Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #31  

"I don’t wanna work today
Maybe I just wanna stay
Just take it easy cause there is no stress"

:c arrot:

Gorgeous day here again today, I'm like Jekyll and Hyde when the sun comes out LOL!

Going to look at a new car tomorrow. I should be excited. But I'm not!

Rosebud - Thank you for the kind words about my attitude, most people just think I am nuts. Unfortunately the attitude fails me frequently as I have bad bouts of depression. Marketing idea: Chocolate flavoured Anti-depressants YUMMMMMMM!

Purple - I know where you are coming from. Its so hard. I was raiding youtube last nite for wheelchair workouts. Actually found a couple of possibilities.....now if I can get 2 minutes to scratch my butt......LOL

Anyways, cheers all! Have a good day!

TheTigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #32  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI TIGZS ~ well, I think you have to have a good sense of humor in this life; and with what some us here on this thread are dealing with each day, we need an extra dose of something ...

And, dark chocolate covered anything might be a good idea; I had some dark-chocolate covered almonds at Christmas. That was a great idea too. I can have 4 for only 100 calories; and I only have about 4 left. I put them out in my freezer for a weekly treat; after that, then I can start on the very dark chocolate bars ... but in moderation, of course!

We had another gorgeous day today; and the temps came up to -7C which isn't too bad really. We'll take it! Just stayed home and did some laundry today; and a few light housechores as well. Stayed off the net all day waiting for a call, which never came ...

We had a lovely dinner of leftover roasted chicken and lots of veggies. Had a good day and was very happy with how I did. I made some homemade chicken-veggie soup with some of the broth and veggies from the other dish; and have enuff left for tomorrow's lunch as well.

Well, it's time for my evening tea -- have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow ladies ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #33  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi fellow chicks

Well today is a mixed bag when it comes to the weather one minute brilliant sunshine and the next snow ****. The weather though over the past few days has been getting slowly colder and distinctly chilly .

Tomorrow off on our travels DH and I we are delivering in Luton which is not too far from London our capital city. Lets hope the weather does not turn for the worse and we have heavy snowfall We are delivering the usually beanbags for BIL but I have still to get myself organised and make the sandwiches for the journey. I have just got back after doing the weekly shop at the big superstore near my home. Mind you I am blessed for supermarkets as I have quite a few different ones all about the same distance from my home (5 mile radius) so we can pick and choose.

In the supermarket we go to I dropped by on the off chance that my glasses would be ready at the opticians as it has nearly been a fortnight since I selected the pairs (had an offer on two pairs for the price of one). I have gone for varifocals the same as my old pair of glasses. I have wore my glasses for a few hours but the change in prescription has made me feel dizzy after several hours of wearing them so to give my eyes a rest I have gone back to my old pair. So I have got to gently introduce my eyes to the new prescription over the next few days. The glasses I have selected this time are not wildly different from the ones I wear at the minute nearly the same shape but the glasses arms are slightly wider. One pair is light and one pair beige but even then not vastly different from each other. I have not got both pairs as unfortunately the lady who was fitting my glasses noticed a fault in the enamelling of the glasses so they have returned to have them replaced before they are given to me.

Like I said earlier in the post I have yet to make our sandwiches to go with us on our travels as the service stations are so expensive. I have also got some plan cooked chicken for our Rizzie so he has something to tide his hunger over with until he gets home. Plus it is not fair to be eating right next to him whilst in the van and he get absolutely nothing. This way he thinks he's not missed out and I feel guilt free for giving him something.

I have had a tiny bit of a tummy bug I think since Monday with the trotters not that I have felt too unwell or anything just a shade off colour and reduced appetite (not a bad thing ) Went for my oxygen treatment yesterday so and starting to feel human again Missed out last week so been a fortnight since my last oxygen fix so was ready this time.

