Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink PHYSICAL CHALLENGES: Fall Chat Thread ...

WELCOME EVERYONE ~ Please join us in our thread: to give support and encouragement; to share ideas, and/or just chat with one another about everyday issues ...

This special thread is for anyone with any kind of physical obstacle and/or challenge like SB, CP, MS, MD, PK, Lupus, Osteo, Arthritis, Rheumatism, or any other condition (s), whether genetic or acquired (like injuries), that causes some physical limitations and/or difficulties.

We try to focus on the positive here -- not seeing ourselves as victims, but as victors and overcomers. It is so nice to be able to talk with others who have some idea of what we are going through each day!

HAVE A FABULOUS FALL EVERYONE!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-01-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #2  
Rosebud

Well, after a weekend that was scorching -- relief finally came in the form of for most of the day and we sure needed it. The did finally come out in the late afternoon and we had a really pretty sunset that I took pics of this evening.

I hope all that rain made its way out to our lot as my trees and bushes sure needed some too. I am pretty sure that it did as the clouds seemed to be moving in that direction. Now the temps are cooling off for us tonight -- what a relief for us. We had the air conditioner and a dehumidifier and some fans going trying to cool this place off, and it finally worked.

At times, it really felt like a sauna in here; we were sweating buckets. I used to love saunas when I was younger (well, for a little while anyways), but since I am now into my menopause years, the heat really bothers me now -- as I am already too hot!

I told DH that I feel like I'm burning hot from the inside, so when you add hot and sweaty from the outside, it feels terrible. What finally worked to cool me down was that first I had a shower, then I put a 3-4' floor fan on low blowing right at me, and that helped immensely.

Tonight, we had BBQ spit chicken for dinner with cob on the corn & salad and a very small new potato -- a really nice way to start off the month. DH kept saying how much he loved it; a favorite of ours for sure.

So we are supposed to have nice temps for the rest of the week; I picked another basket of beans the other day and I think after this rain, that I'll be able to pick some more tomorrow too. I go out and check every day now. Since they grow so well here and they are so expensive at the store, I'll be growing more of them next year.

We checked for blueberries, but there weren't any this year; so we picked up some BC blueberries for a good price at the store yesterday. Nice to have some for the winter months too.

Hope you all have a great week; take good care ... Rosebud
Old 09-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #3  
Rosebud

Had a lovely day today; nice weather ... with clouds and a nice breeze. Stayed in the mid+ 70's so it was really comfortable. We picked another half basket of green beans before we headed up to our lot. DH & my Dad replace half the rood on our camper so it could stand the weight of the snow come this winter; and to repair a bad leak it had as well.

I did some trimming around my apple trees; and my crab apples are very ripe and red. I had about 20 but I guess some birdies helped themselves to a few but that's OK. I am just so glad that they are doing so well and have apples on them already. We got home very late, so had leftover wg spagetti & meatballs that I had put in the freezer last week.

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow; it's supposed to be very nice here again. Take care ... Rosebud
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #4  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~hope you all are having a fab Friday night; we had a nicer day today with some then some and then some again ... We even had some lovely RAINBOWS afterward as well (two of them).

Managed to get some extra walking in today as we had to go pay some bills; I usually pay them by mail but I had ran out of checks and had to order some -- so I had to go pay them in person and there is quite a walk into the place here. I also found some good books to read over the fall/winter at our local second-hand shop.

We had homemade subs for our Friday Fun Meal tonight; used smaller whole grain buns with lean meats, nf cheeze, sliced tomato, and lots of lettuce. I did munch out a bit tonight, but thankfully I had such a light day that I stayed under my daily calorie allotment, so this will be a maintenance day. I don't mind that for one day a week, but I try to avoid it.

Hope you all have a lovely LABOR DAY WEEKEND -- well, it's time to go put my tired feet up and maybe do some crocheting and/or reading too; so take care ... Rosebud
Old 09-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies!

I did my Zumba class Wednesday night. It is an hour and really works you out! I like my exercise to be dancing or walking. I never cared for running. I am not sure if I could even do running. Swimming would be good too but there isn't an indoor pool in my area for the winter (unless you sneak into a hotel).

This week has been better with my kindergartner. She doesn't like school. I think it is because they are reviewing right now and she already knows the things they are reviewing. I did talk to some other mothers who have kindergarteners and they told me their kids are saying the same thing. Next week should be better because they will start having homework. Our school's first day was August 11. I hate that they start that early. There is a bill at our state that is trying to get them to start the last Monday in August.

