Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 09:28 PM   #1  

Angry Fibromyalgia #64

Well here we go, with a brand new thread - again We can sure talk up a storm.

Anagram - Welcome to our little group. Glad you decided to come join us. We are not big, but we have gotten to know one another, and that is what is important. We have a really good support group here, dealing with life in general - not just FM or OA. It is starting to heat up here again as well. I live in the Province of Alberta, in Canada. It is going to be hitting the 90's again this week. This just drains me. We do NOT have any airconditioning and certainly no hope of purchasing an airconditioner this year. There isn't one left in Canada This hot weather sent everyone scurrying and those that moved the fastest(shich isn't me) probably got one. We have to just survive using our fan. Thank goodness it is a real powerful one.

My name is Anne. What can we call you beside Anagram.

Everyone else, I am too tired to type. I am in the thros of a fatigue bout. Hopefully it will pass by tomorrow. I hate this.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:39 PM   #2  

I hope the fatigue bout passes by tomorrow, as well.

My dil is Anne and #1 gd is Anna (hence anagram - darn, I'm clever). Since #2 came along and is named Amanda I figure anagram is for A 'n' A (gram).

Ellen
Old 07-22-2002, 11:43 PM   #3  

Talking a laugh to start your day

CAT IN HEAVEN!

One day, a cat dies of natural causes and goes to Heaven, where he meets
the Lord.

The Lord says to the cat, "You lived a good life, and if there is any way
I can make your stay in heaven more comfortable, please let me know."

The cat thinks for a moment and says, "Lord, all my life I have lived with
a poor family and had to sleep on a hard wooden floor."

The Lord stops the cat and says, "Say no more," and a wonderful, fluffy
pillow appears.

A few days later, six mice are killed in a tragic farming accident, and
all of them go to heaven. Again, the Lord is there to greet them with the
same offer.

The mice answer, "All our lives we have been chased. We have had to run
from cats, dogs, and even women with brooms. Running, running, running;
we're tired of running. Do you think we could have roller skates so that
we don't have to run anymore?"

The Lord says, "Say no more" and fits each mouse with beautiful new roller
skates.

About a week later, the Lord stops by to see the cat and finds him
snoozing on the pillow.

The Lord gently wakes the cat and asks him, "How are things since you got
here?"

The cat stretches and yawns, then replies, "It is wonderful here. Better
than I could have ever expected. And those 'Meals On Wheels' you've been
sending by are the best!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A husband looking through the paper came upon a study
> > > > that said women use more words than men. Excited to prove
> > > > to his wife that he had been right all along when he accused
> > > > her of talking too much, he showed her the study results. It
> > > > read, "Men use about 15,000 words per day, but women
> > > > use 30,000."
> > > >
> > > > The wife thought for a while, then finally said to her
> > > > husband, "It's because we have to repeat everything we say."
> > > > And he said....."What?"
> > > >
Old 07-23-2002, 12:45 AM   #4  
just me

Hi there, I'm new here. I wonder if I could have something like Fibromyalgia. Is there a test for it? Could someone tell me some symptoms of it? Does anyone know what causes it? Lots of question, huh? I'm curious about this. I keep wondering what is wrong with me and been told a few things but I have a hard time thinking that's all there is to it.

Nice to meet you folks. I hope we can talk a lot here.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:33 AM   #5  

Hi to anagram and roundwoman. Glad to see you here.

I went to the rhematologist in Nashville today...same old same old! He more or less said that with what I have I shouldn't expect to feel much better than I do and that there isn't really anything else he can give me besides what I'm taking now. He did put me back on neurontin at night because of my leg and ankle. He agreed with the physical therapist that it is probably a pinched nerve causing it to hurt so bad. I'm just sick and tired of doctors in general! Wish I never had to go to another one! They just don't know how to deal with this stuff. He told me to take it easy, get plenty of rest and to keep my feet up! HA

Roundwoman (isn't there something else we can call you???)...you asked what the symptoms of fibro are...you kind of feel like you've been run over by a mac truck! Achy...like the flu. Bruised...like someone has been pounding on you. Tired...like you've stayed awake all night and dug ditches. Irritable...like you've been constipated for a couple of weeks. And, last but not least: Sore in spots...like someone has taken a broom stick and punched you with it in your shoulders and back and sometimes in your arms and legs.

It is supposed to be hot and humid here the rest of the week with rain for the next few days! Just what I need!!! I'm taking some time off for me. I have a PT appointment tomorrow afternoon and then I have to go to Nashville again Wednesday afternoon for a mammogram. Thursday afternoon I have an appointment with a lawyer about Mom's stuff. That's enough to have to deal with for THREE weeks. But...that's all I'm doing the rest of the week. Every thing and every body else will just have to get put on HOLD!

Anne...wish you were here...in the airconditioning!!!
Hope everyone else is keeping cool!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:17 AM   #6  

Default Hi

Hi new people-a rheumatologist is the one who can diagnose fibro plus there are lots of articles. Hope you are doing ok Meme. Grieving also takes energy and makes you more tired so give yourself a break. I'm spoiled, we have central air and it's 90 but I can finish my ironing. WE are going away for the weekend and then I'm going to work for 2 weeks. So I need to be caught up. I have been feeling pretty good since I don't have the party to get ready for. But there is always something to do especially with my husband in business. But I do pace myself. My kids are back in FL after being away for 25 days. Alison got to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway!!!She loves musicals just like her grandma. Stay cool everyone. And hi. Mima (Gail)
Old 07-23-2002, 07:04 PM   #7  