TIGZ Yes I know what you mean exercising in the lounge to a dvd in the lounge on full display to the neighbours so needless to say the curtains are swiftly shut before the men in white coats come and cart me off Mind family all think I have a few screws loose for undertaking the career path I did of psychiatric nurse . My ultimate aim was to work at Rampton (maximum security psychiatric hospital) unfortunately just as I started to seriously look for Sister posts there (Sister is a rank in nursing or the male equivalent is Charge nurse) MS came knocking on my door.

Shopping is hard with all the "goodies" on offer to tempt you to fall off the path of healthy eating. There are aisles that I avoid altogether now and don't even stray down them otherwise it could be lethal I am lucky as I do not have any children whom I have to cater from so nothing to tempt me and my DH in our house. So if I do go on the munchies in the home it is on food that is not too damming on the waist line at the end of the day. I have yet to go round in a supermarket with my scooter ( I can just manage the walk round but absolutely tattered afterwards) oh no me on a scooter and food in the aisle not a good mix I can see that I am going to have an embarrassing accident knocking down a food display and you can guarantee it will be glass jars of something or other . I am new to a scooter by the way I have just about mastered using it outside without flattening someone (unlike the first time I used on I pinned our best friend to our car after I come hurtling down their driveway at full throttle Unfortunately our friend as not let me live that one down yet

It is lovely to have you on this board posting with your lovely upbeat personality and my warped sense of humour. My DH also has this lovely nature that I love so much and drawn toward. Many of the nurses I worked with thinking about it over the years had it and it was our pressure value on coping what at times with stressful and difficult situations. Look forward to having more of the same Jekyll or is it Hyde

ROSEBUD Well glad to report our Rizzie is back or normal being mischievous and having that glint in his eye telling me that he his looking for more trouble Appetite is back to normal and yesterday he was a bottomless pit and I reckon he had hollow legs cos I just couldn't fill him. He was making up for the last few days when he ate enough to keep a sparrow alive

Well at least you gave the "fit 4 life plan" a whirl and it wasn't for you as you did not find it filling enough. I like to feel full and satisfied so something along the lines of volumetrics looking for the foods with little calories and volume to fill my tummy. I know my tummy has shrunk since I have been healthy eating and foods that I happily munched away on now make me feel green at the gills for eating them. (serves me right for being naughty and giving in to temptation ) At least you can go back to your normal style of eating plan as it is working as you know by smaller clothing for one We know how important victories are whether they be the scales or not. Along the path that I have taken I have had both and they have given me pleasure not to mention incentive along the way to carry on.

I think it happens to most of us as we get that little bit older the more we feel the cold. It maybe due to the fact we are not so active as we were when we were twenty years or so younger. Plus with age comes health issues like arthritis not to mention other aches and pains. I know I feel the cold much more that I ever used to. My hands and feet are nearly always permanently cold my DH joking says " I reckon you must be dead " with being so cold. I know my DH who always wanted it cooler than me is now finding it cold at times especially on his shoulder which is arthritic.

Gotta run and a few chores I still need to do for today if I can been good to drop by though and catch up .

purpleorc

purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #34  
Rosebud

HI PURPLE ~ it was so nice to hear from you today; a big, long post too. Glad that you got out to your therapy yesterday, as it helps you so much. We were gonna go out today for a couple of pick-ups and for a walk, but the winds were really cold, making it feel much colder than it was. Tonight it is suppose to drop down to -17C, and with the winds, that would feel more like -27C; I can already hear the winds coming down the furnace pipe as I am typing this post.

DH is out watching a charity hockey game at our local arena; he likes going to things like that. I used to when I was younger, but I didn't feel up to it with colder temps. I do better earlier in the day really. Today, we were making up our bed with a new blanket that I picked up and I pulled my groin muscle ... that really smarts. Thankfully, after I rested for a while, the pain subsided and I was OK to get dinner going early, so DH could go early to the game. In the future, I am going to have to be more careful, and DH says that he would rather do those things than have me hurt myself again.

