Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 07:19 PM   #46  

Default Hey There

Good for you Angel-lover..Keep up the good work. I walked 40 min. today which amounts to over 2 miles... I will try to get more tomorrow.. It has been sorta rainy . I didn't get wet though. I love the weather like this. Humid but not quiet so hot. It was a little cooler at the beach... Bye Joanne
Old 06-30-2003, 09:29 AM   #47  

Hi Joanne. Oh, I wish I lived near a beach!

I'm not feeling well at all this morning. My Remicade is wearing off & I don't go for a treatment til the 8th. The chemo I take on Monday nights help a little...but not enough. I'm so weak this morning. Gotta go do my volunteer work, also. It doesn't help the sunshiny weekend is over & starting this morning, supposed to be a very stormy rainy, week!

Well...gotta go. Don't mean to be such a groaner..... ....I'm sure all of you understand, though. I guess I just needed to vent a little. Thanks for listening. I really hope all of you feel good today.

Thanks for my little angel, Joanne.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:25 PM   #48  

WANT TO WISH ALL A HAPPY JULY 4TH!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 12:34 AM   #49  

Hi Joanne and Angel Lover!

Read through your "dialogue"...thought this tread had died. I've posted before but hard to follow up on all the treads I look at. I have a question.....did you back injuries lead to RA? I know that I'm going to be prone to it but I've worried that it'll show up sooner rather than later. Any advice for me? I'm 32 and working on losing the weight, hurt my back 3 years ago and still have flair ups. Lost a majority of my muscle from all the down time. RA really worries me and I'm concerned about all the steriod injections.

Feedback would be awesome. Joanne, great job on the walks! After reading your posts, and finding out your ages (no offense), I've been inspired

Deb

Have a great 4th!
Old 07-04-2003, 08:04 AM   #50  

Deb....Sorry about your back problems. I certainly know how that is.

As far as I know, nothing about my back problems caused RA. I was only 33 when car accident happened, & now I'm 54. Although the OA is in several places now, it is a different "problem". The only thing dr says about OA & RA with me is trying to deal with pain. Says that it's diffifult to tell sometimes which he's dealing with. When I started Remicade, I could tell a difference. It helped RA, but not OA. Dr says RA is a disease of the immune system. It's like any other disease. Some people get it & some don't. I was one of the "lucky" ones. I don't know of anyone in my family having it, as far back as I can remember. It started about a year ago, in one finger. That finger kept me awake at night hurting. My dr referred me to a Rheumatoligist, who knew right away, what was going on. After only one year, it's all through my body. This doesn't happen to everyone who gets it. Some only have mild to moderate pain that can be dealt with by otc meds...while others, like me, have to have major treatments. By getting it early, we are hoping it will be kept under control & not get worse. Meaning, to be bedridden, or wheelchair bound. I'm determined for that to not happen. I do suggest, if you have any problem, as I mentioned, see your dr immediately. The sooner they find it, the better. And it does, usually start out in a finger, then the same finger on the other hand. Didn't mean to write a book on it....but want to help you all I can. Hope this has helped. Feel free to ask anything.

One more thing, I had several steroid injections in my back. After a few years, I requested the dr try something else. I started out on Motrin (which is wonderful). After a few years, the dr wanted to try something else, since Motrin, after a time, can bother the stomach. Now, I'm on Lodine, which is great also. No cure, but makes it bearable(spelling). It took almost a year, but the weight from the steroids came off without any effort. It's hard to lose weight with it in your system. My weight gain this time wasn't due to that.

Hopefully, your back problem won't get worse than it already is. Be care with any exercising. You don't want to cause more problems. I've lost 20 lbs since April 23 without any kind of exercising, so it can be done.

I wish you lots of good luck.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:00 AM   #51  

Default Hey There

I hope everyone had a good 4th. I had a very nice one. I think it was a lot louder in my area this year. As a matter a fact I know our street was never lit up this much. I noticed that all the areas around us were the same. We went out to the beach and could see the fireworks of all the towns along the coast. Very nice!
I have OA . some developed from injury but most was from Great and Grand parents. I have had problems since I was a teen ager. I no longer can take any of the medications for it. I developed ulcers from the meds. I have had the injections and when it gets too bad just get another one.I have one knee replacement and don't want another one. I think keeping active is the key. Ofcourse I got serious about weight and that helped the most.
Hope you guys stay well...Joanne
Old 07-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #52  

Hi Joanne and Angel,

Had a great weekend! Most of the family went away for the weekend so I had the house to myself. BLISS!

I think we need to start a new thread because this one is getting so long. Would love to keep in touch with you guys.

I haven't had an injection in about 10 mths. Back randomly kicks up a fuss. I especially have chronic pain around my TOM. Prior to the big injury I never really had trouble with that but now it's every time. Asked the doc about it, what effect the steriods had on hormones, etc. He either ignored my question or just didn't get it. I think there is a definate link.

Sometimes I feel like lease ran out on my body when I hit 30! lol

Take care,
Deb
Old 07-06-2003, 05:06 PM   #53  

Hi Joanne & Young Grasshopper. Been resting a little on this cloudy, kinda rainy day. Makes my bones ache!!

Joanne...sorry about the OA. I hop from one to another. At least, I haven't had ulcers from any of them. I had a friend who had knee surgery....it's back to giving her problems again. I wish you better luck!

Young Grasshopper....I know how you feel about turning 30 & body changing! I wonder how the body knows?! Anyway...when you have a question, pin the dr down. You have every right to know what's going on, & to get every question answered. Sorry, I just get so aggravated at drs sometimes. I'm very fortunate. I have 3 or 4 drs......& they're great! I guess they've know me for so long now, I seem like family!LOL

Gonna go.......for a little while....you guys know by now...it won't be for long!
Old 07-07-2003, 10:42 AM   #54  

Default Hey There

Starting new thread- You know how to get there.Joanne
Old 07-07-2003, 11:14 AM   #55  

Default Hey There

I messed up and forgot to title the new thread right. It is under Hey There. Sorry. I don't know how to change it...Joanne
Closed Thread