I don't have much planned for this weekend. We don't do anything special for Labor Day. Just hang out at home and take it easy.

Have a good weekend and a great Labor Day!
redautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #6  
Rosebud

HI AUTUMN ~ wow, that is much earlier than here; our kiddies started back to school on Monday (August 30th). We used to start the first Monday of September if I recall correctly. Some other countries send the kiddies back to school earlier but give them time off at Christmas and other times instead.

We had for most of the day, so we just stayed home and mulled around here. A complete rest day except for meals and dishes and things like that. It was too wet to do anything outdoors. I spent some time on my pc this afternoon though.

We had fish for dinner with baked homefries and salad. I made a pot of beef barley vegetable soup with some leftover roast beef; we will have the rest for our dinner tomorrow night. It is thick like a stew really.

Have a super restful Sunday tomorrow ... Rosebud
Old 09-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #7  
Rosebud

We had a cold and wet weekend for the most part; except today -- we finally had some come our way for the afternoon. That warmed the temps up to the 60's for us. We went up to our lot to visit my Dad & SM as they were returning back home (down south) today. We took up some BBQ spit chicken & salads for dinner and had a nice visit. I picked some more beans this afternoon and we had those with leftovers for our dinner tonight.

Now, I will put up my legs for a while and do some reading & crocheting; and have some Black Currant tea. Oh, our new double lawnchair just arrived; we had ordered it and the man just brought it over -- and it's really nice too! Have a good week everyone ... Rosebud
Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #8  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had here again today, but they are expecting some at least one day this week ... we sure hope so. It was a bit colder today than yesterday becuz of a strong wind. Just had to dress up a bit warmer and we put another blanket on our bed too; although I think I will be sleeping in our livingroom tonight -- it's much quieter in there ...

I made a batch of healthy muffins today for our snacks; would be nice for a breakfast too. I found a recipe that calls for using frozen concentrated apple juice instead of sugar & fat; sounds like a good idea -- will have to try that next time for sure.

We had a nice old family comfy food for dinner tonight; perfect for cold, wet days called "CREAMY MAC" but I put lots of veggies in my version. I cover the bottom of my bowl with green beans and top it with the creamy mac (macaroni in a mushroom cream sauce with mini=meatballs & veggies) to make it seem like so much more. This is very filling and yummy; and DH just loves it.

I am having a nice hot cuppa green tea as we speak. Hope everyone over here is having a good week; take good care now ... Rosebud
Old 09-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #9  
Rosebud

Well, the has returned ... yeah!

The temps even went up to 71 degrees today. We went out to our lot and had a nice quiet time out there. I did some tidying up; and even crocheted a couple of squares for the blanket pieces I am doing. DH did his own thing too. We were there kinda late and some buggies came out: probably from all that rain we had over the last week or so. We didn't get home until 8 pm and so had a very late Friday Fun Dinner at 9 pm.

Just having a cuppa green tea right now; and it's time to go put my legs up and do some fun reading for a wee bit. Hope you all have a wonderful fall weekend; take good care now ... Rosebud
Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #10  

I am recovering from a cold that I have had all week. I had the sore throat and coughing and nose running. My nose was so sore yesterday. I am finally feeling better today. I ate off plan this week because of the cold. I didn't eat very much. So I will start again.

I missed Zumba this week and was bummed about that. I have such a good time when I do it. I love to dance.

Rained a tiny bit here yesterday. We still need rain so badly. It is cloudy now but no rain in sight. Now all the farmers are in the fields harvesting. (I work for a agricultural dealer and my family farms). Busy time here for me.

Today I have mountain of laundry to do. Laundry wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go downstairs in our basement to do it. Somedays stairs are hard for me to navigate. Dh keeps telling me he is going to move them upstairs soon. His definition and my definition of soon is not the same. I know there needs to be a room built and a hookup done, and those things will cost money.

Not much is going on this weekend. I hope we can just relax and take it easy.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #11  
Rosebud

AUTUMN ~ I know how you feel; I picked up a cold myself (hope that is all it is) recently. Have been stuffed up, runny nose, and sporadic headaches, muscles sore, and a bit of congestion; just enuff to make you fell tired and blah! After I'm done here, I will be bundling up and resting up early tonight too.