Default Hey

Meme- I like your diagnosis of Fibro.. I have never been diagnosed with it but feel that way often. I think it is a combination of getting"younger" and OA. I hope your days are looking brighter.
Happy... Go and get yourself some air conditioning. I can't live without it... I have it ready to go even in the fall months.
Welcome anagram and roundwoman...I hope you will like our group.
Mima... I bet your sweetie liked your cake even if you did put too much orange juice in the icing..Are you coming to Fl. next year again.. ?
Ally ..Hello..I have been slack with my walking and exercise. I really feel guilty when I don't do it..But I have been a little busy.
Candice ..How are you?
I went out today and got my daughter a nice silver bracelet for her birthday. It is really not easy to find them as gold is so popular.. It is a chain of dophins...I think she will like it...We are going up there this weekend. She lives in N/Fl. Talk about hot. It is really hot there. It is more central in the state..
Hello Serenity...
Bye...Joanne
Old 07-24-2002, 12:50 AM   #8  

Angry Hello

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

Welcome Roundwoman. Here is a site that explains FM pretty well, although Meme did an excellent job.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000427.htm

It was hot here again today. I will get an airconditioner next year. There are none left in Canada, due to this continuing heatwave, so we will just have to put up with fans.

I have my little grand daughter staying with me for a few days. She arrived this evening, it is now 10:45 and she is STILL awake. She is 4. She was excited about coming and this always happens the first night anyway.

Still feeling a little tired, but seems to be improving each day. Hope it continues. I think a lot of it is the heat and then the cooler temps and then the heat. Way to many body swings
Old 07-24-2002, 05:36 AM   #9  

Bluebberry Muffins 3pts These are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

1 cup sugar
1 tbsp. oleo (I used imperial 1/3 less fat)
1 egg
1 cup sour cream (I used FF sour cream)
2 cups flour
1 tsp. B. soda
1 tsp. B powder
pinch of salt
1 cup blueberries
1 Tbsp. Sugar (to sprinkle on top) It did not take all of this.

Mix together the sugar, oleo,(I mix sugar and oleo with a fork first)
egg, and sour cream. Add flour, baking powder and salt (I mix these
three together before adding). Fold into blueberries. Fill muffin
cups.(I used pam spray) Sprinkle top with sugar Bake 20-25 minutes at
35o. Makes 12 generous muffins. Do not store in an airtight container.
Freeze well.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:37 AM   #10  

Nice weather for a few days so I am in the yard again! cleaned Monday so I was just pooped out!
Old 07-24-2002, 09:03 AM   #11  

Good morning to all. We had a storm go through las t night and finally have some great weather - hopefully for a few days at least. Don't know what we're going to do today but NOT work. Probably a nice walk somewhere to enjoy this weather. Don't feel up to a day trip anywhere but the day would be perfect for it. And those weeds are calling me. But....I sometimes throw all those old "responsibilities" to the winds and just go.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:04 AM   #12  

Hi all-boy did it cool off today!!!We had some bad storms yesterday. But everything got watered. I walked again yesterday but Brad brought home Chinese. It was good but..... People are always giving him food. Packing up for the weekend-it will almost be like camping. Hope it's cooler in Canada, Anne. Yes, we are going to FL next February but maybe only for 2 weeks because we are going on the DElta Queen in the fall. Big bucks. Bye for now. Mima
Old 07-24-2002, 12:38 PM   #13  

Angry Hi

Candice, thanks for the recipe. They sound really, really good. Is Oleo, Margarine? If not, I have no idea what it is

Ally and Meme - Does the Blue Stuff work? I was thinking of getting some, but I won't until I hear from you. Is it worth it. They have it on sale, for $29.95US. Is that a good price?

Ellen - you are clever. That was very smart! Where abouts do you live? Sounds like you are close to Mima.

The weather here is getting warmer, not cooler - at least for the next few days. By Saturday, we will be back to more normal temps, thank heavens. Anyway, can't get an airconditioner at the moment. Not one to be found anywhere. The whole of Canada has been in a heatwave. It is a terrible drought going on here. Worst many have seen (some who are over 80 say that). Farmers are being forced to sell of their cattle as there is no food for them. This is in Alberta and Saskatewan. Not much hope for them this year.
'
Ellen, I think Joanne beats you as being the 'Mother" of the board. I think you are there with Mima. I am 57 - Ally is our baby.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:26 PM   #14  

Default Hey There

Well everybody..This has been a really confusing week for me. I have been a week ahead of myself all week. I have to ask the date all the time and We have a calender in just about every room. I went to the gro. store and didn't buy some things I could use because I was thinking we were going away this weekend. Then my son informed me it was next week. Yeah! I know now I am getting younger!!

Happy .I feel like the "mother" of the board today.But I did my exercises and tried to get some blood flowing.. It is trying to rain here. It will probably miss us again. Oleo/Margarine-one and the same.
Anagram... Lately I have not worked in the yard as I used to do..My hubby has taken over there.. He needs to do it. It is about the only exercise he does unless he is surfing the t v. I have plenty to do in the house. I have worked harder it seems since we retired than I did when I was nursing. Just not as much stress.
Candice ..Thanks for the recipe . How are you?
Hello Ally, Meme,Serenity...Bye...Joanne
Old 07-24-2002, 03:54 PM   #15  

Hi Gals

Hello and welcome to Anagram and Round woman

I was diagnosed by a rhuemitologist

WW this week - same weight as last week to the ounce. I have been on steroid pills - knew it would show on the scales - I am off now and should start loosing again by next week.

A lot cooler this week and had 2 thunderstorms but flowers still drying out in the yard. Have to water everyday.

I heard to day that the farmers in Ontario, are sending food for the cattle in Saskatchewan and Alberta. Railway cars have been donated.

Hello to all of you - seem to be very busy lately - funerals etc.

Our hot weather is coming back in a fewdays so will try to get some yardwork done today.

Serenity
Closed Thread