dr. wanted me to try, but will be back at it soon. Hope that is what is helping you and Meme.

Phyllis - Where have you gone. I hope that you are feeling a lot better, and are just to busy to come talk to us.

I lost 5 pounds this week, but 2 were some I gained back the week before, so actually only 3 pounds, but I will take them. At least I don't have to go out and buy any clothes, just have to go into the closet and pick something out. Lots of clothes just hanging around in there.

Talk to you gals later.
Old 02-25-2001, 01:09 AM   #35  

Candice....I take 100mgs of 5-htp in the morning and the same at night. I have heard that 300mgs is what some docs recommend so I may add another dose at lunch time. I went back to my favorite vitamin store at the outlet mall and they had no sale stuff so I had to pay $17 for a month's worht. I may order some. Anyone recommend an on line herbal place???
Meme...what are you taking?
I ate a huge lunch yesterday and do NOT have to go to the bathroom today. ANd I can't blame it on sugar, but lots of carbs!!!
Maybe I get constipated out of GUILT!!!
Cleaning. Pshaw.
I want to move but do not want to clean my house and pack anything.
Old 02-25-2001, 08:25 AM   #36  

Meme just starting a new thread.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:57 PM   #37  
Rev

I'm not actually replying to this thread, I just would like to see if going again. I have Fibro, I'm overweight and stressed!! My husband is waiting on a liver transplant he also needs to lose weight. Is there anyone who wants a message board buddy that has fibro?

Thanks,
Rev
Old 06-20-2002, 06:19 PM   #38  

Rev. We have a current thread going Fibromyalia #60. Please come join us. We are not a big group, only a hand full of us. We would love to have you
Old 06-20-2002, 06:22 PM   #39  
Rev

Thanks for accepting me. I just posted on another fibro thread that you had listed. I'm not sure if it was #60 or not. I'll go back and check if not i'll post there. Thanks! Revella
Closed Thread