I don't know what the Zumba is but I hear lots of people talking about it; sounds like fun. Hope you get some soon; we've had lots here. I did some catch-up on laundry too; 4 loads today. Almost done; just towels to do; thank goodness, we have lots. That would be so nice for you to have your laundry room upstairs. Our place is ground-level and our laundry set fits in a laundry cubby off our kitchen; it's so handy for me -- I luv it!

The last two days, we have had and on and off; and sometimes, at the same time, very neato ... Saturday was really nice so we went up to our lot; we took up our double lawnchair and I gave it a few coats of stain (taking many rests in between though), while DH made some small stairs. I was so sore (actually we both were), so spent all day yesterday resting. I always seem to overdo it and then pay big time for days afterward. Boy, I have to learn to pace myself better.

We are off to the city tomorrow as DH has to get a cat scan done for his memory problems; hope we have a good trip. We may do a bit of shopping whilst we are there too ... Have a good week everyone ... Rosebud
Old 09-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #12  

I am so much better today. Not 100% but getting there. I still can hear some congestion but I think it is breaking up.

I am going to go back to Zumba tomorrow and then a Trustees meeting at church. I hope I don't smell to bad (I sweat a ton at Zumba). I am thinking of maybe joining our church choir. I had a couple corner me after church Sunday telling me I should sing in the choir. They heard me singing one Sunday when I was sitting behind them. I don't know. There is so much going on I may just wait until my term is up being a trustee (that will be in December), but it would be cool to sing in the Christmas Cantata. I'll have to see what is going on next week.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #13  
Rosebud

AUTUMN ~ glad to hear that you are feeling better. I had a wee cold and it seems to be getting better too. Sounds like fun joining the choir.

We had lovely today and temps in the 60's -- that's a lot better than what we had. As long as it isn't wet or windy, the sixties aren't so bad. It is an adjustment getting used to the sudden cold temps though. We have piled three comforters onto our bed. Funny, how when you get in, you feel chilled, but by the middle of the night or morning, you are so hot, you start sweating and want to throw them all off. Why is that?

I think as you get older, these extremes in temperatures bother you more; and with all this added "oh naturel" padding, you don't like the heat so much. When I was younger, I loved to take saunas but now even the thought abhors me ... oh well ...

Well, I have eaten very healthy and on plan for the last two days and that's a good thing. We had a nice roast chicken dinner with piles and piles of roasted veggies. Sounds like it is supposed to be really nice tomorrow so hope you all have a fab Friday too ... Rosebud
Old 09-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #14  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had a lovely few days the last three days here. Yesterday was gorgeous with lovely so we went up to our camper/lot and spent the day there. We got lots done and had a great time. I tried out my new small weed whacker which works fab for me (it's nice and light and easy to use). The only thing is that my body ended up so sore by the evening and this AM. I have to learn how to pace myself with it though -- so next time, I will use it about half the time I did.

My new double lawnchair is so comfy and it was nice resting there in the full in the afternoon. Some clouds and winds moved in by dinnertime, we we came back home then. Today, we awoke to , but by lunchtime, the was out in full force and stayed all day. It was in the 60's today -- and looked like one of those fall-spring days, we hear of .... very nice.

DH's sister came by for a wee visit this afternoon. We just stayed home and got a good rest as we sure needed it; we have decided it is best to rest up for the whole weekend. Tonight, I am reading a story called "THE LETTER" by Richard Paul Evans.

Time for some tea -- hope you all are having a fab weekend too ... Rosebud
Old 09-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #15  
Rosebud

Just had a quiet day at home; sat in the lovely fall for awhile today ... so nice to catch some Vitamin D the natural way. Now this is the fall weather I have been waiting for. Ate on plan better over the last couple of days, and we had roast chicken and veggies last night; and Shepherd's Pie (a liter version) for dinner tonight with a very small salad for me.

I think my stomach is shrinking (from the inside too), since we have been using smaller dishes and bowls even for our dinner. They say that can happen after awhile. Whenever I have salad, soup, or lots of veggies, I feel much fuller sooner. I picked a few more baby green beans today; we had enuff for dinner but I added some carrots, knib corn, and broccoli stems with them to have with our dinner. I think I am becoming addicted to veggies ... yeah!

I often will make a pot of green beans or a mixture, and put my main dinner on top of them, and it looks like so much more. I do this with spagetti sauce and other dishes as well. Makes it go much further too; then I save the leftovers for lunch the next day.

Hope you all have a great week and nice weather like us too; and do take good care ... Rosebud