I had a really good OP day today; was happy about that. I am tweaking and revising my plan as I go. Instilling some ideas from other plans, but still using my basic plan that I devised many years ago now. I am getting better at it as time goes by. I have decided that it is better to stick with what you know works for you best.

Our winter carnival is on full force this weekend; sounds like they have some awesome things going on again this year. We have a new recreational committee that have been doing a fabulous job; so we are very blessed to have such dedicated folk in our town. We hope to get out and see some of the events this year.

Hope you have a wonderful trip tomorrow; like your RIZZIE, our NIKO loves to go with us no matter where we go, or how cold it is. DH thinks that we should try to find him a coat or sweater of some kind, as he is becoming so used to being a house pet now. Finding one his size will be the issue; he is a medium-sized dog. I don't know whether he'll want to wear it though, so we'll have to see. Maybe I'll put on one of DH's t-shirts to see how he reacts; that's what I did with our girls. When I saw they were OK with that, then I bought them sweaters.

Well, that's all the news from here for now -- do take good care ... Rosebud
Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #35  

Well, I overdid it yesterday. Ended up flat out on my back on the couch, grinding the teeth, migracool patch on forehead, doped up to the eyeballs! I was so desperate for relief I missed American Idol and took a ROASTING hot bath instead (just call me lobster!). Better today though. Sun is shining again, gorgeous but freezing here. Took this pic 2 days ago. This is what we see just yards from the front door. Makes is easier to get up in the mornings when this is what you see:

Car News

Went and signed the papers for a new car today. Going to go back on the Motability Scheme again. Less stress with no MOT's, Insurance and repairs etc etc etc

My Motability Gripe: The amount of people on the scheme who need automatic cars and the astronomical deposit for family sized cars that are automatics. Even the deposit you need to put down on one with enough room in the boot for your wheelchair - RIDICULOUS!!!!!!! Someone there needs a reality check!

Anyways, car will be here in a few weeks YAYYY!!!

Purple - Hope road trip goes well. Need to post a pic of Rizzie. I have a GSD and an Afghan/Collie cross. Here's mine:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...rettyhippy.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/flo71/Angel.jpg

Rosebud - Groin strain - OWWWWIEEEEEEE! Hope its back to normal. I totally understand being better earlier in the day, I'm like that too - on a downwards spiral from breakfast. Really had to learn well how to pace myself when I got back out the wheelchair, its a balancing act.

Right, going to have a coffee now and see if I can pick myself up for the afternoon!

TC All! XXXXXX
Old 02-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Hello everyone!

I have had some computer issues that kept me down for a few days Lucky for me I have a computer wiz in the household so I only had to wait on the parts

Well let me start by saying that my tummy is feeling much better and the new meds seem to be working as I must have lost some weight because my jeans fit again...lol I started a water aerobics class last night and that went really well I was able to do the whole class but was very very tired after and just snacked for dinner then went to bed before 8:30 I did swim my youngest son for the hour before that so I think it may have just been a shock to this body of mine...lol I was a little disappointed to find out that I only burnt about 400 calories and it seemed like so much work! I have joined the ymca and that was the pool I used it is farther then I wanted but I couldn't find anything closer so...what could I do? I was very happy that I was able to do so much more in the water then I can on land...I was very proud that I made it through the whole class I am going to look up how to use the stability ball and will ask about Tai Chi I am just not sure what all I can do right now....maybe a trainer could help me figure it all out I don't know but I have been doing something everyday and my calorie intake is staying about 2,100-2,300 per day yeah some days it is about 100 more then the doctor suggested but I am just not gonna beat myself up over it...it can't hurt that much, kwim? I am going to try to use the bike at the gym today for a little while or maybe the elliptical I am not sure just yet and the more I am thinking about it the more I think I would like to meet with a trainer at least a few times but it is so expensive...well maybe with my income tax.

