Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #31  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Not having a very good couple days.. Trying to push through it though. Work has been stressful, and my husband and I decided to move so we have been apartment hunting. Finally found something we like and got approved, but just realized tonight I'm going to have to attempt to move while still working full time. Unsure how I'm going to manage all this.
The diet is going pretty good, though I haven't lost anything the past few days. I've stayed on calories other than tonight when we went out to Max and Erma's for dinner. I gave into a cheeseburger. But, I had only eaten 800 calories before dinner, and will get right back to being on track tomorrow. So I'm hoping it doesn't affect me too much. I have been drinking a ton more water than I used too.
Just trying to take it one day at a time right now.
MeliZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #32  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey MeliZ,
Sorry you're not doing so well. It was a super hot week last week so I felt the yucks, but pulling through now. I hate to move. I think that by far is the hardest thing I've ever done. I had to pack up a huge house and a baby and move across country 15 years ago. Ugh, what a terrible terrible time. Could you get help with packing...movers, friends or both. I know money is tight and sometimes even the suggestion is taxing, but DH knows how things are with you. I didn't have obstacles 15 years ago (except baby ) and it was hard on me. How long do you have before the move? Will you be closer to work now? I really hope you can move at your own pace and not feel rushed, but I know that's unrealistic. I hope you can find help, even it's just for getting things down on shelves while you sit and wrap.

Other than the stress of that, which I'm sure is a lot...are you excited? My DH and I want to move so bad we can almost taste it. We want to move closer to his family so we have support during my down times or when he's traveling. He owns his own company with 2 partners and he's afraid to tell them he wants to move to another state. He travels a lot so it doesn't really matter what state we live in as far as the company, but it sure would help us out a lot. I wish he would just do it already. In the meantime, I've been slowly (very slowly) getting this old house into shape. And when I say slowly, I really really mean that AND I don't have a job, I can only imagine how you'll be doing all the moving and a job too. Good luck
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #33  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

We're enlisting some help of friends the day of the move, but packing and unpacking is going to be the two of us alone. We don't have that many friends here, since I only moved to Ohio last year. And his family can only help so much. We have one month to move, but the actually move-in process will only be a few days because we're on a tight schedule with getting out of our place now and into the new place. And neither of us can afford to take off work, so it'll be nights and weekends for the most part. We started today sorting through everything we own slowly trying to figure out if there's anything we can just pitch or donate to make it easier on the move.
I am very excited to be settled into the new place though. It's half the distance to work and literally down the street for him. Plus, has a washer and dryer so no more laundry mat trips. And, has much more space and storage. I am definitely excited for that part of it. Just dreading everything coming up to being settled in.
MeliZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #34  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MELI ~ those are good advantages; your DH can walk & save on transportation, and so will you. You will save $$$ all round on the laundry too. We are moving closer to downtown; and will have so much more room as well. Our little house has so many advantages -- it is well worth the effort. You are pressed for time; don't envy that, but it's good that you have some help to move. So far DH & I packed everything ahead; only a few things left, ie the dishes & pans we are using, etc.

Another lady offered to help us paint next week; so that's four now. I will be doing a lot of the cleaning with SIL so we can unpack the kitchen stuff right away. We bought the paint last week and got lots of $$$ off, plus received a bonus $30.00 free card. After we paint, we plan to take lots of the smaller stuff first; then the movers will take the big stuff later in the month.

Well time to go get dinner on; just picked up a deli spit BBQ chicken; having it with salad and DH with his tators. Have a great weekend folks .... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-30-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #35  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HOWDY -- this month is just flying by ... we've been so busy at our new house getting it ready. The place looks so bright & fresh with the new lighter paint on the walls; it even looks bigger than before (light colors do that).

We've had really hot temps for our area; in the 90's most of last week, but our new place stayed much cooler than here (that's a big plus for us). Today, we had a lovely breeze all day. Eating went really well this week; I had a couple of treats this weekend but well within reason. I did feel sore and woke up quite hungry this am; must be sure to eat enuff this week.

Time to go have a tea and make our lunch up for tomorrow; have a great week everyone ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-07-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #36  

Hi, Love to join the thread. Although I am looking for community that has some activity in it to help keep me accountable. Hopefully I can find this here, as my old forum has died down tremendously.

My life challenge is that I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism. I've been TTC for 4 years and just found out last week that both my tubes are blocked. PCOS and Hypothyroidisum make it extremly hard to lose weight.

Last year I set out on my WL Journey with my mother and husband. I worked out 6 days a week, 3 with a personal trainer, and tracked every food that I ate (every). I only lost 30lbs in 10 months which was a big crash boom for me! I kind of gave up and stopped going to the gym and stopped eating low carb and well it all came back.

I'm ready to start again. I'm usually really active in the community. I belong to my fitness pal where I track all my food and exercise as well as made a tremendous amount of friends.
ahmedayad is offline   Reply With Quote