Purple~Your poor niece....I know what this is like as an adult but as a kiddo it must be so much harder! God Bless her!
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #37  
Rosebud

HI TIGZ ~ that's a really nice picture of the view near your home; that is worth getting up to look at indeed. It must be so beautiful to sit out there with your morning java and so peaceful too. Ah, the eyes on that lovely little furry baby ... so deep; he/she looks like a sweetie and the Shepherd looks so mysterious in the dark. I love furry babies myself; will have to show you a pic of our NIKO too.

Vehicles are expensive no matter how you get them, it seems. We didn't pay much for our second-hand car, but the upkeep does cost as you know. Yes, I am feeling much better; just resting seemed to help that (I am so grateful). Today, I just took it easy, doing light stuff only. DH did the big vacuuming today; that is such a big help to me. That took up the morning while I did other small things; but lesson learned: there are just some things that I can't and/or shouldn't try to do anymore.

HEY LUCY ~ glad you got your PC issues all sorted out; like car repairs, PC issues come up regular. You are doing very well and boy, you are going to town with the exercise thing. Be careful not to overdo it now; we don't want you to hurt yourself, but you could try one thing at a time and see how you feel.

It was a colder day today as well, but we did have gorgeous all day. I sat in the sun for awhile and did some reading during a break and it was so nice. The sun makes it seem like it is warmer than it is; DH went out for awhile but came back in becuz he was cold. I am happy for the sunshine becuz it really makes February and March so much more bearable for us up here in the north. I sit in my rocker by our front window and it feels like I am basking in the sun, even if it is winter.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday tomorrow; and do take good care of yourselves ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-12-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

I never did make it to the gym yestersday my youngest had a orthodotist appt before and it didn't go well he was hurting so we went home and then I made him something soft for dinner. I did get the house cleaned up a bit the boys sure can mess it up fast! I was up a lot last night as my joints had been very stiff so I am debating the water class tonight it may get better once I am in but moving is very hard so I just don't know if I will have the energy after working today and not sleeping well

I have 2 furbabies as well Princess & Izzy..I ill have to get some pics up of my babies
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #39  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone! Gosh, I can't believe how long it's been since I had time to get on here and visit-must do better at that, as it helps so much to communicate with others in the same boat.

Lucy-glad you're able to join the Y and have some workout time. I'm sure it'll help, even with winding down from stress and such.

Tigz-beautiful view and furry babies! Welcome to our group too!

Purple-ouch! A burn on the foot can be very painful-maybe some advantage to diminished sensation (if there can be any advantage, you know). I once dumped a pot of boiling water down my tummy and ended up with a blister right at my waistband. I knew then that I had to start being much more careful. My biggest problem has always been falling. I even fell a couple weeks ago when I had snow on my shoes and stepped on a concrete floor, then whoop! Down I went on my knee again and it's still stiff. Hoping your travels went well this week! And, so glad Rizzie's feeling better!

Rosebud-Hope you get to go out to some of your Winter Carnival activities. Sounds like fun! I'd like to find some fun activity to do, but I'm thinking more of somewhere with palm trees and sandy beaches-lol! Not that anything like that is bound to happen, of course.

I was reading Dr. Oz's book, "You on a Diet" and found a hint I'd like to share. He says that eating about 70 calories of healthy fat (you know, those omega fats) about 20 minutes before a meal triggers the fat-sensing chemicals that our brains need to help us start to feel full. Now, I've always had a problem with portion control and wanting second helpings, so I thought this is something I really need help with. His solution is to eat 6 walnut halves or 12 almonds or 20 peanuts about 20 minutes before your meal and IT REALLY WORKS! I'm so surprised that something so simple helps me keep my portions within reason. I knew I had cut my fats way too much, so now I get those healthier fats and feel more full with less food at any meal.

Our DS3 is going on a youth retreat this weekend-his first time to go away on his own (well, with the youth group, of course). He's looking forward to it, even though the boys that had caused problems will be going also, but there will be lots of other kids there that he likes to hang with, so he should have a great time!

Our lawsuit was settled for more than we expected, but less than our attorney said we should have gotten-oh, well....it'll be enough to pay off the medical and even some other bills, so we're not complaining. Just wish drivers would learn to be responsible and insurance companies weren't such crooks!

Well, must go get some work and schooling done. Hope you all have a great day and weekend too! Oh, and happy Valentine's Day !
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronni62 View Post
I was reading Dr. Oz's book, "You on a Diet" and found a hint I'd like to share. He says that eating about 70 calories of healthy fat (you know, those omega fats) about 20 minutes before a meal triggers the fat-sensing chemicals that our brains need to help us start to feel full. Now, I've always had a problem with portion control and wanting second helpings, so I thought this is something I really need help with. His solution is to eat 6 walnut halves or 12 almonds or 20 peanuts about 20 minutes before your meal and IT REALLY WORKS! I'm so surprised that something so simple helps me keep my portions within reason. I knew I had cut my fats way too much, so now I get those healthier fats and feel more full with less food at any meal.
First of all, thank you for the welcome Ronni, nice to meet you. Does the book offer any alternative to nuts? I'm nut intolerant and not too keen on fish. Maybe an omega-3 capsule 20 mins before would work.

Having a busy day today with kids, cars, housework (yes I do some lol!) and making jewellery in between. Used to make jewellery years ago, before "The Chair" and then the kids, now finding I have some extra time since the kids are in school and I can make jewellery without stressing my body out. Got a local charity night coming up so I am going to sell some there and see how it goes. If unsuccessful there's always Ebay LOL!

Need to go, making salad to go with dinner tonight.

TC All talk laterz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #41  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello Ladies

Lots of lovely post for me to read today so hopefully I am now up to speed. I went on my travels yesterday and did a trip to Luton. It went very smoothly and no hold up on the roads plus a big bonus we found the delivery place easily as well.

I am in the process of making some red lentil soup. I have just made a stock from ham hock bones now waiting for that to go cold to skim any fat that might be lurking in there. I have already prepared all the vegetables to go in to the soup so well organised on that front. So we should have a lovely soup for tomorrow with it begin lentil soup it is very filling as well.

Brass monkey weather here at the minute the wind is so biting so I have to wrap up like I am about to rob a bank Goodness knows what people think of me and especially when I have to do it around the freezer section of the supermarket as it can trigger my trigeminial neuralgia.

RONNI Yes time flies by so quickly and without you realising it has been several days since you have made an appearance on 3fc and I raise my hands up to that and guilty as charged

I have had a few falls in my time but none recently. I am becoming increasingly unsteady on my feet though I have notice so I am sure it is a matter of time seems to come with the territory. Like you have done it seems to always seek out the weak spot for landing on just to irritate it some more.

I had a great trip with DH and Rizzie but unfortunately our baby had some horrid smells emanating from his rear end. Typical the van did not come with pegs for our noses

ROSEBUD Sorry to hear that you have been in the wars with pulling a muscle in your groin Ouch. I hope that it gets better soon and you don't get too much pain from it. Your DH and mine seem to be alike in rather doing things for us so that we don't hurt ourself. I know sometimes he is in pain himself with his shoulder and he suffers in silence. So I have to be observant and watch for the signs that he is in pain. I can then offer pain relief, either a massage, heat pad or medication. But you know men and tablets biggest babes out bless them. He would not ask for pain relief and getting to take a tablet is a feat in itself

Is the festival or carnival that is eminent is that the one where bon homme makes an appearance? I hope I have the spelling right as we have nothing like that here in the UK.

LUCY Pc's can be great but so frustrating when they won't go I am lucky also that my DH is quite handy with pc so is able to do a few things for me. I can reformat my own pc now but at one time had to get nephew to do it for us. So we gradually learnt the process from him so we did not have to call upon him for that. The nephew in question is a bit of whizz when it comes to pc's so we are fortunate that this is his background but he now works in the family firm for his uncle and with his mum.

Glad your tummy has settled down and it is not giving you so much hassle. At least one bonus came out of it which is your jeans fitting . It is handy to take your measurements with a tape measure because often the scales may not go down especially if you are exercising but the tape measure will highlight those non scale victories which are just as important. I was surprised along the way that how many inches I had lost over the time. So often the scales may not have budged an ounce but progress has been made in other areas. I really wished I was much braver and had photographs taken of myself at the beginning of my journey. But I was the Master at dodging and avoiding photographs like they were the plague. I never wanted a record me if I did see myself in a photograph then in my mind I was this 150 goddess (which oh boy I wasn't)

It does seem disheartening when you have worked your socks off for something like 200 calories and it seems that it should be 10 times that much. The exercise we do get in all adds up over time and if you losing even if it is a little at a time then you are doing something right. People are so disappointed that they are not like losing 5lbs or so every week but it is much better to lose 1-2 pounds per week. It might not seems like much but it sure does add up and soon people will notice the change in your body.

Hey the odd 100 calories over is not be beat yourself up over you might find another day that you are 100 calories less so it all works itself out in the end. So you have the right attitude towards the little overage that you might have one day. I now am on 1500 but some days that could creep up nearer 2000 but other days it is nearer 1200 so if you add it up over a week it would average 1500.

Yes having disability to contend with when you are that age it is hard. Before my sister became disabled I was the only member in the family who was remotely knowing what she felt like. So I sat and had a chat with her and she opened up to me as I think she as always known me as disabled as I was diagnosed the same year as she was born. By the time I was diagnosed with MS I already had a degree of disability. It seems so unfair that she will not know what a "normal" childhood is like to run and play like other girls without having loads of pain.

TIGZ Thanks for sharing the photograph of the view from your home and your furry babies. (they're gorgeous by the way ) Wow what a view from your home that is beautiful so picturesque. There are some stunning views in Scotland and I simply love it up there. I had numerous holidays to various parts of the country. The last time I was in a log cabin not too far from Moffatt (spelling? hopeless at spelling ) I would go again but we take my parents on holiday with us and my Dad is getting frailer so we tend to choose places a little closer to home.

I too have a car on Motability which has been a god send and taken the stress out of maintaining a car and the expenses that come with it. I know what you mean the prices for down payment for family cars can be astronomical I wish that there where some affordable ones. I know it is a charitable organisation but people with disabilities do have families. I have a family car big enough for 4 adults, a dog and scooter. We have the car this size as often we take Dad to hospital plus our holiday. Then there are times throughout the year when my parents come and stay with us for short periods. I best get off my before I get myself in mischief

This is a picture of my furry baby he is called Rizzie and he is a Staffordshire bull terrier. He is 11 years old in January going on two at times

I have loved your post with its humour akin to mine. Made me laugh when you put the picture of the our nickname for our dog is Moo this is because he was once ignored being called in from the garden so I crept out to find him munching away on grass The only other time he has ignored me is when I have found him several times nose to nose with the next door neighbours cat. Neither sonic (cat) or Rizzie daring to make the first move so both staring each other out. Rizzie seems to have a fascination with cats. We found him in my parents garden having his nose scratched to pieces by the neighbours cat Percy. Our silly dog just sat there and let him do it So now he has a little white scar on his nose for his run in with Percy. You would think he would learn but he seems hypnotised by them

Well must wash up the tea pots as the butler has not done them tonight I also fancy a drink as my throat is forever dry take care ladies been great stopping by

purpleorc
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #42  
Rosebud

HI PURPLE ~ the temps warmed up for us some today; we had a bit of ***** in the AM, then the came out for most of the day -- and now the temps are sitting around a balmy -10C, so it feels quite warm in here right now. I may even have to turn DOWN the furnace tonight ... yeah!

DH was brave and went out to a couple of hockey games; but he said it was very cold, so he had to go inside wear the heat was. As we get older, the cold bothers our muscles and joints much more. The big events will be starting this weekend mostly; and DH's favorite is the smash-up car derby on snow; and it gets bigger every year.

I don't know if the bonhomme will show up or not. I know that there is one here, but whether he/it will be around for this carnival or not is a mystery. They have them in Quebec a lot and at all their carnivals and many winter celebrations. DH & I did see one in our town one year, but we can't recall now when it was; he just seems to show up at some places here and there. Maybe we have a shy bonhomme ...

We had a quiet day today; I have been taking it easy so I can rest my groin muscle -- don't want to aggravate it at all. The best way is to not do anything that is stressful to that area, but I felt better as the day progressed.

That is a nice picture of RIZZIE; that is cute how he gets up on his hind legs for you to take the picture. I tried to take a pic of NIKO yesterday, but as soon as I got out the camera, he decided it was time to get up and stretch. He looks at the camera with an inquisitive expression; you can tell he is wondering what it is ...

Glad you had a good trip yesterday; funny that RIZZIE seems to have indigestion problems on the trips. I think most dogs eat grass; our girls always did that, esp the terrier; and we have caught NIKO doing that as well. I read somewhere that there is something in grass they like. I read in a book that grass is very high in vitamins. Dandelion leaves (the young ones before flowering are best) are also extremely high levels of Vitamin A and other vitamins & minerals: who knew???

Ate well today: had steak & mushroom medley for dinner tonight. Did some reading for awhile, and decided to come in and get a post in. Take good care and do have a wonderful weekend with your folks and family ... Rosebud
Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #43  
Rosebud

TIGZ ~ what kind of jewelry do you make? Maybe you can take some pictures of it and show them to us; I think that is great to make things at home. You can also sell some at Farmer's Markets; we have some young ladies that do that here: they make beaded neclaces and bracelets and sell them. Christmas bazaars and trade shows are another good place to sell them.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #44  
Rosebud

HI RONNIE yah, that's a good idea about the nuts and Omega-3 oils; will definitely try that to see how it works for me. I have some walnuts & almonds here, so could try them; but I would have to work really hard to discipline myself with the peanuts. Maybe if I got some non-salted ones, I wouldn't have a problem with them; I may try that. I think I may even have some Omega-3 oil caplets here, so I wonder if that would work too.

I do have to be careful though as the fish oil, Vitamin E, and Omega-3 oils can thin your blood; and I am already on aspirin therapy for that too. I had to cut one when I started taking the Vitamin E caplets for my skin. It is strange but a lady was telling me that if your blood gets too thin, your skin has trouble healing; seems that the doctors either don't know this or didn't pass that tidbit on to us.

Anyhow, this oil is good for us; but we have to take just a bit. As I mentioned before, one of my books says that we need 1-2 tbl of good oils each day for optimum health; you learn something new every day ... thanks for sharing those tips with us ...

I hope and pray that DS3 will have a fabulous time at this youth retreat; hope it is well-supervised and that he has fun too. It will be a bit quiet at home this weekend; hope you and your DH can get some good rest time on this Valentine's weekend. Got any plans?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #45  
Rosebud

HI LUCY ~ hope you and your DS are both feeling better tonight. About the swimming and gym thing -- maybe if you go swimming every other time, and do a gym exercise in between, that will give your body a chance to get used to it. You'd think the swimming would be good for them; and it likely is, but you may have to start out slowly in the beginning and work your way up until your muscles and joints can get used to it. Sometimes we forget that our poor old bodies are not used to these kinds of exercise assaults ...

I have been doing a new toning exercise the last 2 days; I really luv it but today I noticed that my right shoulder doesn't like it. So I will try doing them only every other day to see if that helps. These old injuries keep causing havoc when I am just trying to get in better overall shape. I may have to modify things a bit, so we'll see. I am trying to invent new exercises that I can do ~ and that can be done indoors year-round also, but it does take some trial and error on my part, and I have to be careful not to hurt myself while trying them out.

Have a great weekend with your family too ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-12-2010 at 11:44 PM.